ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks a lot Covid Kim

KFSuperStar

HR MVP
Jul 2, 2009
First you opened schools.

Then you didn’t force us to wear masks.

And worst of all you quit updating the Covid ticker daily!

(Spoiler, most states had more Covid death per capita)

Iowa was 28/51 (D.C. was included), which is basically smack dab in the middle, so I’m not sure where you’re getting “most states had more…” from.

It looks like most of the states that made the top ten are states that also make the top ten in obesity rates, which makes sense because the highest morbidity rates of people who contracted COVID were among those who were the most overweight.

In short, this is hardly anything to take a victory lap over, as there is no real correlation with liberal or conservative policies and survival rates. COVID-19 was a pandemic that almost exclusively took out vulnerable elderly people and fat asses. Government policies were pretty much inconsequential to that. It’s really that simple.

This part is true. Which is why it was such a bad decision to close schools and businesses. No real benefit, but significant damage economically and social.
In hindsight, this is true. But at the time the pandemic first broke out, we didn’t know enough about the virus and erring on the side of caution was the best approach. However, once we learned a lot more about COVID-19, policies should have evolved with the science. Instead, it was more partisan bickering as usual.

Iowa was 28/51 (D.C. was included), which is basically smack dab in the middle, so I’m not sure where you’re getting “most states had more…” from.

It looks like most of the states that made the top ten are states that also make the top ten in obesity rates, which makes sense because the highest morbidity rates of people who contracted COVID were among those who were the most overweight.

In short, this is hardly anything to take a victory lap over, as there is no real correlation with liberal or conservative policies and survival rates. COVID-19 was a pandemic that almost exclusively took out vulnerable elderly people and fat asses. Government policies were pretty much inconsequential to that. It’s really that simple.
Missed the sweet 16 once again

In hindsight, this is true. But at the time the pandemic first broke out, we didn’t know enough about the virus and erring on the side of caution was the best approach. However, once we learned a lot more about COVID-19, policies should have evolved with the science. Instead, it was more partisan bickering as usual.
@Tom Paris erring on the side of caution while on vacation during the heart of COVID, tweeting about how terrible repubs and kimmy are in an airport lobby.

Is the OP trying to trigger Kenneth Griffin? I blame him when Kenny starts about 5 pro covid threads today.

Last edited:

Weird that California, with the largest population and some of the highest population densities of anywhere in America, had about 2/3 the deaths rates.

I'd bank on if you statistically adjusted for population density, you'd find Iowa didn't fare all that well....

Weird that California, with the largest population and some of the highest population densities of anywhere in America, had about 2/3 the deaths rates.

I'd bank on if you statistically adjusted for population density, you'd find Iowa didn't fare all that well....
You’re supposed to make the argument that nothing that happened before July 2020 should count because it’s not fair that New York and New Jersey got slammed before they even knew what they were dealing with.

You’re slipping, dude.

Reactions: 24 so far

That's because California had a lot of protesting. And as you taught us, going to protests, unmasked and screaming, actually made the COVID rate go down, amazingly.

Iowa has an older population than California

Iowa has an older population than California
And a far far lower population density

Nebraska fared far better that Iowa did in deaths rates, if you want to compare similar population densities and demographics.

Reactions: MitchLL
You’re supposed to make the argument that nothing that happened before July 2020 should count

Again, if you do not understand why that's a better metric, you might want to go back and retake some math classes (before the GOP bans all the math books).

I like comparing Johnson county (0.10%) to Polk county (0.22%)

Perhaps she's just taking guidance from America's CDC:

The Title 42 order was implemented in March 2020 under former President Donald Trump's administration as a way to keep COVID-19 outside American borders. President Biden's administration kept it in place amid warnings rescinding it could only worsen the border crisis. But the CDC recently announced that Title 42 expulsions will end May 23 because the public health order is "no longer necessary."

And a far far lower population density

Nebraska fared far better that Iowa did in deaths rates, if you want to compare similar population densities and demographics.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is the correct answer.

And those congratulating Kimberly should also express their sympathies to the families of nearly 10,000, and likely more, dead Iowans.

IDPH data was never accurate throughout the entire time.

Now that we can fully admit to Bobby Witt Jr being a complete bust, worse player, Witt or Neifi???

Ugh...next time I bang your mom I'm not even going to let her enjoy it ( not saying she ever has).

But I still think BWJ will be fine. I'm more pissed that this year's Chris Owings is Carlos Santana. DM always has to have an old declining guy blocking a young guy for some weird reason.

Ugh...next time I bang your mom I'm not even going to let her enjoy it ( not saying she ever has).

But I still think BWJ will be fine. I'm more pissed that this year's Chris Owings is Carlos Santana. DM always has to have an old declining guy blocking a young guy for some weird reason.

Owings>BWJ, fact. Dude, BWJ is terrrrrrible. He's 5-44 now LOLOLOLOLOL not even Gordon was that bad. neifi thinks that's bad. Look at Jarred Kelenic. Dude is even worse than BWJ and has been in the Majors a longer. Why he is still up is beyond me. They both are busts. I saw it game 1 that BWJ wasn't close. He's not and the longer they keep him out there, the less likely he can turn it around. They NEED to send him down and get confidence before it's too late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT