ADVERTISEMENT

Strength

IMO this is a ridiculous post. Brands clearly has the team on a plan to peak at NCAAs instead of hobbling to the finish line like last season. Everyone on the team outside of Warner looks better this year. It's likely Warner is dealing with something and he always brings his A game to NCAAs anyway.
Said absolutely nothing about the way they are wrestling.

Reactions: artradley
Strength is the least of this teams concerns. Impossible to tell strength just by looks. David Taylor as a string bean 157 and 165 would make the most jacked dudes in the weight look silly falling all over themselves. The vast majority of D1 starters will be strong enough to be successful, provided they have the technique and athleticism to back it up.

It’s not about how strong you are; it’s about how strong you LOOK.

0027006-axjm-1280x720.jpg

Most Iowa wrestlers have looked less defined and lacking mass but idk that it plays a factor all the time. Brands, PK, Warner all seem usually smaller than their opponents

• Wow
Reactions: Chips28
Strength is the least of this teams concerns. Impossible to tell strength just by looks. David Taylor as a string bean 157 and 165 would make the most jacked dudes in the weight look silly falling all over themselves. The vast majority of D1 starters will be strong enough to be successful, provided they have the technique and athleticism to back it up.
Exactly! This subject has gone from ridiculous to sublime.

Exactly! This subject has gone from ridiculous to sublime.
maxresdefault.jpg

Other teams wrestle at weights so they don't have severe cuts and they are genius. We do it and we look weak, small or soft. Tell me again how Lee, Woods, Murin, Brands, Abe or Tony look weak or soft.

Just like Otto as wrestler of the match, GMAFB

IMO this is a ridiculous post. Brands clearly has the team on a plan to peak at NCAAs instead of hobbling to the finish line like last season. Everyone on the team outside of Warner looks better this year. It's likely Warner is dealing with something and he always brings his A game to NCAAs anyway.
Everyone on the team looks better? Please name one wrestler who is better. Schriever? No! Real? Maybe. Murin? No! Kennedy? No! Nelson? No! Assad? No! Warner? No! Cass? No! Spencer? Yes! He was minus 2 ACL's last year.

Everyone on the team looks better? Please name one wrestler who is better. Schriever? No! Real? Maybe. Murin? No! Kennedy? No! Nelson? No! Assad? No! Warner? No! Cass? No! Spencer? Yes! He was minus 2 ACL's last year.

Lee...yes, Teske...yes, Woods...yes, 149 Murin...yes (looks at his bonus rate), Siebrecht...yes (1st string beats reserve), Kennedy...yes (see Cobe), Brands...hard to tell with so few matches, Assad...even, Warner...no (hopefully his March form shows up, Cass....yes (see bonus rate). 7 out of 10 with an even and a wait and see. Love the positivity you have.

Wow, you're really campaigning hard for that position of President of Negative Thinkers of America!!

Lee...yes, Teske...yes, Woods...yes, 149 Murin...yes (looks at his bonus rate), Siebrecht...yes (1st string beats reserve), Kennedy...yes (see Cobe), Brands...hard to tell with so few matches, Assad...even, Warner...no (hopefully his March form shows up, Cass....yes (see bonus rate). 7 out of 10 with an even and a wait and see. Love the positivity you have.

Bonus rates are always higher at this stage of the season considering some week dual opponents and our big tourney of the year bein the soldier salute.

we were in black. They were in white. ask any fashion consultant. black is slimming and white is fattening.

Speaking of black African Americans tend to look more built I think compared to white guys like most of the Iowa starting lineup.

Speaking of black African Americans tend to look more built I think compared to white guys like most of the Iowa starting lineup.

Most insanely ripped person I've ever met was a black guy that was a sprinter at Iowa.

Dude passed out on my couch. Couldn't stop staring.

Once again, no homo. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: IAROY
Teske goes 4-0 with a kid that's 7-9.

Bo Nickal didn’t look very jacked but was pretty successful.
Neither did Nolf or Dake or Steibler or Smith or Smith and many others, this does not mean they were not stronger then most. Spencer is a perfect example, line him up against many other 125 and he would look like the weaker guy if we did not know him.

Never even thought of that.

I must be one.

Not sure what to tell my wife and kids.
It's called the down low, seriously, you opened yourself up for that one. The most ripped guy I ever saw was some dude who did x,y,z. I cut weight for lifting meets. At my lightest weights I would get insanely ripped due to the low bodyfat and cutting some water weight.
It had next to nothing to do with my strength. It was making weight. You want the heaviest weight possible at your weight class at the leanest possible to maximize muscle power and endurance.

The higher up the food chain you wanna go, the more strength plays a roll. From a youth champion to a middle school, HS, college, and international. The level of strength needed is going to continue to be greater! Some have pointed out wrestlers who did not appear to be strong, but were very strong for their weight classes.

As some have already said. Spencer Lee does not look like the strongest 125, but watch the posted video of him doing some strength type work! It is not a body building contest, and most will not look like a body builder because of the training required.

There is a reason why PEDs are illegal people!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT