ADVERTISEMENT

T. J. Otzelberger leaves...Darian DeVries to Iowa State???

That's what they said about Sanderson and Hoiberg.
That’s what “they” said….The NBA was a well know dream if Hoibergs. I believe most knew if that opportunity arise he’d be gone?

I’m embarrassed to admit I have no clue who Sanderson is….🤷‍♂️

Houston? Iowa State just destroyed them ,beat them twice this year. No way they are a 1 over Iowa State. Purdue either. They just lost to an average team. ISU jumps them both imo.
NC hasn't won yet tonight either. Up 40-39 at half.
If they lose ISU jumps them too.

I’d love it but you’re crazy. Purdue and Houston had objectively better seasons.

TJ is going to be at ISU for the next 40 years. Makes 3.5 M now, will likely get a hefty boost after this year, and he is in his dream job. Devries is moving on this year, so Iowa better get off the pot if they truly want him.
Regardless of what he says to appease the fan base……living in that sh!thole LAmes is no one’s dream job.

TJ would be insane not to leave a school outside of the B1G or SEC now. The disparity of pay will only become more massive as less and less schools like ISU will be able to afford top notch coaches. May be hard to see now, for some, but this transitional period where the Big 2 separate themselves further seemingly by the day will create huge power vacuums of the best coaches coming into our leagues. The other schools on the outside will further struggle to pay. It's hard when a school makes 35-75 million a year in total athletic revenue, in the future this will be much lower, as opposed to that only being 25% of the budget here. Good luck paying coaches enough in the future at places like ISU. People will disagree but it's already happening. ISU must get into one of the Big 2 conferences within the next 7 years...or else.

So yeah, TJ would be a fool not to leave for a better job relatively quickly.

TJ is going to be at ISU for the next 40 years. Makes 3.5 M now, will likely get a hefty boost after this year, and he is in his dream job. Devries is moving on this year, so Iowa better get off the pot if they truly want him.
Please...3.5 million will be chump change soon and you're assuming you all get another lowly network contract in 7 years to pay for that soon to be measly wage. Very soon, unless you guys move conferences, the athletic budget will dwarf. How will you guys pay for more raises?

I distinctly remember your own AD pleading to anyone who would listen about how schools like ISU would die in the new format of college athletics and ISU couldn't afford to continue at a competitive level. Once you all got that measly contract, all of a sudden, all the problems go away? I got news for you, enjoy these last few years because nobody is paying B12 teams anything more than this contract. You have 7 years or whatever it is to find a new home...good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: Cydkar
Cydkar, I feel bad for you all, I really do. I know it's too far in the future and you're likely in denial but, unfortunately, it's the way it will be. Laugh it off, like you all did when you were saved by that paltry media deal this go around. Who will save you next time?

Can't compete without money, especially a disparity of 50 million as opposed to 300 million yearly (that will only rise). We'll be able to pay TJ 10 million a year with raises. You sure 3.5 - 4.5 million maxed out in a decade will keep him around, especially when everything else at the school is crumbling? How can you afford 10-15 million annually to keep your football coach and basketball coach with a budget of 35-50 million yearly? Can we say budget cuts?

• Haha
Reactions: Cydkar and shudaddy
40 years? The man is 46 years old.

So dumb. Toughest league in the country and beat the number 2 overall seed twice. What does it matter about their non con. Most metrics had them top 4-5 and they get basically 8? Ridiculous. Committee was terrible this year.
Agreed, non con schedule should be considered irrelevant at that point.

They're just blindly following rules that don't make sense.

Reactions: littlez
TJO has now built credibility as to withstand, say, 2-3 bad years at ISU.

He wouldn't have that buffer at Michigan or tOSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT