ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Relief On the Way? Supervolcano Possibility In Italy

Last I saw we were second behind China for yearly emissions , but that may have changed.....but historically (i.e. going back to the start of the industrial revolution) the US is way ahead
I’m saying it levels the playing field a bit if we all play by the sand rules

Economically no, and don’t China and India both produce us in CO2
China passed us on daily carbon emissions a few years back, but I don't think India is there yet.

But those comparisons are disingenuous for at least 2 reasons.

1. China and India, each, have over 4 times our population.

2. We are by far the largest historical contributor of carbon and, since CO2 has a half life of ~120 years, the vast majority of the carbon we have added is still causing problems.

By every way you look at it, except the misleading way cons and the fossil energy sector want us to look at it, we are the major offender. I assume we will continue to hold that dubious distinction for a pretty long time, but I have no numbers on that.

China passed us on daily carbon emissions a few years back, but I don't think India is there yet.

But those comparisons are disingenuous for at least 2 reasons.

1. China and India, each, have over 4 times our population.

2. We are by far the largest historical contributor of carbon and, since CO2 has a half life of ~120 years, the vast majority of the carbon we have added is still causing problems.

By every way you look at it, except the misleading way cons and the fossil energy sector want us to look at it, we are the major offender. I assume we will continue to hold that dubious distinction for a pretty long time, but I have no numbers on that.
I’m saying going forward. We all play by the same rules

Went through all the posts so far and no one put this gif on here yet???

winter is coming GIF

No argument from me. But the rules shouldn't be simplistic.

More should be expected from those who are the worst offenders (both currently and historically) and from those whose have been enriched most by the exploitation of fossil energy

Hammer those with then highest velocity of change . We are trying pull back, China and India, nah

But the huga majority of the CO2 already in the atmosphere is due to the US
And? We are doing our part to reign it in. We ask need to do more, but putting more incentives for companies to move from the US seems like a bad idea

And? We are doing our part to reign it in. We ask need to do more, but putting more incentives for companies to move from the US seems like a bad idea

Yet morons in this country are still fighting renewable energy, EV's, etc. are actively fighting the switch...many of those are in power positions in our government right now.

Yet morons in this country are still fighting renewable energy, EV's, etc. are actively fighting the switch...many of those are in power positions in our government right now.
I think when we have nuclear power and infrastructure in place, EVs will make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT