ADVERTISEMENT

Team USA men’s basketball

I’ve always kinda wished men’s Olympic basketball would follow the same format as soccer in the olympics. Predominately u-23 squad with a couple older vets for leadership. We’ve seen in the past too many of the older vets get bored of the olympics because if we truly sent our best, there’d be no challenge.

Apparently foreign countries no longer have centers looking at the Team USA roster

Do soccer players ever say "I've represented my country enough?"

They keep playing for their country as long as the coach keeps calling them up.

And they play a much more physically demanding game and a much longer season. In soccer there is about a month and a half between the end of the season and the start of the pre-season training and in that month and a half the best players are playing for their country.

Stick to the ballroom

Apparently foreign countries no longer have centers looking at the Team USA roster
Overall, there aren’t a ton of the traditional centers abroad anymore.they like to pick and pop, with an emphasis on mobility. Part of the reason for the 2004 debacle was that the US didnt have bigs that could survive outside the paint and they got picked and back door cut to death.

Overall, there aren’t a ton of the traditional centers abroad anymore.they like to pick and pop, with an emphasis on mobility. Part of the reason for the 2004 debacle was that the US didnt have bigs that could survive outside the paint and they got picked and back door cut to death.
Understood, but a KAT or Jarrett Allen bring more to the table than Love.

And Bam is awesome but he’s still undersized.

Hopefully the best player in the world just puts this team on his back and it’s a non issue

Hopefully the best player in the world just puts this team on his back and it’s a non issue
It looks like a good enough roster that Gold shouldn’t seriously be in question.

I'm sure KAT would be all aboard traveling to the land of COVID.

Reactions: tigerguy_

I hate the love pick. I also hate KAT or Jarret Allen taking his place lol. I would rather have AD obviously but we know that isn’t possible, Myles Turner, Zion, or Ayton take his place.

I hate the love pick. I also hate KAT or Jarret Allen taking his place lol. I would rather have AD obviously but we know that isn’t possible, Myles Turner, Zion, or Ayton take his place.
I’d be good with Myles Turner too.

Would Ayton be eligible for the USA team?

Do soccer players ever say "I've represented my country enough?"

They keep playing for their country as long as the coach keeps calling them up.

And they play a much more physically demanding game and a much longer season. In soccer there is about a month and a half between the end of the season and the start of the pre-season training and in that month and a half the best players are playing for their country.
Landon Donovan famously took a year off from playing for the US soccer team. It’s part of the reason he was cut from the 2014 World Cup roster.

Players can also refuse call ups if they desire for any number of reasons.

It looks like a good enough roster that Gold shouldn’t seriously be in question.
Ya, I’m not so sure about that anymore. Hopefully this was a wake up call and Pop gets it done.

But that was ugly as could be watching that exhibition.

Horrid loss. But, hopefully they learn from it and will gel a bit. Can't hurt having guys like Booker, Middleton, and Holliday joining soon but that doesnt help the issue of the guys being on the same page on the court.

I watched the game and the offense and defense was so piss poor. It reminded me of 04 when Carlos arroyo put team Puerto Rico on his back and beat USA. Love looked like a corpse for his limited minutes, the second unit was baddddd, and you can tell this is the first real comp they have played as a team. They played lazy D around the perimeter, no rebounding, and the offensive chemistry was not there. But you got to give credit to Nigeria, they looked like a well oiled machine.

They really need to get love out of there and get another rebounding rim running big like Mitchell Robinson or a more defensive minded Big that can stretch the floor like Myles Turner.

I watched the game and the offense and defense was so piss poor. It reminded me of 04 when Carlos arroyo put team Puerto Rico on his back and beat USA. Love looked like a corpse for his limited minutes, the second unit was baddddd, and you can tell this is the first real comp they have played as a team. They played lazy D around the perimeter, no rebounding, and the offensive chemistry was not there. But you got to give credit to Nigeria, they looked like a well oiled machine.

They really need to get love out of there and get another rebounding rim running big like Mitchell Robinson or a more defensive minded Big that can stretch the floor like Myles Turner.
Myles Turner or even Drummond to give them someone to rebound and clog the lane is desperately missing from this team.

There is trouble in River City with this roster

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Myles Turner or even Drummond to give them someone to rebound and clog the lane is desperately missing from this team.

There is trouble in River City with this roster
Yah especially when internationally they play with a more traditional 5 plus we can play zone defense without the defensive 3 second call.

Yah especially when internationally they play with a more traditional 5 plus we can play zone defense without the defensive 3 second call.
I kept waiting for Durant to take over, but when he got blocked on that dunk attempt I thought uh-oh that’s not supposed to happen.

Am confident Pop will figure it out, but would love to see some roster changes if possible at this late date. Middleton and Holiday and Booker are more of the same 7 guys already on the team.

I’m a huge nba fan and watched probably 65 Bulls games this year and this roster concerned me from the word go.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I kept waiting for Durant to take over, but when he got blocked on that dunk attempt I thought uh-oh that’s not supposed to happen.

Am confident Pop will figure it out, but would love to see some roster changes if possible at this late date. Middleton and Holiday and Booker are more of the same 7 guys already on the team.

I’m a huge nba fan and watched probably 65 Bulls games this year and this roster concerned me from the word go.
I wouldn’t say I’m concerned but there is definitely a big weakness on front court depth. As we play more games they will look a lottttt better. Having booker and Middleton over Saddiq Bey and Garland is such a huggggggge upgrade. In the second half with the second unit it was lavine, bey, Garland, draymond, and grant. Idk if that starting lineup would make the 8 seed in the East haha. When they were in Lavine tried to do it all himself in Offense, that won’t happen when he has booker or Middleton out there imo.

I wouldn’t say I’m concerned but there is definitely a big weakness on front court depth. As we play more games they will look a lottttt better. Having booker and Middleton over Saddiq Bey and Garland is such a huggggggge upgrade. In the second half with the second unit it was lavine, bey, Garland, draymond, and grant. Idk if that starting lineup would make the 8 seed in the East haha. When they were in Lavine tried to do it all himself in Offense, that won’t happen when he has booker or Middleton out there imo.
Lavine doing it all by himself is the story of his career.

Him and Vuch should be killer in the two man game but it never clicked this year. Hopefully next year it does.

And I love garland, but Bey is just meh. Hopefully holiday and Middleton bring some perimeter defense to this team. Something Tatum didn’t care about last night. Or Beal as well.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Lavine doing it all by himself is the story of his career.

Him and Vuch should be killer in the two man game but it never clicked this year. Hopefully next year it does.

And I love garland, but Bey is just meh. Hopefully holiday and Middleton bring some perimeter defense to this team. Something Tatum didn’t care about last night. Or Beal as well.
Beal needs to adjust. The fouls he got in the nba won’t translate to FIBA and you could tell he was frustrated because of it.

Reactions: tigerguy_
This team has serious issues. Australia is doing whatever they want right now

He is not fun to watch when he's cold.
Thybull was already dunking the ball and Tatum was still out by the three point line with his head turned not even realizing he gave up a back door dunk. Awful.

Lillard and Durant get to shoot. The rest of you get your shots off rebounds.

Lavine and Tatum clanking 3’s and Bam trying to handle the ball and go 1 on 5 doesn’t seem to be working so far

We got issues….honestly we need a few key additions….not even sure it’s possible at this point…

You still think Giannis is overrated after back to back 40 point games?
Whoever thinks Giannis is overrated is an idiot. We are all witnessing greatness in the finals.

On team USA, losing 1 exhibition which is your first game I can understand but to lose 2 in a row? I didn’t watch this one but it sounds like there was no effort and our offense was just as bad as the first game. @tigerguy_ how did this look compared to the first game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT