ADVERTISEMENT

Texas school had a shooting plan, armed officers and practice.

In 2011 close to 500000 crimes were committed with a gun. 1.2 million used guns in a good way and that is not even including hunters. WINNING

Honest question, how sure are you that all 1.2 million incidents were life threatening?

Reactions: BrianNole09
I did. Hey, is 1.2 million "self defense" incidents, divided by the 1/6th that may have saved a life equal "millions"? And how many of the perps had guns that emboldened them to commit the crime? Let me know how that math shakes out, Einstein.

From the story:

"1.2 million times each year"

They were banned from using tax funds for promoting gun control, they were never bared from studying any kind of violence.

There was a damn good reason why this happened too.
True. Gun lobby
They were banned from using tax funds for promoting gun control, they were never bared from studying any kind of violence.

There was a damn good reason why this happened too.
They aren't banned from doing research. The NRA was upset about a 1993 study that concluded that having a gun in your home was more dangerous than not having one.
The NRA wanted to completely shut down the the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control and the Dickey amendment was supposed to be a compromise. So they cut 90% of the funding.
So you can do research but if the results don't support the NRA narrative it's likely they will suggest the study is biased, is promoting gun control, and you can be damn sure they will try to come for your funding.

It’s amazing that our republican friends have decided that the difference between the US and the rest of the world is not the millions of guns and the easy access to them - but instead that there is something inherently wrong with us that isn’t wrong with other nations.
Yet how many laws were broken here? Not one single law would have changed anything. Your problem is it wasnt a black scary gun, so you have to make up lies. Look into southern countries, middle eastern countries. Your statement is a complete lie.

True. Gun lobby

They aren't banned from doing research. The NRA was upset about a 1993 study that concluded that having a gun in your home was more dangerous than not having one.
The NRA wanted to completely shut down the the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control and the Dickey amendment was supposed to be a compromise. So they cut 90% of the funding.
So you can do research but if the results don't support the NRA narrative it's likely they will suggest the study is biased, is promoting gun control, and you can be damn sure they will try to come for your funding.
No the NRA was upset that the CDC started at a conclusion and pointed all studies to show that outcome.

Yet how many laws were broken here? Not one single law would have changed anything. Your problem is it wasnt a black scary gun, so you have to make up lies. Look into southern countries, middle eastern countries. Your statement is a complete lie.
Murder. That’s one. Firearms in school, that’s another. I’m sure there are countless others.

Not a single law would have changed anything? Wow, you must have traveled an infinite number of parallel universes to know that - what an amazing power to waste posting in here. The rest of your post is just gibberish.

Murder. That’s one. Firearms in school, that’s another. I’m sure there are countless others.

Not a single law would have changed anything? Wow, you must have traveled an infinite number of parallel universes to know that - what an amazing power to waste posting in here. The rest of your post is just gibberish.
You proved my point. Many many laws were broken. Please comprehend my paragraph before posting. All that jiberish are facts you cant prove wrong. Job well done.

Maybe a "gun free zone" sign would have stopped this (you know, since the shooter didn't give a crap about laws anyway).

No the NRA was upset that the CDC started at a conclusion and pointed all studies to show that outcome.
Well, that's just a big ole pile of horseshit.

Here's the study that caused the "ban".

Now, I understand that science is a foreign concept to wingnuts but if you disagree with the study, you are more than welcome to rip into it from a science standpoint and demonstrate that the data don't support the conclusions or that the data are presented in a misleading way or that the study's conclusion is the result of bias. That's how SCIENCE works. What the NRA demanded - and what Congress allowed - was simply stripping the funding that the CDC had used to study gun violence and daring the CDC to risk even more cuts. You can dress that pile of dung up however you like but it's still going to stink.

You proved my point. Many many laws were broken. Please comprehend my paragraph before posting. All that jiberish are facts you cant prove wrong. Job well done.
What point might that be? Are you suggesting that if a crime is committed, it's useless to look at the circumstances and determine ways to prevent such a crime in the future? Because the 9/11 hijackers broke existing laws, there's no point in trying to prevent such an occurrence again by - for example - hardening cockpit doors?

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
No, we’re back to since bad guys don’t obey laws we shouldn’t have any “logic”

What point might that be? Are you suggesting that if a crime is committed, it's useless to look at the circumstances and determine ways to prevent such a crime in the future? Because the 9/11 hijackers broke existing laws, there's no point in trying to prevent such an occurrence again by - for example - hardening cockpit doors?
The point that so many laws were broken to achieve this. Which proves that criminals dont follow laws. Which also means creating more will not stop a criminal. Its not a hard concept to grasp. Maybe reach a little farther.

I thought we banned box cutters and reverse cowgirl in cockpits?

The point that so many laws were broken to achieve this. Which proves that criminals dont follow laws. Which also means creating more will not stop a criminal. Its not a hard concept to grasp. Maybe reach a little farther.
Libs just want government to do something so they can say "we did something" - knowing it is like pissing into the wind and expecting to stay dry.

Reactions: GobysHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT