ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

CC's shooting percentage isn't great so far, but most of that is she's carrying an even bigger load of the scoring so far.

Martin and especially Marshall, are really struggling offensively.

Stuelke needs to shoot more, as well. She's almost too unselfish.
Imagine her shooting percentage if she wasn't constantly draped or double teamed the whole game. Other teams are doing everything to defend her. She's going to miss shots.

Until other shooting threats emerge, thats just how its going to be.

Her overall shooting percentage is currently the highest of her career (48.7%). Her 3P% of 40.2% is better than last season (38.9%) and only slightly lower than her career-best (40.6%) during her freshman season.
For reference, Steve Kerr has the highest 3pt% ever at 45.5%. Steph Curry is at 42.7 and Clay Thompson is at 41.4. Kobe shot 32.9 for his career.

For reference, Steve Kerr has the highest 3pt% ever at 45.5%. Steph Curry is at 42.7 and Clay Thompson is at 41.4. Kobe shot 32.9 for his career.
Yep. Caitlin is doing just fine. It might seem
like her shooting percentage is down, but that’s only because if she has a rare off night and only goes 9-for-32 it makes national news.

She's also getting dinged because her assists are down. having the rest of the team shoot 1-10 from three and no MC shooting 70% inside makes her look more 'selfish' this year.

It was only 4 team fouls so it should have been a floor foul and Iowa possession.

However, shot clock resets to 30 and the game clock was at 29. So Iowa could theoretically would have had last shot with a tied ballgame.
I am fairly sure the shot clock would only reset to 20, not 30, after a foul there in Iowa’s frontcourt. If the foul is in the backcourt, it would reset to 30. Similar to how the shot clock is set at 20 instead of 30 after a 10-second violation on the other team because the ball is inbounded in the frontcourt.

Just found a women’s shot clock rules document online that stated the shot clock would only reset to 20 on that frontcourt foul because the shot clock was below 20. If it was above 20, it would stay at its current time.

I am fairly sure the shot clock would only reset to 20, not 30, after a foul there in Iowa’s frontcourt. If the foul is in the backcourt, it would reset to 30. Similar to how the shot clock is set at 20 instead of 30 after a 10-second violation on the other team because the ball is inbounded in the frontcourt.

Just found a women’s shot clock rules document online that stated the shot clock would only reset to 20 on that frontcourt foul because the shot clock was below 20. If it was above 20, it would stay at its current time.
Interesting. I was not aware of that rule.

29 more pts tonight.
3218 career

Could pass Brittney Griner for the #4 all time points spot against Indiana on 1/13 (3283 pts)

On pace to take the #1 Women's spot against Michigan on 2/15 (3527), and with 5 postseason games (BTT and NCAAs) could eclipse 3800, well beyond Maravich's 3667 Men's record.

Best fan T shirt at the game:

"My Roman Empire is #22 Caitlin Clark"

(Are you not entertained!!!???)

Reactions: VodkaSam
11/3/3 1Q line
16/3/7 Halftime line
26/10/10 Final (per statcast)

Could be another Triple-Double watch...

Last edited:
That was a bad call, should have counted. I get being upset at that, but she has whined and complained all game so far. Just missed a layup and apparently thought she was fouled.

Clark will need another 40-spot to pass Griner against Indiana.

More likely we'll have to wait until the Wisc game (only on Peacock) for moving into the #4 spot for career points.

Next 2 are Stiles and Mitchell at 3393 and 3402; decent chance to catch them by the end of January.

Is it weird that I enjoy watching Clark’s passing skills more than I enjoy watching her launch jumpshots from the logo?
same

I'm a middle school basketball coach and tell my boys all the time I get more excited about great passes than the player who gets the easy layup off the dish

Reactions: TJ8869
Having no knowledge of what went on here, why didn’t the shot count? I saw 5.6 seconds on the clock?
Perdue was going to foul right before half to get the ball out of her hands and make Iowa inbound the ball. Clark knew they were going to intentionally foul and took a shot right before the foul. It should have been a potentially 4 point play or an intentional foul. The refs were just going through the motions on this one.

I like how I tune into the Hawkeyes App to listen to the WBB game on the WMT stream...

...and WMT link says it's the "Sean Hannity Show" that's on, when it's REALLY the "Caitlin Clark Show".

Whoa....."Bud Light - Proud Sponsor of Hawkeye Athletics!!!"

Who are the MAGAs that will now boycott the Hawks? 👀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT