ADVERTISEMENT

"Take Down Homelessness" - Dinner for Four with an Iowa Wrestler

Interesting wrinkle in the University of Illinois wrestlers' profile. Click on the dollar sign ($) and you will be directed to a menu of wrestler endorsement options ( I've attached for Lucas Byrd); "opendorse" website. Endorsements options which include a 'price tag' for the profiled wrestler. Links are included with each individual wrestler/University of Illinois/roster. Anybody? I did click on link "Discover athletes" and web site is loaded with athletes/NCAA schools. It all seems new to me.
https://opendorse.com/profile/lucas-byrd

Last edited:
Interesting wrinkle in the University of Illinois wrestlers' profile. Click on the dollar sign ($) and you will be directed to a menu of wrestler endorsement options ( I've attached for Lucas Byrd); "opendorse" website. Endorsements options which include a 'price tag' for the profiled wrestler. Links are included with each individual wrestler/University of Illinois/roster. Anybody? I did click on link "Discover athletes" and web site is loaded with athletes/NCAA schools. It all seems new to me.
https://opendorse.com/profile/lucas-byrd
For a Hondo SL will post on your Facebook page...
Spencer Lee's Page

Reactions: natchrlman
What is their actual plan "to take down homelessness"? Good intentions I'm sure.
It's just a cute tagline, but actually Shelter House has been extremely successful. You will never eliminate homelessness, but they have proven to save money for the Iowa City Police, the UIHC ER and other mental health services by cutting down on repeat visits and encounters. Homelessness costs all taxpayers more than you realize. Every time you find housing and employment for someone, the savings far exceed the cost. Shelter House annually receives generous grants from the State of Iowa, Johnson County and Iowa City because they have demonstrated to them the cost-benefit ratio.

You can read about them here: Shelter House Iowa City

How can we bid on these if we don't know which restaurants we'll be eating at.?!?

Also Shelter House does great work in the Iowa City community.

How can we bid on these if we don't know which restaurants we'll be eating at.?!?

Also Shelter House does great work in the Iowa City community.
Bid high and you get Casey's pizza, bid low and it's 7-11 microwave sandwich.

Love to see them doing this, hopefully it raises some good money for Shelter House. I just wish they would have paired a wrestler/coach with a Cesspool legend. Like dinner with Spencer and Spooner. That should double the bids and fun.

The bidding has started. Looks like dinner with Spencer or Murin are the hot tickets. Does anyone have a bid in? Brands is going for cheap!

The bidding has started. Looks like dinner with Spencer or Murin are the hot tickets. Does anyone have a bid in? Brands is going for cheap!

If I was near Iowa I would bid on Tony...nobody could blame me if he didn't make weight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT