ADVERTISEMENT

Team USA men’s basketball

And Bam is awesome but he’s still undersized.

Hopefully the best player in the world just puts this team on his back and it’s a non issue
Goebert is what a true center is all about and controlled this game from the paint.

Of course having Durant on the bench with fouls all game didn’t help.

But this roster was junk from the get go. Coach em up Pop

I'm a terrible American as I enjoy watching these NBA stars blow it. This team is a perfect example of why NBA ratings are tanking and old balls scream that the game just isn't as interesting and well played as years past. No doubt that talent is improving but the killer instinct just isn't there and the product shows it.

92 D.T would beat these guys by 20+

Reactions: Chuck C
I'm a terrible American as I enjoy watching these NBA stars blow it. This team is a perfect example of why NBA ratings are tanking and old balls scream that the game just isn't as interesting and well played as years past. No doubt that talent is improving but the killer instinct just isn't there and the product shows it.

Against the 92 dream team? It'd be a worse bloodbath than that.

tenor.gif

Reactions: biggreydogs

The Dream Team also had more than two truly elite players on their roster.

Maybe team USA could use a dominant big man to actually post up. Garza ... *cough**cough**.

😎
I said this in a different thread a few weeks ago, albeit semi-jokingly.

But they need a guy that they can dump the ball down into in the post that can get a bucket. Plus with the 5 foul limit in international play, a guy like Garza could really make them pay. This team spends too much time jacking up outside shots, which is great when they go in like the first half of the 4th quarter today but horrible when they don’t like the end of the game today. Outside shooting comes and goes, but inside scoring is forever.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The Argentina/Slovenia game had 167 shot attempts in 40 min, Argentina hitting 44% and Slo hitting 50%. That's good pace for basketball.

I want a refund on USA basketball

I just want a better roster. And better management of the team. Go back to selecting them year(s) prior to Olympics and play together more than 2 weeks.

However, this year was a weird year given the compressed NBA schedule and the late date of the Finals. Given the late selection, it just made things worse. Normally the team would have had more time together.

I just want a better roster. And better management of the team. Go back to selecting them year(s) prior to Olympics and play together more than 2 weeks.

However, this year was a weird year given the compressed NBA schedule and the late date of the Finals. Given the late selection, it just made things worse. Normally the team would have had more time together.

and don't forget ..! :)

giphy.gif

Was this not the end game though? Seems like 30 years ago everyone was saying the hype the Dream Team would create internationally would expand basketball in the world. Well it did. And here we are in 2021 with almost 25% of the NBA foreign players and losing basketball to NBA laden international teams. And US college players not quite able to make the NBA are having nice livelihoods oversees.

Reactions: An Iowa fan
So the US can still get gold even after a loss? Sorry I don't follow BB Olympics.

Yes. They lost their 1st pool play game. Pool play just determines who goes to the single elimination and what the match ups are.

FTR, they are looking much better now. Funny how having everyone around for practices helps. I still wish they'd go back to identifying the players way ahead.

So no repeat of 1992?

Date
Game
Opponent
USA
Opponent
Differential
July 26, 1992Group A, Game 1Angola
116​
48​
68​
July 27, 1992Group A, Game 2Croatia
103​
70​
33​
July 29, 1992Group A, Game 3Germany
111​
68​
43​
July 31, 1992Group A, Game 4Brazil
127​
83​
44​
August 2, 1992Group A, Game 5Spain
122​
81​
41​
August 4, 1992QuarterfinalsPuerto Rico
115​
77​
38​
August 6, 1992SemifinalsLithuania
127​
76​
51​
August 8, 1992Gold medal gameCroatia
117​
85​
32​

Refs are letting France get away with much more physical play for sure. We are the smaller and quicker team…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT