ADVERTISEMENT

1st grades of the new season YEA BOY!!!

In honor of Gobblin and opening day I will share a couple things I've heard. We should have a few more guys than usual at the open next weekend. AJ was recently in the room again for a few days. He isn't rusty to say the least. He's freaking good. I was told his brother has made 149 also. I don't have any insight on eligibility for anyone. Caliendo and Franek are fitting right in and doing great.

This was posted in page 2 of the Gobblin thread.
How about a triple Ferrari signing this Wednesday.

How do you give 149 an A, though he was amazing at riding an unranked opponent, and our backups at 174-285 a B? I would give the backups an A because all four of them teched their opponents, and then give VV a C for his riding ability. Aside from riding I didn't see anything. Did he actually take a shot? Not a head fake but an actual shot? Clearly the coaches know what's best for our team, but what I saw at 49 last night will likely net us 0-1 points in March. Any chance a Ferrari slides in at this weight?
AGAIN, what I saw was some things that we have not had in a while. Triple V 3 is a house at 149! He road LEGS, when was the last guy we had? Eriaman kinda, but was more of his crazy funk style then the typical style that V showed.

For THOSE reasons, as I said, to me, it brings something extra to the table that we desperately need! We need STRONGER wrestlers! We need more diverse wrestlers. NOT saying get away from what we do. Saying ADD to it and show a willingness to move forward!!!
can't believe you guys let the bird get in your heads, the only really different one was v 3
I am in EVERYONES head!!! I don't even post anywhere else but from what I hear, I am famous on other boards TOOOO!
In honor of Gobblin and opening day I will share a couple things I've heard. We should have a few more guys than usual at the open next weekend. AJ was recently in the room again for a few days. He isn't rusty to say the least. He's freaking good. I was told his brother has made 149 also. I don't have any insight on eligibility for anyone. Caliendo and Franek are fitting right in and doing great.

This was posted in page 2 of the Gobblin thread.
Best thing I have read on here in months!!! TY
ironbird picking the only guy who didn't score a takedown as his favorite guy is why he's the best poster on here. masterclass.
TY, lets see how it plays out?

I'd say he's soooo starved for attention. Thinking VV bring something different to the table. Like we haven't had slow strong plodding defensive wrestlers before. Who'd a thunk?

125 Spencer Lee - uh sorry it will take me some time to get use to not having him!

125 Ayala Did a very nice job. Got caught on a funk roll on a very nice and deep shot giving up 1st take down. kept coming entire match and poured it on in third for major B+

133 Teske Workman like performance, showed some good D and scramble to avoid giving up a TD early in 1st B

141 Woods total domination. Loved the quick shot TD. Get to work on TOP reminds me of someone??? A+

149 TRIPLE V 3 This guy was my favorite of the night!!!! Boy does he bring a lot to the table for the HAWKS! Both guys seemed real big for the weight, but Triple V showed some impressive power. I also like the LEG RIDING!!! Please coaches, don't mess with it and have him work with others to learn it! A

157 Fanek, not sure how I forgot about this guy in other thread!?!?!? Must have ben drinking TOOO much that night? Anyway he is a real TUFF SOB!!! A

165 Calends Just wanna say if Kennedy has a shirt to use, then hopefully he uses it because both guys are real good and would hate to see one lose a year. His re-shots were awesome! A

174 Riggins did a nice job hopefully filling in till Brands get back B

184 Swafford also did a nice job, would have like to see him get the stick but again nice solid job and hopefully we get all our guys back into line B

197 Glazier See the TOOO above and add that hopefully we have help on they way! B

Heavy Hill see above B

NOTES: Nice job by CBU!!! 1) the stream was excellent, 2)announcing was good, 3) looked like a good venue and good crowd. Hats off!!!

I only saw one Brands?
Only one ref.? Thought he did a good job.
Sorry CBU but your colors uniforms logo kinda suck! Took me a while to even figure out what in hell that was on the mat.

The THREE is going to take some time to get use to!
To add to your grades - I thought the announcer was excellent. Kind of reminded me of Joe Rogan when he gives accurate insight on what move(s) should come next. And he did it without being obnoxious about it all.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
To add to your grades - I thought the announcer was excellent. Kind of reminded me of Joe Rogan when he gives accurate insight on what move(s) should come next. And he did it without being obnoxious about it all.
Mike Mal is great, I always liked him when he was on Flo. I thought his technique breakdown videos were really good. He also did great interviews with Barry Davis and Royce Alger if you get a chance to watch them.

Seemed like VV was struggling to find an opportunity to score a takedown and maybe knew he was going to be able ride the hell out of the guy. He hit a nice fireman carry but got a bit too deep and wasn't able to finish it. He definitely has work to do on his scoring offense from his feet, but I'm not ready to write him off yet. He's going to keep improving and his leg riding was very effective. He was working the guy over pretty good from the top.

Mike Mal is awesome. Puts out a ton of content. Wrestled for OSU, was a good coach in Jersey (Cassar's coach I think?), and then was at Flo for a while. He has a huge technique library on there.

Now, I think he's the coach at Poway. Seems like a really good dude and nobody loves the sport more than him.

Mike Mal is awesome. Puts out a ton of content. Wrestled for OSU, was a good coach in Jersey (Cassar's coach I think?), and then was at Flo for a while. He has a huge technique library on there.

Now, I think he's the coach at Poway. Seems like a really good dude and nobody loves the sport more than him.

He has been really good. However, someone may want to explain the new stalling rules to him. He was consistently confused by stalling calls.

Joe Rogan? Is he the guy who thought Rhonda Rousey could beat male UFC fighters?

Reactions: el dub
Rogan's knowledge and martial arts abilities are legit. He made the comment about Rousey getting her hands on Floyd Mayweather.

Wrong.

He's also said (seriously) that only around 50 untrained people on the entire planet could beat him in a fight to the death. 🤣

Insane hubris and pure ignorance to the athletic, strength, size, and age disadvantage that he has against tens of millions of men across the planet. I'm taking every single NFL defensive lineman over a 50+ year old Joe Rogan in a fight regardless if they have any MMA training or not.

Wrong.

He's also said (seriously) that only around 50 untrained people on the entire planet could beat him in a fight to the death. 🤣

Insane hubris and pure ignorance to the athletic, strength, size, and age disadvantage that he has against tens of millions of men across the planet. I'm taking every single NFL defensive lineman over a 50+ year old Joe Rogan in a fight regardless if they have any MMA training or not.
Whatever - I'll take a jui jitsu black belt and a trained competitve kick boxer in most any match against the untrained. Just remember in a street fight you can't tap out when you get put into an arm bar or any other move that snaps joints and bones or chokes the life out of you. First rule of such a fight is to break something. Just what the F do you think a black belt would do to someone with no rules? I'm sure he has offended you at some point so absolutely nothing he says carries any weight. Not like you have never said anything stupid. He at least admitted it. You do you.

Whatever - I'll take a jui jitsu black belt and a trained competitve kick boxer in most any match against the untrained. Just remember in a street fight you can't tap out when you get put into an arm bar or any other move that snaps joints and bones or chokes the life out of you. First rule of such a fight is to break something. Just what the F do you think a black belt would do to someone with no rules? I'm sure he has offended you at some point so absolutely nothing he says carries any weight. Not like you have never said anything stupid. He at least admitted it. You do you.

If you think Joe Rogan beats all but 50 men untrained men worldwide in a fight to the death you're delusional / childishly naive.

He hasn't competed in kickboxing in over 30 years. If I'm not mistaken he competed as a teenager or maybe early 20s at the latest.

He's 5'6", fat, slow, 56 years old, and on a shitload of HGH/Testosterone.

He'd be lucky to beat any D lineman in the NFL.

This is a reality.

Last edited:
If you think Joe Rogan beats all but 50 men untrained men worldwide in a fight to the death you're delusional / childishly naive.

He hasn't competed in kickboxing in over 30 years. If I'm not mistaken he competed as a teenager or maybe early 20s at the latest.

This is a reality.
Chuck Norris could kick all their asses.

This is a reality.
Rogan isn't fat or slow.
Dude is in great shape and trains a lot.
His striking is pretty damn good and then add his BJJ skills.
BJJ is a neutralizer in a lot of fights, especially a street fight.

This is a reality.
Fat.... Slow..... You obviously don't know Joe Rogan. He trains daily to be a bad MOFO. He is a bad dude.... I'd take him all day every day. Trained guys are a very rare breed. If you don't know you don't know......

Fat.... Slow..... You obviously don't know Joe Rogan. He trains daily to be a bad MOFO. He is a bad dude.... I'd take him all day every day. Trained guys are a very rare breed. If you don't know you don't know......
Yes, stories of wrestlers kicking bigger guys asses are many. My teammate who wrestled 118 and was a 2X AA was notorious for kicking guys asses who were twice his size. Who would the punks with beer muscles go after? The smallest guy. What would happen? They would get flattened!

Was even an little clip in SI about wrestlers kicking Football players asses.

Holy shit, it's all of the delusional nutters gathered together in defense of Joe Rogan vs 300 lb 25 year old defensive lineman.

Joe is fat. He's slow. He's 55. He's 5'6". Yes, he knows submissions. Yes, he knows how to throw a nice kick against a stationary target. No, he hasn't competed in the past 30 years. No, he wouldn't take all but 50 untrained men out of the billions worldwide (including tens of millions younger, healthier, stronger, faster, with better cardio, etc).

You dudes are ****ing delusional and naive.

A guy like Aaron Donald would absolutely kill Joe Rogan.

Yes, stories of wrestlers kicking bigger guys asses are many. My teammate who wrestled 118 and was a 2X AA was notorious for kicking guys asses who were twice his size. Who would the punks with beer muscles go after? The smallest guy. What would happen? They would get flattened!

Was even an little clip in SI about wrestlers kicking Football players asses.

Ok, now take that scenario and say that the 118 lb AA is now 55 years old, hasn't competed in 30 years, and is in a fight to the death against the strongest, biggest, and most athletic men in the world who are in their athletic prime.

Honestly shocking the argument you guys are making as people who purport to understand the sport of wrestling/martial arts. An extreme level of naivety. Life isn't a movie and this isn't the WWE.

An old, washed up, out of shape, (and likely drunk) BJ Penn was knocked out in a street fight. And BJ Penn is 100x the martial artist that Rogan is. Even while drunk and as a has been.

Holy shit, it's all of the delusional nutters gathered together in defense of Joe Rogan vs 300 lb 25 year old defensive lineman.

Joe is fat. He's slow. He's 55. He's 5'6". Yes, he knows submissions. Yes, he knows how to throw a nice kick against a stationary target. No, he hasn't competed in the past 30 years. No, he wouldn't take all but 50 untrained men out of the billions worldwide (including tens of millions younger, healthier, stronger, faster, with better cardio, etc).

You dudes are ****ing delusional and naive.

A guy like Aaron Donald would absolutely kill Joe Rogan.
You could make a valid argument that anyone giving up 100 pounds or more would have a difficult time winning a street fight. It could open up a solid discussion. Instead, you insult Joe Rogan and anyone who thinks he might be able to hold his own. To each their own, but you sure go about things in an odd way.

You could make a valid argument that anyone giving up 100 pounds or more would have a difficult time winning a street fight. It could open up a solid discussion. Instead, you insult Joe Rogan and anyone who thinks he might be able to hold his own. To each their own, but you sure go about things in an odd way.

Yes, a man who said that Rhonda Rousey could beat men in the UFC and who has the hubris to claim he could beat all but maybe 50 untrained men worldwide (as a 55 year old small man himself), deserves criticism in regards to his martial arts knowledge and ego.

He's a decent commentator, but not without flaws and valid criticism.

Why is calling out his absurd statements so contentious to you and others?

This is the most meat head of all meat head threads.

Some of these guys never grew up to realize their dads weren't actually the strongest man in their city who could beat up all of the other dads. Instead they adopted Joe Rogan as their daddy figure. 😂

Spoiler alert. Santa Clause and the tooth fairy aren't real.

Some of these guys never grew up to realize their dads weren't actually the strongest man in their city who could beat up all of the other dads. Instead they adopted Joe Rogan as their daddy figure. 😂

Spoiler alert. Santa Clause and the tooth fairy aren't real.
But someone's dad was the strongest man in the city.... think about that vodka.

Yes, a man who said that Rhonda Rousey could beat men in the UFC and who has the hubris to claim he could beat all but maybe 50 untrained men worldwide (as a 55 year old small man himself), deserves criticism in regards to his martial arts knowledge and ego.

He's a decent commentator, but not without flaws and valid criticism.

Why is calling out his absurd statements so contentious to you and others?
You can question or call out anything you want.
Just don't understand why you have to do it in such an A hole way.
My comment back to you supporting what I thought was very cordial.
I feel there's a strong possibility you have some anger issues with anyone who has a different opinion from yours.

I feel there's a strong possibility you have some anger issues with anyone who has a different opinion from yours.
"I'm accepting of differing opinions, as long as they aren't crazy."

*proceeds to personally attack anyone with a differing opinion on any subject.

Also, he can call Rogan slow and old if he wants, but calling him fat completely invalidates his "I only attack people with facts 100% of the time, if you disagree with me you disagree with facts."

Beating a dead horse at this point with this crowd, but I have no issues with different opinions. I have an issue and no tolerance with people who are delusional to facts.

If that offends you, I'm not sorry.

"I'm accepting of differing opinions, as long as they aren't crazy."

*proceeds to personally attack anyone with a differing opinion on any subject.

Also, he can call Rogan slow and old if he wants, but calling him fat completely invalidates his "I only attack people with facts 100% of the time, if you disagree with me you disagree with facts."

See comment above regarding facts vs opinions.

I'm not a doctor, but this sure looks fat to me. Or his organs must be swollen as ****.

"I had a belly and a lot of people made fun of me, fat-shamed me."

His words not mine. Maybe he's lost it all since but he was indisputably fat.

• Haha
Reactions: T8KUDWN
You know it’s that time of year when page 2 becomes a cesspool backyard brawl.
Wish it was contained to a time of year. It’s all the time. Painful. You need to read thru 10 crap posts to get to a wrestling post.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
See comment above regarding facts vs opinions.

I'm not a doctor, but this sure looks fat to me. Or his organs must be swollen as ****.

"I had a belly and a lot of people made fun of me, fat-shamed me."

His words not mine. Maybe he's lost it all since but he was indisputably fat.
You can clearly see at least 4 abs. Looks more like HGH/Roid gut to me. If you think that's fat, then you obviously have some problems of your own. I feel bad for you, body dysmorphia is a bitch.

(To be clear, I absolutely agree that there's no way Rogan beats all but 50 untrained people in the world, but the way you go about arguing with people whose* opinions differ from yours is absolutely unacceptable. And he's not freaking fat.)

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub and T8KUDWN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT