ADVERTISEMENT

1st grades of the new season YEA BOY!!!

Rogan isn't fat or slow.
Dude is in great shape and trains a lot.
His striking is pretty damn good and then add his BJJ skills.
BJJ is a neutralizer in a lot of fights, especially a street fight.
You are trying to be rational with someone who is not rational. Trained killers are taught to do one thing first in hand to hand combat and that is to break something, a finger, anything. After that happens the party is over if going against someone who knows what to do next. He has proven over and over again that he does not deal in reality. It's why censorship is a bad idea - let the delusional be exposed.

• Haha
Reactions: IRONBIRD
Brother, it's pure entertainment as we wait for the real wrestling season to kick off. That was a nice event in Cali, but there's still not much to talk about other than what's going to happen or not happen tomorrow. :)
Critiquing Joe Rogan's body.

This is what we have become.
No just really someone pointing out to someone else that his stated facts are a bit askew - again.

Yes, a man who said that Rhonda Rousey could beat men in the UFC and who has the hubris to claim he could beat all but maybe 50 untrained men worldwide (as a 55 year old small man himself), deserves criticism in regards to his martial arts knowledge and ego.

He's a decent commentator, but not without flaws and valid criticism.

Why is calling out his absurd statements so contentious to you and others?
You understand you were the one who picked this fight, correct? I made one positive comment about an announcer comparing him to Rogan as an announcer. Which in fact Rogan is very knowledgeable. Nothing else about him was said at the time. I never said he was perfect or anything else. You chose to be the dick and then proceeded to become a dick to anyone with a different opinion than yours. Of which a number of your opinions are flat out wrong. F'n grow up.

FYI - Rogan did say he was wrong, by the way. You should try it.

Hello old friends, it's been awhile.
giphy.gif

Ok, now take that scenario and say that the 118 lb AA is now 55 years old, hasn't competed in 30 years, and is in a fight to the death against the strongest, biggest, and most athletic men in the world who are in their athletic prime.

Honestly shocking the argument you guys are making as people who purport to understand the sport of wrestling/martial arts. An extreme level of naivety. Life isn't a movie and this isn't the WWE.
Umm, I was making then point about those trained to fight which wrestlers certainly are! I am not backing this guy as I have no idea what kind of fighter he is? It was your statement about a big Football player that I was referring to.

I have seen many times, smaller wrestlers take out much bigger guys. I have also seen some of the biggest, strongest guys. Go into some kind of fighting competitions an not fair well. One who comes to mind is Mariusz Pudzianowski. If ever there was a guy who you would not want to fight, I would say it would be him!!!

Talk about freak!!! But his fighting skills and results were not what you might think. Again , I do not follow this guy so I do not have any idea about him. I would also bet against him if what he said was now when he is in his 50s, but I am guessing he may have been exaggerating a bit.

You can clearly see at least 4 abs. Looks more like HGH/Roid gut to me. If you think that's fat, then you obviously have some problems of your own. I feel bad for you, body dysmorphia is a bitch.

(To be clear, I absolutely agree that there's no way Rogan beats all but 50 untrained people in the world, but the way you go about arguing with people whose* opinions differ from yours is absolutely unacceptable. And he's not freaking fat.)

Edit: grammar

He himself acknowledged that he was fat in that picture and he lost weight and looked much healthier and not fat shortly after that. No idea if he's fat today or not.

Certainly some HGH/Roid gut which is internal organs being overgrown which I'd imagine isn't healthy.

There's nothing "absolutely unacceptable" about calling out people who are delusional about facts. This began with me pointing out how absurd it was for Rogan to claim Rhonda Rousey could beat UFC men. Chipack claimed that he was only talking about Floyd Mayweather. I corrected him with the facts.

You are trying to be rational with someone who is not rational. Trained killers are taught to do one thing first in hand to hand combat and that is to break something, a finger, anything. After that happens the party is over if going against someone who knows what to do next. He has proven over and over again that he does not deal in reality. It's why censorship is a bad idea - let the delusional be exposed.

Joe Rogan isn't a trained killer. He hasn't competed or experienced any combat in at least 3 decades. And he certainly has never experienced combat against a man double his size and triple his strength.

Reactions: el dub
Joe Rogan isn't a trained killer. He hasn't competed or experienced any combat in at least 3 decades. And he certainly has never experienced combat against a man double his size and triple his strength.
It's odd that you think you know so much about what Joe Rogan does and does not do.
I guarantee you don't know who he trains with and how they train.
Just because someone isn't on a fight card doesn't mean they aren't competing where they train.

Reactions: todiebyyourside
It's odd that you think you know so much about what Joe Rogan does and does not do.
I guarantee you don't know who he trains with and how they train.
Just because someone isn't on a fight card doesn't mean they aren't competing where they train.

You know what, you're right. That's an outstanding point. I change my mind. Joe Rogan could beat all but 50 untrained men worldwide in an 1v1 fist fight to the death.

50 is conservative even. 20 is probably the more realistic number.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Critiquing Joe Rogan's body.

This is what we have become.

@SPOONER you be the judge. You taking the over or under of 50 as the number of untrained men worldwide who could take Joe in a fight?

I was big over, but after the impeccable reasoning and arguments presented by the cesspool faithful, I'm now taking the under. Bet the house.

@SPOONER you be the judge. You taking the over or under of 50 as the number of untrained men worldwide who could take Joe in a fight?

I was big over, but after the impeccable reasoning and arguments presented by the cesspool faithful, I'm now taking the under. Bet the house.
Bro, just stop. This is getting pathetic.

Bro, just stop. This is getting pathetic.
Why should he stop? He’s flipping right!! This whole thing is pretty dumb but there are definitely more than 50 untrained men in the world that can beat Joe Rogan up. I mean he’s like 55. He’s a step slower than he used to be and 50 is a super small number.

It’s pretty silly to think otherwise. Imo.

You know what, you're right. That's an outstanding point. I change my mind. Joe Rogan could beat all but 50 untrained men worldwide in an 1v1 fist fight to the death.

50 is conservative even. 20 is probably the more realistic number.
Not saying he could beat 50 dudes in a fight.
I even said you had a valid argument an earlier post.
But you come back with fat, slow, hasn't had a combat fight in 3 decades.
You talk out of your ass most the time.
You don't know how he trains and he is not fat or slow from what I've seen.
The guy is actually pretty strong and in shape.

Yeah, this is pathetic. Not the 5 people who have adamantly defended the idea that Joe Rogan could beat all but 50 untrained men. 😂

I have fun with this stuff. Just waiting to hear the outcome of the gambling suspensions.
You have become annoying. Not sure if I just never noticed before or it’s something new. You should post less.

Not saying he could beat 50 dudes in a fight.
I even said you had a valid argument an earlier post.
But you come back with fat, slow, hasn't had a combat fight in 3 decades.
You talk out of your ass most the time.
You don't know how he trains and he is not fat or slow from what I've seen.
The guy is actually pretty strong and in shape.

I've never disputed that he's strong and in shape for a 55 year old man. The premise was how he would fare vs a peak male in their prime however. E.g. NFL defensive lineman who have no MMA experience. He is absolutely slow and weak compared to them. He was fat (he self admitted this), but apparently has lost weight since. Not sure if he's fat again or not.

This isn't "talking out of my ass". These are facts.

Why should he stop? He’s flipping right!! This whole thing is pretty dumb but there are definitely more than 50 untrained men in the world that can beat Joe Rogan up. I mean he’s like 55. He’s a step slower than he used to be and 50 is a super small number.

Oh for shits sake 86, you too?! C’mon man!

• Haha
Reactions: HawkFan1986
Oh for shits sake 86, you too?! C’mon man!
Well hell yeah. I like Rogan, he’s awesome. But he’s 50 plus years old. I think he can kick a lot of people’s ass but you’re seriously telling me there isn’t 51 untrained men in the world that could beat him in a street fight. Come on now. Haha.

Btw this is the silliest/dumbest thing I’ve ever been a part of in my time as a member of this site.

I've never disputed that he's strong and in shape for a 55 year old man. The premise was how he would fare vs a peak male in their prime however. E.g. NFL defensive lineman who have no MMA experience. He is absolutely slow and weak compared to them. He was fat (he self admitted this), but apparently has lost weight since. Not sure if he's fat again or not.

This isn't "talking out of my ass". These are facts.
This tangent attacking Joe Rogan isn't really a surprise. Joe Rogan speaks outside the government/big tech speech monopoly, and is therefore a target of the left, much like Elon Musk. It's sad that the left has abandoned free speech, as they used to be its champion. I guess when the government controlled speech matches the speech you agree with, it's too tempting an opportunity to pass up.

This tangent attacking Joe Rogan isn't really a surprise. Joe Rogan speaks outside the government/big tech speech monopoly, and is therefore a target of the left, much like Elon Musk. It's sad that the left has abandoned free speech, as they used to be its champion. I guess when the government controlled speech matches the speech you agree with, it's too tempting an opportunity to pass up.

Wtf does any of this conversation have to do with politics or free speech?

The thing that isn't really a surprise is that a criticism of Joe Rogan's MMA analysis and knowledge has led to people such as yourself coming out of the woodwork to defend him and cry political tribalism.

Do you think Joe's hubris is out of control when he says he could most likely beat all but 50 untrained men worldwide and his MMA knowledge is questionable when he says Rhonda Rousey could beat male UFC fighters? You can like Joe, but still think those statements are absurd and a knock against his credibility. He owned the Rhonda Rousey one, so I'll give him a little break there.

How do you give 149 an A, though he was amazing at riding an unranked opponent, and our backups at 174-285 a B? I would give the backups an A because all four of them teched their opponents, and then give VV a C for his riding ability. Aside from riding I didn't see anything. Did he actually take a shot? Not a head fake but an actual shot? Clearly the coaches know what's best for our team, but what I saw at 49 last night will likely net us 0-1 points in March. Any chance a Ferrari slides in at this weight?
After listening to the recent podcast interview of Ferrari, I would say yes. He seemed very confident he could go 149, so I will believe him. He seemed very determined to be in the line uand a national champion in 2024. Thought he may take a redshirt, but now I think when he’s eligible he’s going all in to beat out VV for 149. Not sure if VV has any way to redshirt this year? Otherwise he may have to ride pine this year and try to win the spot again next year when Ferrari bumps to 157. Does anyone think VV couhave kept his starting spot at okst??

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye

This whole argument sounds like a pissing match between 3rd grade boys. This thread was humming right along talking wrestling, then whamo, derailed by Joe Rogan 🤡

He trains and rolls with the best every f'n day. And if you don't think high level jui jitsu players can't disable and kill you in multiple ways then you just aren't very bright.
Well hell yeah. I like Rogan, he’s awesome. But he’s 50 plus years old. I think he can kick a lot of people’s ass but you’re seriously telling me there isn’t 51 untrained men in the world that could beat him in a street fight. Come on now. Haha.

Btw this is the silliest/dumbest thing I’ve ever been a part of in my time as a member of this site.
I don't think there was anyone here who came out and said directly that yes Rogan could take out all but 50 untrained people in this world. Rogan may have said that and I don't care. When someone states with absoluteness (in a highly dicklike manner) that a highly trained jui jitsu player would be incapable of taking out any NFL defensive lineman because he is smaller and older, that was where everything got unhinged.

He trains and rolls with the best every f'n day. And if you don't think high level jui jitsu players can't disable and kill you in multiple ways then you just aren't very bright.

I don't think there was anyone here who came out and said directly that yes Rogan could take out all but 50 untrained people in this world. Rogan may have said that and I don't care. When someone states with absoluteness (in a highly dicklike manner) that a highly trained jui jitsu player would be incapable of taking out any NFL defensive lineman because he is smaller and older, that was where everything got unhinged.

You think a BJJ black belt beats any untrained man regardless of size, strength, and age differences? That is simply ignorance to reality.

At what point does size, strength, and age become a factor? Will Joe still beat them when he's 70? 80?

Would you take Spencer Lee who's 3 decades younger than Joe in a fight vs NFL defensive lineman?

Could Joe possibly beat an NFL defensive lineman? Sure, there's a small possibility. I'm certainly not betting on it. Not in a fight to the death. I don't think you grasp how small and weak Joe is compared to those guys.

You think a BJJ black belt beats any untrained man regardless of size, strength, and age differences? That is simply ignorance to reality.

At what point does size, strength, and age become a factor? Will Joe still beat them when he's 70? 80?

Would you take Spencer Lee who's 3 decades younger than Joe in a fight vs NFL defensive lineman?

Could Joe possibly beat an NFL defensive lineman? Sure, there's a small possibility. I'm certainly not betting on it. Not in a fight to the death. I don't think you grasp how small and weak Joe is compared to those guys.
Ha! You beat me to it! Lol

I never once said any such person could beat every person. You did. I simply stated a highly trained jui jitsu player (which Rogan is) would be a problem for anyone. And it's not a small possibility. You obvioulsy have no idea what types of submissions and absolutely lethal holds they know. You think they are going to try and get into a fist fight or old school wrestle with someone like that? They would encourage aggression. Learn the sport.

I never once said any such person could beat every person. You did. I simply stated a highly trained jui jitsu player (which Rogan is) would be a problem for anyone. And it's not a small possibility. You obvioulsy have no idea what types of submissions and absolutely lethal holds they know. You think they are going to try and get into a fist fight or old school wrestle with someone like that? They would encourage aggression. Learn the sport.

It's not "playing", it's a hypothetical death match. Skill only gets you so far. Pure physical size and strength matters. Again, you ducked the question of at what point does size, strength, and age matter. By your logic, Joe beats NFL lineman even when he's 80, because he knows submissions. 🙄.

This entire conversation originated with my criticism of Joe's hubris and faulty MMA knowledge when he claimed he could beat all but 50 untrained men worldwide. That's an insane claim. You responded to that comment with, "Whatever - I'll take a jui jitsu black belt and a trained competitive kick boxer in most any match against the untrained."

It's not "playing", it's a hypothetical death match. Skill only gets you so far. Pure physical size and strength matters. Again, you ducked the question of at what point does size, strength, and age matter. By your logic, Joe beats NFL lineman even when he's 80, because he knows submissions. 🙄.

This entire conversation originated with my criticism of Joe's hubris and faulty MMA knowledge when he claimed he could beat all but 50 untrained men worldwide. That's an insane claim. You responded to that comment with, "Whatever - I'll take a jui jitsu black belt and a trained competitive kick boxer in most any match against the untrained."
You're right and I still will. Who do you think teaches our special forces the skills needed in hand to hand combat? Boxers? Wrestlers? No - martial arts experts. And your lack of knowledge shows again - they are called "players." "Skill only gets you so far." You assume brute strength against supreme skills in breaking bones, dislocating joints, and choking the life out of someone is the better option. All of which can be done from a defensive position. And it's you that makes absurd statements like Rogan beating a lineman in his 80's. Then you can't understand why people call you out. Just remember - all of this started with you picking a fight over a comment made about an announcer being a good listen and I compared it to Rogan.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT