ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

I asked this before and you never answered... Do you know what first hand means?

People like me don't answer to people like you. If you weren't so stupid you would have figured that out on your own without having to be told.

People like me don't answer to people like you. If you weren't so stupid you would have figured that out on your own without having to be told.
You are such an elite wrestling mind! Thank you for gracing me with such a brilliant response! So, just reading between the lines, no, you don't understand what first hand means.

Reactions: danoftw
yes, people who have an avatar of a 30 year old movie with pencils sticking out of their nose don't answer to plebs like you, rassling. get a clue.

Hey fanboy,
fat-drunk-and-stupid-is-no-way-to-go-through-life-son.jpg

"fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"-

Reactions: fufighters
Alright, I’m not sure what is actually being asked, the subject jumps around, but I don’t know of any Iowa wrestlers who have asked for money. Now, I’m sure anyone who has been through the recruiting process knows of recruits or parents who have asked for money. To be clear, none of the schools we dealt with spoke of payments or outside money.

Alright, I’m not sure what is actually being asked, the subject jumps around, but I don’t know of any Iowa wrestlers who have asked for money. Now, I’m sure anyone who has been through the recruiting process knows of recruits or parents who have asked for money. To be clear, none of the schools we dealt with spoke of payments or outside money.

Wait you’re actually The Brooks’ father if I remember right?

You know how much less fun the internet is when we can’t speculate?

:)

What I’m taking away from the rambling part of this thread is that if the parent of an Iowa wrestler takes a less lucrative job offer it’s a sign of dedication to his son to be able to join the right program for him. And when a Penn State wrestler appears to take a smaller scholarship offer than other schools may have extended, it’s not a sign of similar parental dedication, but rather a sign of hidden dealings.

Are we finally in agreement? :D

But @armbartilt has first hand information from a guy at the bar's third cousin twice removed. He probably has a little better understanding than you on this stuff then you do Mr. Brooks :D

Reactions: Hotshoe
Asked for $300,000 and the associate put the folded up envelope, with the $47.38 the associates scraped together, back in his pocket and said, "This meeting is over." Later that night they took their offer out of the envelope and splurged on a medium pizza and a 12 pack of BEER beer. First hand.
So who did you ask for 300,000 from? It sounds like a joke was ongoing if they had 47.38 dollars in an envelope all ready to go. What exactly is an associate? Was an Associate AD was getting in on the recruiting negotiations or is associate the new name for an assistant coach. I was less confused before reading this or have I been so confused by all the back and forth on this thread that you are just pulling our/my leg?
Is this what it feels like when brain cells die?

So who did you ask for 300,000 from? It sounds like a joke was ongoing if they had 47.38 dollars in an envelope all ready to go. What exactly is an associate? Was an Associate AD was getting in on the recruiting negotiations or is associate the new name for an assistant coach. I was less confused before reading this or have I been so confused by all the back and forth on this thread that you are just pulling our/my leg?
Is this what it feels like when brain cells die?

Holy crap. We were all trying to ignore that because it wasn't funny and you're actually asking if it was serious?

Armbar is saying that you are the one that approached the Iowa staff for payments.

Armbar is saying that you are the one that approached the Iowa staff for payments.

No he didn’t. And I don’t think Mr. Brooks asked for money but he didn’t address what the op posted. He said not an Iowa wrestler and he said Mr. Brooks asked. Mr Brooks said no school spoke of payments or outside money. It’s semantics but does give plausible deniability. I believe he has been on here before and always seemed legit but a better answer may have been ‘I never asked for anything more than a scholarship for my son and in no form of communication did any school convey or imply that there was a possibility of payments or outside money’ kind of removes the political, not really answering the allegations that have been cast. Care to add to your answer?

No he didn’t. And I don’t think Mr. Brooks asked for money but he didn’t address what the op posted. He said not an Iowa wrestler and he said Mr. Brooks asked. Mr Brooks said no school spoke of payments or outside money. It’s semantics but does give plausible deniability. I believe he has been on here before and always seemed legit but a better answer may have been ‘I never asked for anything more than a scholarship for my son and in no form of communication did any school convey or imply that there was a possibility of payments or outside money’ kind of removes the political, not really answering the allegations that have been cast. Care to add to your answer?
Of course, he would need to be hooked up to a lie detector to make it believable. Maybe we should water board him also, just to make sure. (with pics)

Of course, he would need to be hooked up to a lie detector to make it believable. Maybe we should water board him also, just to make sure. (with pics)

Mr. Brooks seems pretty straight forward with the process. Even lie detectors won’t sway some. I know of a lady who passed one because she had pushed the fact that her brother went to prison out of her mind.

You’re hired lol! I wasn’t thinking anyone thought it was me. People should know there is always corruption. In my opinion the life lesson of always trying to do the right thing is more important than a few thousand dollars. What are your priorities? The lessons are our true investment in our children. Cheating would be counter productive in anyone’s attempt to build a champion in character and on the mat. Anyone who knows our world champions knows that character is more important than talent sometimes.

Good observation....and you are exactly right. It is called "the non-denial-denial"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-denial_denial

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

ROFLMAO

You’re hired lol! I wasn’t thinking anyone thought it was me. People should know there is always corruption. In my opinion the life lesson of always trying to do the right thing is more important than a few thousand dollars. What are your priorities? The lessons are our true investment in our children. Cheating would be counter productive in anyone’s attempt to build a champion in character and on the mat. Anyone who knows our world champions knows that character is more important than talent sometimes.

Well said.

Character is always more important than talent... everyone’s days as a competitor end. It’s who you are as a person after that truly shows if wrestling (or any sport) was a lesson or a waste of time.

So you're just going to act like you didn't see the post directly above yours from Mr. Brooks before you posted this garbage? Keeping digging that hole, troll.

I liked Mr. Brooks post. It however did the same thing. The ‘why would I do that? It’s not smart’ approach. It doesn’t answer the did you or didn’t you question

So you're just going to act like you didn't see the post directly above yours from Mr. Brooks before you posted this garbage? Keeping digging that hole, troll.

If you truly think that's Brooks responding or that he is going to admit to asking for money on this forum you are even dumber than I thought....and I think you are pretty effen dumb.

But lets be real..... you don't matter....... to me and almost everyone on this board . Your life must be pathetic to spend so much time where you are not wanted and no one really cares what you think troll.

If this is Mr Brooks, sir you are a brave man to wade into this pool! I try and stay out of this area of discussion as the lines are drawn and nobody really knows anything one way or the other. Discussion is good but this topic usually turns into baseless allegations and random speculation on both sides. We can all wonder how schools seem to do what they do. Doesn’t mean they are or aren’t doing something wrong. PSU does get seem to be able to be getting a lot of the top guys that may raise eyebrows. However, on the flip side for example, I think Alabama football and Duke basketball cheat a hell of a lot less than other schools for the obvious and simple reason is they don’t need to. Now we seem to have this “gray” area which makes the speculation even more rampant. I guess my solace is regardless of what anybody does I trust our coaches are doing it the right way and now we need to get back to the top.

If you truly think that's Brooks responding or that he is going to admit to asking for money on this forum you are even dumber than I thought....and I think you are pretty effen dumb.

But lets be real..... you don't matter....... to me and almost everyone on this board . Your life must be pathetic to spend so much time where you are not wanted and no one really cares what you think troll.
Yes, we should believe you, an internet tough guy who has “first hand knowledge” over a highly respected father of a recruit who truly has first hand knowledge. Gotcha that makes complete sense.

Just a little tip for you next time you want to slander people... When you are whipping down the tables at McDonalds and over hear people talking about recruits from PSU asking for money. It’s called second hand information not first.

Yes, we should believe you, an internet tough guy who has “first hand knowledge” over a highly respected father of a recruit who truly has first hand knowledge. Gotcha that makes complete sense.

Just a little tip for you next time you want to slander people... When you are whipping down the tables at McDonalds and over hear people talking about recruits from PSU asking for money. It’s called second hand information not first.

So you have verified the IP address and have seen that it’s actually said father? I thought you knew I was Mr. Brooks.... what do you expect from someone whipping tables. Enjoy the internet.

It is the real Mr. Brooks you dumb SOB. He’s been on BWI and has told us Aaron’s schedule, where he’ll be competing, personal facts, etc BEFORE it was released to public.

You’re attempt of degrading his family is truly pathetic.

John Brooks has a lot more patience for scumbags than I do.

So, there's been a lot of discussion about the trajectory of the quality of this board and how internet trolls -- err, I mean PSU trolls -- have put it on the downslide . . .

I'll offer up the continuing slander of the Brooks family by a poster here as a case example of why "trolls" are so active on the HR. Take a peek into the future . . . as Aaron Brooks has success at the NCAA level, and perhaps even against Iowa, who do you think the "trolls" are going to think of, and where do you think they will go to conduct some business?

As this poster repeatedly slanders the Brooks family . . . and very few Hawkeye fans on the HR step up to shun the behavior . . . but instead one argues that the allegations are not adequately rebuffed by a poster with the handle 'Mr. Brooks' because no one can prove it is the actual Mr. Brooks . . . what kind of response might one expect from the "trolls" over the next several years?

Reactions: Ski
So, there's been a lot of discussion about the trajectory of the quality of this board and how internet trolls -- err, I mean PSU trolls -- have put it on the downslide . . .

I'll offer up the continuing slander of the Brooks family by a poster here as a case example of why "trolls" are so active on the HR. Take a peek into the future . . . as Aaron Brooks has success at the NCAA level, and perhaps even against Iowa, who do you think the "trolls" are going to think of, and where do you think they will go to conduct some business?

As this poster repeatedly slanders the Brooks family . . . and very few Hawkeye fans on the HR step up to shun the behavior . . . but instead one argues that the allegations are not adequately rebuffed by a poster with the handle 'Mr. Brooks' because no one can prove it is the actual Mr. Brooks . . . what kind of response might one expect from the "trolls" over the next several years?
Lots of people leaving/not being active on HR anymore...And yes, it IS Mr Brooks.

As this poster repeatedly slanders the Brooks family . . . and very few Hawkeye fans on the HR step up to shun the behavior . . . b

The vast majority of us don't give a crap about these tired, silly, worn out arguments. We only check the thread to see if there's Teasdale news and when we see this garbage for the 10,000th time, we move on.

Or you could do like most of us and ignore the 4 or 5 posters who continually spew garbage and move on with your day. If HR posters can do it so can PSU posters but both need to. Just think, it might actually get them to stop throwing nonsense around when they are only talking to themselves patting each other on the back.

P.S. I dont post often and I dont want to be the kid that took his ball and ran but when this is the stuff being discussed on a message board about wrestling then I might leave as well.

P.S.S. Words of advice for arguing on a message board...........never wrestle with a pig, you'll just get dirty and the pig likes it.

I understand fully that a good number of posters ignore it all and try to stay above the fray. And I also understand how futile and time-consuming it can be to fight the good fight. That said, there are still a good number of posters who respond disproportionately to and complain about external trolls more than they do to/about the posters that incite them. I guess my message was intended more for those dudes.

That said, my message evoked 5 responses in ~90 mins. Imagine if every time a guy like the Brooks slanderer started his nonsense, 5+ Hawk fans jumped on him in succession w/ a 'STFU' response (like Sans did last night in the other thread)? I understand that isn't enough to get through to every guy, but it will work with some.

But for anyone who has given up trying to change the behavior of those kinds of posters, I do feel they should also give up trying to change the behavior of those who do respond. [I'm not singling anyone out with that comment.]

Reactions: Agoodnap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT