ADVERTISEMENT

Superhero Movies; When will the trend end?

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Disney is overextending this and Star Wars.

At some point, won't these end?

Too much of anything gets tiring eventually.

I am thinking that if this Fantastic Four bombs it might change some things.

Really it's been pretty uneventful since the big Avengers conclusion

I blame it on the Clooney Batman movie sucking. Maybe if that didn't suck, they wouldn't have been in a hurry to do the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. If those movies don't get made, maybe original scripts do and the improved effects and stuff got put to use there and the 2010s wouldn't have been basically a wasted decade in cinema?

Reactions: Moral
When they quit being good. Or, should I say, when they quit making money. And sure, they've not all been good, but for the most part they have been, at least from the Marvel side. DC...well...yeah...

I blame it on the Clooney Batman movie sucking. Maybe if that didn't suck, they wouldn't have been in a hurry to do the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. If those movies don't get made, maybe original scripts do and the improved effects and stuff got put to use there and the 2010s wouldn't have been basically a wasted decade in cinema?

Thank God for Christopher Nolan though.

Inception and Dunkirk were very good

Right, but there have been bombs. The recent Thor movie was not good. I doubt we see another.

How many failures?

That bomb made 3/4 billion $$$. Quantamania made half bil $$$. Like I said, when they quite making money. Being a bomb and making that much, it isn't a bomb.

That bomb made 3/4 billion $$$. Quantamania made half bil $$$. Like I said, when they quite making money. Being a bomb and making that much, it isn't a bomb.
Thor: Love and Thunder had $547 million in expenses.

Some of this is perception. The Final Four films of the 2000's made money but are mostly considered flops.

They are fun popcorn movies and likely the only thing keeping a lot of theaters in business. Like them or hate them they are similar to McDonald's. Everyone says McDonald's sucks and they don't go but they sell a trillion hamburgers a year

I see a new ( well maybe just to me ) Transformers movie in the works. I just remember the Siskel & Ebert guys agree that the original was nothing but garbage and you could get the same sound track if you dumped a drawer of silverware in a metal garbage can and shook it around for 2 hours...

Reactions: GOHOX69
Disney is overextending this and Star Wars.

At some point, won't these end?

Too much of anything gets tiring eventually.

I am thinking that if this Fantastic Four bombs it might change some things.

Really it's been pretty uneventful since the big Avengers conclusion
Never. Look for Star Wars Episode 1 trillion and Top Gun 65,000

It ends when they do this reboot:

the-greatest-american-hero.jpg

Now is the time if any of you have any original scripts you wanna push instead of these bland comic book movies

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT