ADVERTISEMENT

State of the B1G

Auger

HR All-American
Sep 14, 2007
MSU, Michigan, Norwestern, Purdue and Nebraska all picking up non con losses was tough for the B1G's image. The B1G West looks weak right now. Wisconsin looks solid. Iowa looks like it has a good D, Offense and OL have some work to do. Other West teams look bad.

The East doesn't look that deep anymore. MSU lost to a middle of the road PAC team. Michigan couldn't get the job done against ND. PSU looks like they took a step back. Ohio St looks legit and Maryland looks like they could surprise.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio St run away with the East. Same for Wisconsin in the West. While Iowa looks like it has the makings of a great D the way we've been playing in these first two games plays right into Wisconsin's hands and will put us into too many close games this season. Offense needs to step up big right now. Conservative ball won't win us the West.

MSU, Michigan, Norwestern, Purdue and Nebraska all picking up non con losses was tough for the B1G's image. The B1G West looks weak right now. Wisconsin looks solid. Iowa looks like it has a good D, Offense and OL have some work to do. Other West teams look bad.

The East doesn't look that deep anymore. MSU lost to a middle of the road PAC team. Michigan couldn't get the job done against ND. PSU looks like they took a step back. Ohio St looks legit and Maryland looks like they could surprise.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio St run away with the East. Same for Wisconsin in the West. While Iowa looks like it has the makings of a great D the way we've been playing in these first two games plays right into Wisconsin's hands and will put us into too many close games this season. Offense needs to step up big right now. Conservative ball won't win us the West.
What do you mean Penn State looks like they took a step back? They won 51-6 against an in state rival.

We know as well as anyone, traveling down to ASU in mid September is no easy task regardless of how good ASU actually is.

Going to ASU should be a big no no for the Big Ten.

You'll always play a night game start of 2130 CST. Early in the season means the game will be in the high 90s. There are massive time and weather advantages for the home team that a road big ten team will adjust to. It just seems like such a poor idea to even contemplate

We know as well as anyone, traveling down to ASU in mid September is no easy task regardless of how good ASU actually is.

And we know what happens when they travel to the B1G.

The incredible Stanford team that destroyed us in the Rose Bowlabd and could never be beaten lost to Northwestern at Northwestern that same year w/ McCaffrey. The same Northwestern we destroyed there.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I can respect the MSU loss

NW, NEB, PUR loss at home were bad

I am not sure about the Northwestern loss. Duke may not be horrible this year but Northwestern sure looked absolutely terrible. I don't care what qb they used. Fitz and his brain went 1-5 (I believe...) on 4th down plays.

Nebraska lost to a Colorado team that obliterated their rival last week. I thought Colorado had been much better the last few years but if Nebraska lost their qb, their season is toast.

Purdue is a mystery. Seem to have weapons but they can't put it together. What a disappointing start for them.

The SEC is clearly #1, everyone else is fairly even.

Not really.

I see a lot of similarity between the conferences. The ACC, B1G, & SEC all seem to have 1 elite team, a couple really good teams, and a bunch of average to poor teams. The Big 12 is a bit behind with 1 elite team and a bunch of average to poor teams.

It's really too early to say anything at this point. Wait until october.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
nebby losing in the debut game of their new savior was hopefully the first of many to come their way this year.

Reactions: WestIAHawk

Did you watch The Final Drive on BTN? Nebraska is going to win the NCCG.....

BTN crew gets tiring...need new blood.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Michigan and Michigan St. both lost close games on
the road. They will need to improve their offenses to
beat Ohio St. Wisconsin and Ohio St. will win their
divisions. Big Ten hype in non-conference does not
win football games against our opponents.

Not really.

I see a lot of similarity between the conferences. The ACC, B1G, & SEC all seem to have 1 elite team, a couple really good teams, and a bunch of average to poor teams. The Big 12 is a bit behind with 1 elite team and a bunch of average to poor teams.

It's really too early to say anything at this point. Wait until october.
Have you seen Georgia? Georgia should be #2 in the polls today.

Just saw the reply and never seen so much praise for a team losing to a low/mid level at best Pac 12 team at home nonetheless.
I agree, and I should clarify. Debbie should win it all if Martinez is healthy. " without him, they are toast"..(Gerry Dinardo). Lol

Arizona St is now 10-0 at home vs the Big 10.

+5 was easy money

They were also highly complimentary about Illinois. It's their job.

I get what you are saying. I guess my point was if we had lost yesterday to a team who is better than Colorado at home by one score I don’t think they wouldn’t have had as many compliments. Just seemed like they going over board a little more than normal with their praising of Nebraska and frost after losing at home to a not very good Colorado team.

I get what you are saying. I guess my point was if we had lost yesterday to a team who is better than Colorado at home by one score I don’t think they wouldn’t have had as many compliments. Just seemed like they going over board a little more than normal with their praising of Nebraska and frost after losing at home to a not very good Colorado team.

Yeah, I know. I think they were essentially saying that they sucked last year, and this year they appear to be much improved. I also think they were very impressed with Martinez, who did look darn good.

I gathered their point was they weren't competitive last year, and this year they will be.

BTW, Colorado beat Colorado St last week bigly, and CState beat Arkansas this week. I think Colorado might be pretty darned good this year.

Anyway, the BTN crew are paid to be homers and they are.

What do you mean Penn State looks like they took a step back? They won 51-6 against an in state rival.

Not sure if you watched the game or just looked at the box score? PSU week 1 looked like it had lots of holes. Week 2 they patched some of those holes up a bit but also had some other issues pop up. Had a couple fumbles as well. They don't look as smooth as they did last year and are forcing some things right now. Not to say they can't get their again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT