ADVERTISEMENT

1st grades of the new season YEA BOY!!!

You're right and I still will. Who do you think teaches our special forces the skills needed in hand to hand combat? Boxers? Wrestlers? No - martial arts experts. And your lack of knowledge shows again - they are called "players." "Skill only gets you so far." You assume brute strength against supreme skills in breaking bones, dislocating joints, and choking the life out of someone is the better option. All of which can be done from a defensive position. And it's you that makes absurd statements like Rogan beating a lineman in his 80's. Then you can't understand why people call you out. Just remember - all of this started with you picking a fight over a comment made about an announcer being a good listen and I compared it to Rogan.

Again ducking the question. At what point does age, size, and strength become an overwhelming factor?

You agree it's absurd to state an 80 year old Joe would beat NFL lineman. I think it's absurd to state a 56 year old Joe would beat most lineman. So you've acknowledged age matters. You haven't yet acknowledged that size and strength matters.

He trains and rolls with the best every f'n day. And if you don't think high level jui jitsu players can't disable and kill you in multiple ways then you just aren't very bright.

I don't think there was anyone here who came out and said directly that yes Rogan could take out all but 50 untrained people in this world. Rogan may have said that and I don't care. When someone states with absoluteness (in a highly dicklike manner) that a highly trained jui jitsu player would be incapable of taking out any NFL defensive lineman because he is smaller and older, that was where everything got unhinged.
I’m a Joe Rogan fan. He’s entertaining to listen to. I bet I’ve listened to 500 of his podcast over the years, the first few sober Octobers were my favorites.

That said, Joe Rogan has been a victim of speaking in hyperbole. I believe that’s what he has done here. I do think he could beat many d lineman in a street fight. Jui jitsu does level the playing field, but if you have ever practiced it, you’d know that strength is a big factor in countering it. Not to mention that it’s a street fight. Rogan is like 5’7. That’s gonna hurt him in a street fight. When one of those big d lineman get a hold of him he will have trouble locking something up.

Again this convo is silly, but it’s certainly better than a lot on here.

I’m a Joe Rogan fan. He’s entertaining to listen to. I bet I’ve listened to 500 of his podcast over the years, the first few sober Octobers were my favorites.

That said, Joe Rogan has been a victim of speaking in hyperbole. I believe that’s what he has done here. I do think he could beat many d lineman in a street fight. Jui jitsu does level the playing field, but if you have ever practiced it, you’d know that strength is a big factor in countering it. Not to mention that it’s a street fight. Rogan is like 5’7. That’s gonna hurt him in a street fight. When one of those big d lineman get a hold of him he will have trouble locking something up.

Again this convo is silly, but it’s certainly better than a lot on here.

Exactly. The better argument in defense of Joe would be that he was being hyperbolic or even that he wouldn't consider NFL defensive lineman "untrained".

But @ChiPackHawk goes all in defending Joe and insisting he could beat every NFL player at 56 years old in a fight to the death because he knows submissions. 😆

After listening to the recent podcast interview of Ferrari, I would say yes. He seemed very confident he could go 149, so I will believe him. He seemed very determined to be in the line uand a national champion in 2024. Thought he may take a redshirt, but now I think when he’s eligible he’s going all in to beat out VV for 149. Not sure if VV has any way to redshirt this year? Otherwise he may have to ride pine this year and try to win the spot again next year when Ferrari bumps to 157. Does anyone think VV couhave kept his starting spot at okst??
I hate to inject any discussion of wrestling into the thread and take it off-topic, but,

Based on the podcast you're right, he seems to want to beat VV for the starting position and win a NC. They were in the same room at OKST, right? If so, he already knows who wins that contest, and like you said he sounded very confident. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: Trapper85
Exactly. The better argument in defense of Joe would be that he was being hyperbolic or even that he wouldn't consider NFL defensive lineman "untrained".

But @ChiPackHawk goes all in defending Joe and insisting he could beat every NFL player at 56 years old in a fight to the death because he knows submissions. 😆
I never said he could beat everyone and you know it. You in fact said he couldn't beat any of them. You're not only delusional but a flat out liar.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
You think a BJJ black belt beats any untrained man regardless of size, strength, and age differences? That is simply ignorance to reality.

At what point does size, strength, and age become a factor? Will Joe still beat them when he's 70? 80?

Would you take Spencer Lee who's 3 decades younger than Joe in a fight vs NFL defensive lineman?

Could Joe possibly beat an NFL defensive lineman? Sure, there's a small possibility. I'm certainly not betting on it. Not in a fight to the death. I don't think you grasp how small and weak Joe is compared to those guys.
I believe a Gracie once said you lose 10 percent a decade. Don't quote me on this.

You guys are the internet dork white guy version of this:

coming-to-america.jpg

I never said he could beat everyone and you know it. You in fact said he couldn't beat any of them. You're not only delusional but a flat out liar.

"Whatever - I'll take a jui jitsu black belt and a trained competitve kick boxer in most any match against the untrained."

You keep ducking the question. At what point does age, size, and strength become a factor.

Your claim is that a 56 year old Joe Rogan who is dwarfed by every single NFL defensive lineman would beat most of them in a 1v1 death match.

That's delusional.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT