ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

Taurasi was so bad that she went to starter to DNP over the course of six Olympic games, including not playing a second of the Gold Medal game. She may have received a sixth Gold Medal, but that was a gift given to her, that she didn't deserve.
What a wasted opportunity for USA basketball...
Taurasi got her 6th. Caitlin will now be lucky to go to three Olympic games.

CC met with the Yankees in NY. The Yankees were "star-struck". Caitlin would have been the most popular athlete in Paris behind Lebron, Biles, and Stephen.

CC's early play did not establish "ball handling" and taking care of the ball as strengths.

The claim that "her teammates hadn't adjusted to her play" would be the same issue getting pushed onto a team/group she had zero time playing with.

TOs nearly cost Team USA the gold medal.
Any response to the part my post you left out?

She lead the league in minutes during those 11 games and averaged 15/5/5. Do you know how many players can say they reach those averages in a season this year? None.

I'm sure you'll mention her turnovers, but if you actually watch the games, its quite obvious that her turnovers and assists were negatively affected by her teammates.

Curious.. how did Chelsea Gray and Brittney Griner do the first 11 games of the season?

Any response to the part my post you left out?
Posted for you quite a few times already. She leads the league in TOs. By a large margin.
Big liability with the physical play and defensive intensity in the Olympics. Major reason her team started the season 2-9.

In fact, the TOs have not improved from the first 6 games to the last 6. An aspect of her game she needs to iron out.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
I've watched every televised game; her TOs were brutal early on (she already holds the WNBA season record).
You seem to have no response to that point.
We all have... multiple times. Now why won't you answer these:

Is 15/5/5 good? How many people average that in season?

Did her teammates negatively affect her turnovers and assists at all earlier in the year (and still)?

How did Griner and Gray do their first 11 games in comparion to CC?

Damn it, I said I wouldn't drawn back in to this thread and it lasted all of 14 seconds. You and Fran are like Sub-Zero and Scorpion

Reactions: Moral
ferris-bueller-ferris-buellers-day-off.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
Taurasi got her 6th. Caitlin will now be lucky to go to three Olympic games.

CC met with the Yankees in NY. The Yankees were "star-struck". Caitlin would have been the most popular athlete in Paris behind Lebron, Biles, and Stephen.
It really was a pathetic move to not capitalize on her star power. Really stupid, quite frankly. Only a complete moron would defend her exclusion from the Olympic roster. Hilarious these lezis are so jealous of her that they wouldn’t want to use this stage to promote the game globally. Instead they put out their classic awful brand of lady ballers who are unathletic and boring to watch.

No; you haven't.
Her early play was too error-prone to merit consideration. You continue to not focus on those stats, and instead post about her recent play.
I've only been talking about the early season games. In those first 11 games you're so worried about, she averaged 17.3 points, 6.9 assists, and 5.5 rebounds per game. Is that good or no? How many players average that over the course of a year? How did Griner and Gray do in those 11 games?

I've only been talking about the early season games. In those first 11 games you're so worried about, she averaged 17.3 points, 6.9 assists, and 5.5 rebounds per game.
First 6 games, 1.19 Assist/TO ratio.
Not stellar.

Her overall game rating in those games was nothing spectacular. In her last 6 games, overall game rating was well above many Team USA players. I've posted this for you quite a few times now, which is what Dawn Staley alluded to, and why I posted that interview.

So no answer.

I answered. You don't like the answer.
Her Game Efficiency in the first 6 games was a little more than 10 (again, TOs)

Nothing spectacular. Other guards on Team USA have ratings higher than that; some by quite a lot (>15).

Her last 6 games, that rating is >18, which is as good or better than most of the Team USA players.

If you bothered to watch Team USA Olympic games, TOs were a big problem against physical defenses. Same thing Clark has struggled with early on.

For those wondering, Clark averaged 16.1 points, 7.4 assists, and 6.0 rebounds per game in her first six games. Only one person has ever done that in the history of the WNBA over a full season (Alyssa Thomas).

And also for those wondering, Griner and Gray didn't play in the first 11 games of the season.

Now tell how many TOs she had (one game with double digit TOs)
We have all acknowledged that turnovers are something she needs to work on but to use that as your gotcha argument is laughable, especailly since we all watched her teammates fumbled 2-3 away a game and miss 2-3 layups a game from her amazing passes. How was Griner and Gray's assist to turnover ratio in those all important 6 games?

Goddddddd, the assist to turnover argument is so tired. I thought I was over this stupid stat when CMAC left but here we are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT