ADVERTISEMENT

*****Summer Olympics Thread🏅*****

This Mathias Gidsel is considered one of the greatest handball players of all-time and he’s still young at 25. He just broke the Olympic tournament goal record, Denmark crushing the Germans with 10 minutes left.

This Mathias Gidsel is considered one of the greatest handball players of all-time and he’s still young at 25. He just broke the Olympic tournament goal record, Denmark crushing the Germans with 10 minutes left.
Handball is crazy. Ol' Doodle remembers playing it in gym class back in the day. It was a lot of fun. Too bad it has never caught on in the U.S.

Edited to add...the one thing that is weird about handball is the goalie. In hockey (field and ice) the goalie has extra gear and pads and stuff that regular players don't have. In soccer the goalie is the only player allowed to touch the ball with their hands. But in handball the goalie is......just another player on the court.

Doodle realizes that offense sells tickets...but it is odd that the goalie in handball doesn't have at least SOME kind of slight extra advantage to help them stop shots. Or at least a helmet for chrissakes! After all, no one else on the court is having a relatively hard miniature volleyball ball rocketed at them a hundred times a game from mere feet away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I’m sure the MAGAs will love that all of the white women had their hands over their hearts while none of the black women did for the national anthem.

I'm going to say it. They need Clark here. Our size advantage and them having to respect her range she would carve them up.

Chis: I love you but CC would not be seeing the floor in this game. And she struggles with turnovers. Fail to see how she helps in this game.

Chis: I love you but CC would not be seeing the floor in this game. And she struggles with turnovers. Fail to see how she helps in this game.
Her range, that would open up the paint and more and then she could drive and carve them up. We are turning it over worse than she does. Her range and passing would be important here and vital. But just go out there and win ladies.

Her range, that would open up the paint and more and then she could drive and carve them up. We are turning it over worse than she does. Her range and passing would be important here and vital. But just go out there and win ladies.

CC would have gotten the same minutes as Taurasi has been this tournament. And she would not see the floor in this match.

I get being a homer, but CC would not make a difference in this game.

CC would have gotten the same minutes as Taurasi has been this tournament. And she would not see the floor in this match.

I get being a homer, but CC would not make a difference in this game.
This isn't being a Homer at all this is me watching this specific game. I haven't cared at all prior to this. She'd help TODAY. That's all this is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT