ADVERTISEMENT

*****Summer Olympics Thread🏅*****

France got a gift with the Wilson travel, couldn't cash in, didn't look like they had a plan, settled for a poor 3 pointer that got partially blocked.

Thank god Taurasi got her gold medal by doing absolutely nothing to help the USA squeak by a team they were favored by 20 over. Im sure all 47 people that tuned in are so happy they got to witness history!
To be fair, this probably drew a massive rating overseas with the host playing in the final game of the Olympics.

Reactions: mnole03
I will say how they have allowed the men and women to play without all the ticky-tack calls has been nice to watch
The deference both of our basketball teams got was pretty unique in the tournament.

I laughed when the Serbian coach got a tech and then Lebron yelled at a ref not a minute later to no call. South Sudan got a tech in one of their games for a guy a shaking his head CC style.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Taurasi didn't play in this game, barely saw the court the whole Olympics. Not sure CC would have seen much time, but I'd have liked to have seen CC get the opportunity.

I agree that Clark probably wouldn't have played much, but I think if you're bringing in player who's only playing limited minutes, you pick the 22 year old and not the 42 year old

This is one reason Ol' Doodle isn't overly concerned if China actually does end up with more golds this time around. The plain fact is the Chinese excel more at judged sports while USA excels more at timed/scored sports.

More than 1/3 of China's current gold count (11 out of 31) is from events where a panel of humans gets to decide who was best, including diving, artistic swimming, gymnastics, and freestyle biking. Meanwhile, for Team USA, only 4 out of 30 have come from judged sports...3 from gymnastics and 1 from surfing.
That is interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT