ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Swift endorsing Harris

I’ve seen a lot of people today who used to love to say “snowflake” get very upset about a self made 34 year old billionaire simply endorsing the sitting Vice President. Weird.

Also, these same people like to think they are defenders of “freedom” and yet when someone exercises said freedoms they get bent of out shape.

Isn’t it doubly ironic?

Et tu, Linda Ronstadt?

GXPO712W0AArS4w

Has anyone here ever decided to vote for someone based on an endorsement of any kind, let alone a celebrity? I can't wrap my head around that concept

Has anyone here ever decided to vote for someone based on an endorsement of any kind, let alone a celebrity? I can't wrap my head around that concept

To be fair, that's like asking if anyone bought a product based on a marketing campaign. Many people insist that they are unaffected by marketing, but the real answer is yes--otherwise corporations wouldn't spend billions of dollars on marketing.

This lady doesn't play when it comes to that woman's right to choose thing. She actually is way more articulate than trump...and probably Kamala... Her opinion is hers:

Kinda funny that she went with the women's right to vote thing...since that required federal legislation to be available to all women everywhere. And in NC, the districts are so extremely gerrymandered that's there won't be a Dem majority in my lifetime so women here are at the mercy of the NCGOP. BTW, only 18 states allow citizens to initiate amendments to the state constitution. NC isn't one of them...it requires a 60% vote in each state house so there is NO way that women here will "have a voice" in their reproductive health.

Articulate? Methinks she's kinda ignorant. But she's a MAGAt so that tracks.

This thread is still here!?!? UNPOSSIBLE
I was told many times that all of these threads were immediately deleted.

Wait a cotton pick'n minute! You mean Americans aren't sitting around waiting for a celebrity to tell them how to vote!

'Swift effect' likely to be small​

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: 8% of Americans say Taylor Swift’s endorsement makes them more likely to vote for Kamala Harris​

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD
Wait a cotton pick'n minute! You mean Americans aren't sitting around waiting for a celebrity to tell them how to vote!

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: 8% of Americans say Taylor Swift’s endorsement makes them more likely to vote for Kamala Harris​

8% is a lot actually

It's not the "existing voters" that will be impacted here.
It's the younger crowd, who do not show up in most polls, and usually sit elections out.

And 8% of voters is now "small"???

Right.

50-49 is "almost" the same as "54-45"......
Again. According to the article, not me.

" 'Swift effect' likely to be small"

"Most Americans say Taylor Swift's endorsement of Kamala Harris won't affect their vote"

If you feel misled by my copy/paste, here is the author's information:

Andrew Romano

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD

"Most Americans say Taylor Swift's endorsement of Kamala Harris won't affect their vote"

Andrew Romano

Jeez, I hope so. It would be incredibly bizarre for most voters to be effected by a single endorsement, no matter who it is.

Seems like a strawman, or like the internet MAGAs like to say...copium.

I don't think in this instance it's like people will be swayed to vote for Harris because Taylor endorsed her I think the effect will come from her bringing attention to the issue to people who wouldn't normally pay any attention to politics and now they will. She had an effect on the nfl it wouldn't be shocking if the same effect happened in this arena

Honestly, 8% is massive. Like, more than I believe could be true.

I don't think in this instance it's like people will be swayed to vote for Harris because Taylor endorsed her I think the effect will come from her bringing attention to the issue to people who wouldn't normally pay any attention to politics and now they will. She had an effect on the nfl it wouldn't be shocking if the same effect happened in this arena
Imagine being a real estate agent and Taylor showed up to your open house. I wonder what that effect would be. :cool:

Reactions: nelly02

Andrew Romano
Key word is most. Just a few points makes a massive difference in an election like this.

Anyone saying Swift’s endorsement does not make a difference does not have a clue on what an icon she is for Gen Z and Millennials (and a lot of Gen X moms)

She is going to get a ton of the 18-42 demographic, especially females, who are not into politics and were not a guarantee to vote (or even registered to vote) now all guaranteed to be registered to vote and to vote for Harris.

The story of this election was always going to be if the millennials and GenZ show up for Democrats. So far they have disappointed a bit due to low voter turnout. They turn out big and this election could be a landslide.

Anyone saying Swift’s endorsement does not make a difference does not have any women in their lives aged 18-40.

She is going to get a ton of people who are not into politics and were not a guarantee to vote or even registered to vote now all guaranteed to vote for Harris.
How many in PA, MI, and VA? We need a bunch there.

I was gunna say, sure it's not a large percentage, but in elections, that's big. 8% could be a deciding vote.
2% could be a massive shift

I was stunned to see Texas listed as a "Leans Republican" on one of the election maps.
"Leans"? Wow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT