ADVERTISEMENT

Taco Pizza

Wait, are you saying it has lettuce, tomato, doritos??? I thought that was a joke. When I saw "taco pizza" I assumed it was a normal pizza with ground beef topping, but the ground beef had been cooked with taco seasoning.

I love tacos, and I love pizza. But not together. I also love Frosted Flakes, but I don't want Tony the Tiger cooking my damn pizza.
Taco pizza is the GOAT pizza for me. If you haven't tried it, you need to at least once.

Reactions: WisestIowan
This is my only exposure to taco pizza:

22604_4._mexican_pizza_combo_269x269.jpg

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Cedar Rapids has 3, one dine-in and two carry-out/delivery only.
Embarrassment of riches. I also have maintained that a building hosting a Happy Joe's and a Whitey's would crush it. Especially in Ankeny. However, I have heard that the franchising fees for Happy Joe's are outrageous, and that is why you don't see more of them.

Taco pizza is disgusting.

I could eat tacos... or I could put it on pizza crust and add soggy tortilla chips and whatever the hell that disgusting orange taco sauce is (seriously...why do ppl eat that stuff??).

This must be a midwest thing, like cinnamon buns with chili weird type shit. I've seen it on the chain menus up your way, but for the life of me, can't convince anyone east of the missip that it's a real thing, friends and chains included. They look or talk on the phone like I'm an alien.

I've had it, and it's legit when in the mood. So how do I order it or explain it to the non-believers that don't think it's a thing?
Just realized I've never tasted it. Always thought it sounded good, but never got around to ordering it. Now I only eat pizza once a year or so, and don't want to waste the splurge on something new.

This

The chips and lettuce on the taco pizza does not keep so it has to be eaten fresh. I also agree that I like Godfathers better because refried beans on a pizza is disgusting.

Yep.

Tacos don't have beans on them. I mean they can, but to me that makes it a half ass burrito.

Put refried beans on a pizza, it should then be called burrito pizza.

Taco pizza is disgusting.

I could eat tacos... or I could put it on pizza crust and add soggy tortilla chips and whatever the hell that disgusting orange taco sauce is (seriously...why do ppl eat that stuff??).

You should probably move out of the Midwest. I'm concerned for your safety

This must be a midwest thing, like cinnamon buns with chili weird type shit. I've seen it on the chain menus up your way, but for the life of me, can't convince anyone east of the missip that it's a real thing, friends and chains included. They look or talk on the phone like I'm an alien.

I've had it, and it's legit when in the mood. So how do I order it or explain it to the non-believers that don't think it's a thing?
Taco pizza should be its own food group.

My mind was blown yesterday when a friend told me she orders taco pizza with the toppings ON THE SIDE.

This changes everything. I love taco pizza but left over taco pizza is terrible. This solves the issue.

Reactions: HawCory
My mind was blown yesterday when a friend told me she orders taco pizza with the toppings ON THE SIDE. This changes everything. I love taco pizza but left over taco pizza is terrible. This solves the issue.

This is how Happy Joes ships their taco pizza,.. makes sense, not sure how else you would do it...

This is how Happy Joes ships their taco pizza,.. makes sense, not sure how else you would do it...
My sister(no pics) used to have a couple shipped from Davenport down to Scottsdale every year, which I always thought was weird as hell. She swears they turn out just fine.

I'm told there is a Happy Joe's somewhere in the Phoenix area now, though, so I assume she just buys local now.

I always preferred Happy Joes Canadian Bacon with Saurkraut. It is the food of the gods. A;so a Happy Joes invention, from back in the 1970's

I've always thought Godfathers was the best, mainly because no refried beans on it. They have an actual taco sauce instead of normal pizza sauce, then beef. The cheese is a mix of cheddar and mozza...then it goes in the oven.

Basically, a beef pizza with different sauce up until you put the taco toppings on it once pulled from the oven.

Pull it, then lettuce/tomatoes/onions, more cheddar cheese - then the taco chips crushed up (me personally, I detest taco ships on them). Served with a packet of taco sauce Taco Bell style for each piece.

I remember in the early 80's, it was like a gift from pizza heaven when eaten right out of the oven. It really hasn't changed since when it was introduced in the late 70's (when I worked there as a 17 year old).

Used to get them quite often, but nowadays finding a Godfather's you can actually sit in and eat is becoming hard to find - and I've always thought taco pizza doesn't deliver all that well. Like someone said...taco pizza once cold, you can't re-heat it really.

just had it this week, godfathers taco pizza is the best I have had.

Taco pizza is great if done well. Taking a hamburger pizza and pouring a bag of Doritos on it is not doing it well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT