ADVERTISEMENT

Texas - Oklahoma State

BubsFinn

HR Legend
Nov 20, 2004
Would Texas have a better shot at getting into the playoff if they were playing Oklahoma today? Right now, they’re sitting at #7. I assume Oregon will fall and maybe Ohio State as well since they’re not playing. But that only gets them to #5. Texas needs a statement win to vault them into the top 4 and I don’t think they can get it against Oklahoma State. If they had the opportunity to avenge their only loss, I think that would do it. As it is now, I think UT is on the outside looking in.

A Texas beat down of a very good I guess 9-3 OkieSt team in a championship charged game would certainly make them look more like a top 4 team.

Then you also get the "lets get as many conferences as possible in the top 4" type of thinking. If these teams win, Georgia, Mich, Wash, FL ST, they are in as the only 4 undefeated teams in the P5. Easy peasy. Oregon beats Wash then I would see Oregon getting in as beating a higher ranked team. Texas needs to win big and how for an undefeated team or two to lose

A Texas beat down of a very good I guess 9-3 OkieSt team in a championship charged game would certainly make them look more like a top 4 team.

Then you also get the "lets get as many conferences as possible in the top 4" type of thinking. If these teams win, Georgia, Mich, Wash, FL ST, they are in as the only 4 undefeated teams in the P5. Easy peasy. Oregon beats Wash then I would see Oregon getting in as beating a higher ranked team. Texas needs to win big and how for an undefeated team or two to lose
This 9-3 Okie State? The Big 12 was dog shit this year.

Washington won last night.

I'm guessing the Hawkeyes and the Cardinals will have a lot of Longhorns cheering for them today. They're also cheering hard for Georgia.

Would Texas have a better shot at getting into the playoff if they were playing Oklahoma today? Right now, they’re sitting at #7. I assume Oregon will fall and maybe Ohio State as well since they’re not playing. But that only gets them to #5. Texas needs a statement win to vault them into the top 4 and I don’t think they can get it against Oklahoma State. If they had the opportunity to avenge their only loss, I think that would do it. As it is now, I think UT is on the outside looking in.
Yes, because the only Texas loss was to OU.

I think they will be left out. If Alabama beats Georgia, I think Alabama jumps them, which makes no sense considering that UT beat them on the road.

I think they will be left out. If Alabama beats Georgia, I think Alabama jumps them, which makes no sense considering that UT beat them on the road.
I think so too, but I think they would have a better chance at getting in if they were playing the Sooners today. Texas needs Louisville to beat Florida State. And it would quite down some of the Seminole invaders around here too.

Yeah, I remember that score but I didnt watch much Big 12. And was South Alabama a decent team? Has Okie St been playing much better?

Okie state is playing better but they are a total head case team. Three weeks ago they lost to a mediocre UCF team 45-3. They just choose to not show up sometime.

It's hard to know what you're going to get with Oklahoma State. I can't remember a team that can play so bad one week then look great the next week. Or sometimes even in the same game. I've got a feeling Texas may take them to the woodshed. But if they don't put them away, don't count out OSU giving them a scare.

they could overlook okie st and come out flat early and get in trouble

okie st = nothing to lose

Texas will easily be in CFP with win + Florida State or Michigan loss. Their SOS is better, they'd be conference champs and they have a win at Alabama, the most dominant program of the BCS/CFP era.

Doesn't matter if the people in front of them win. You play who you play.

On top of beating OSU, Texas would need either an Iowa win or an FSU loss to get in.

I'm guessing the Hawkeyes and the Cardinals will have a lot of Longhorns cheering for them today. They're also cheering hard for Georgia.
ESPN not gonna like it, but if Georgia loses, they should be out and Bama in. With possibly 3 other 13-0 conference champs, there's only enough room for one 12-1 and that should be SEC champ Alabama.

I don't think the SEC should be taking 2 spots this year if there are 3 other undefeated P5 champs.

Yeah, I remember that score but I didnt watch much Big 12. And was South Alabama a decent team? Has Okie St been playing much better?
South Alabama was 4-4 in the Sun Belt Conference. And remember Texas State took Baylor to the wood shed 42-31 and was also 4-4 in the Sun Belt. This was part of 6 Big 12 teams losing to group of 5 teams. Okie State played better until losing to UCF 3-45.

I think so too, but I think they would have a better chance at getting in if they were playing the Sooners today. Texas needs Louisville to beat Florida State. And it would quite down some of the Seminole invaders around here too.
jduging by last weeks game thread it would only make them worse. that were SALTY af just for pointing out normal things.

I saw that after my post. Didnt even know that game was on but the Pac 12 is somewhat the invisible conference, now in more one ways than one
they had the best non-conference record and have as many ranked teams as the big 10, big 12, and ACC, and more in the top 10 than the Big12 and ACC 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: littlez
Somewhat unrelated question on that, does anyone know why we have so many ‘noles on our off topic board?

Per ESPN their win over the Bammers in Tuscaloosa doesn’t really mean anything and if Bama beats UGA that means they’re on their way to another NC.
Plus FSU is “undeserving” anyway. Kirk H and company are unwatchable and full of 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
If TX wins and Bama does too and Bama gets in watch the nuclear explosion over the Lone Star State.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ESPN not gonna like it, but if Georgia loses, they should be out and Bama in. With possibly 3 other 13-0 conference champs, there's only enough room for one 12-1 and that should be SEC champ Alabama.

I don't think the SEC should be taking 2 spots this year if there are 3 other undefeated P5 champs.
Why should Bama be in over TX?

Per ESPN their win over the Bammers in Tuscaloosa doesn’t really mean anything and if Bama beats UGA that means they’re on their way to another NC.
Plus FSU is “undeserving” anyway. Kirk H and company are unwatchable and full of 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
If TX wins and Bama does too and Bama gets in watch the nuclear explosion over the Lone Star State.
Yep. As it turns out, Alabama beating Georgia will end up being a better win than Texas beating Alabama, and Texas will be on their way to The WhoGivesASh**.com Cotton Bowl.

Texas has the H2H win in week 2. But since then Texas has lost to #12 OU and only beat #25 KSU. Bama lost the H2H in week 2, but since has beat #11 Ole Miss, #21 Tennessee, #13 LSU.

This 9-3 Okie State? The Big 12 was dog shit this year.

Yeah it’s interesting really when our critics (many our
own fans) whine about the Big 10 West, when supposed 2nd best team in the ACC lost to 3-9 Pitt & supposed 2nd best team in the Big 12 lost by 26 to 6-6 South Alabama and 6-6 UCF by 42, yikes!!

Showing fans are generally pretty myopic. They can only see what’s directly in front of them, through the prism of their own agendas.

Last edited:
It has to do with the moderators on our old Rivals site Warchant banning some of the “livelier” posters. The Iowa boards are fun.
We don’t get the whole wrestling thing, though.

I like Turkey legs, BTW.
Okay that makes sense, thanks for the info! Always thought it was a bit of an odd pairing on the OT boards lol but welcome anyway ‘noles fans and good luck today!

Head to head. Texas beat them. No way dude.
I don't think that should be discounted. If Texas and Alabama win today, Texas has only played 3 ranked teams, beating 2 and losing to the higher ranked team, while Alabama would have played 4, beating all 4 including the #1 team in the nation. That should be enough to covercome the head to head loss from 11 weeks ago, imo.

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT