ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

It is NOT part of their mission statement.
That is an Olympic mission statement, not that of the Team USA Selection committee.

If it was, they'd have considered it - they outright told you it was NOT a criteria for the team.
You continue to whine about this. Email them if you think they should have used it - the selection committee told you they were directed NOT to consider that. Whether that was Team USA or the Coach who directed them to ignore "popularity" is unknown. Ask them.
Odd. USA basketball disagrees with you. Notice there is no mention of an Olympic mission statement.

Our Mission

As the governing body for basketball in the United States, USA Basketball is a worldwide leader in the sport through competitive excellence in international competition and by promoting, growing and elevating the game at all levels

You seem to lack the ability to remember things, look them up or be correct in this thread so I just re posted it

It's literally in the thread, spud.

Posts are here claiming Reese's rebounding numbers "don't matter" because she's rebounding her own misses.
Then, their brains shift gears and look at the shiny Christmas lights of Caitlin assists, ignoring the turnovers and poor shooting percentages early on.

CC was not playing like an All-Star early on; she has certainly changed that since June and the statistics completely support that statement.
Ok. But you’re wrong. Your brand of neurodivergence won’t accept it. But here we are, claiming AR is rookie of the year over CC. Anyone who has even played rec league can see it.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
You can’t just make up your own fake history.
Ummm, can I introduce you to Joe? One would think he is physically exhausted from lifting the goal posts up and moving them but he moves forward. Joe hasn’t had the stats or facts on his side this thread but he keeps trying. Kind of reminds me of the kid pushing on the door for hours when it’s actually a pull door. Keep pushing Joe, it’s the door that’s wrong.

Reactions: TJ8869
Angel Reece value is way overstated relative to her team.

The primary objective is to score. You score more points than your opponent and you win. It's that simple.

Rebounding is a secondary component to the game.

The Sky is 10 games below .500.

Nuff said.

Fever on a roll baby!
They’re developing a killer instinct. They’ve been closing out games very strong since the break.

They start a 6-game home stand on Wednesday against Los Angeles and their next win guarantees them a playoff spot. It’s possible they will clinch a spot even before the next time they take the court. Atlanta plays at Los Angeles tonight and at Phoenix on Tuesday. Chicago plays at Las Vegas on Tuesday. If the Aces beat the Sky and Atlanta loses either tonight or Tuesday then the Fever will clinch.

They’re developing a killer instinct. They’ve been closing out games very strong since the break.

They start a 6-game home stand on Wednesday against Los Angeles and their next win guarantees them a playoff spot. It’s possible they will clinch a spot even before the next time they take the court. Atlanta plays at Los Angeles tonight and at Phoenix on Tuesday. Chicago plays at Las Vegas on Tuesday. If the Aces beat the Sky and Atlanta loses either tonight or Tuesday then the Fever will clinch.
Karma is a bitch. Someone is not used to being on a losing team that is looking unlikely to make the playoffs. When those things happen she will throw the team under the bus......and there will be no portal where she can decide where she plays next year.

How do the playoffs in the WNBA work? Are they one loss and done, a series, or a combination?

How do the playoffs in the WNBA work? Are they one loss and done, a series, or a combination?
I’m still new to all of this but I think the following information is correct.

Round One is best of three and is seeded based on overall league standings, not conference standings. Standard matchup pairing - 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, and 4/5.

Games 1 and 2 are played at the better seed’s home court and Game 3 if necessary is played at the lesser seed’s home court.

The semifinals are best of 5. There is no reseeding after the first round, so the 1/8 winner plays the 4/5 winner and the 2/7 winner plays the 3/6 winner. The better seed hosts Games 1 and 2. The lesser seed hosts Game 3 and, if necessary, Game 4. If Game 5 is necessary then the better seed hosts it.

The finals are also best of 5 and follow the same format as the semifinals.

Reactions: gohawks50
I’m still new to all of this but I think the following information is correct.

Round One is best of three and is seeded based on overall league standings, not conference standings. Standard matchup pairing - 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, and 4/5.

Games 1 and 2 are played at the better seed’s home court and Game 3 if necessary is played at the lesser seed’s home court.

The semifinals are best of 5. There is no reseeding after the first round, so the 1/8 winner plays the 4/5 winner and the 2/7 winner plays the 3/6 winner. The better seed hosts Games 1 and 2. The lesser seed hosts Game 3 and, if necessary, Game 4. If Game 5 is necessary then the better seed hosts it.

The finals are also best of 5 and follow the same format as the semifinals.
So if 8 beats 1 the 4-5 winner would get the home game advantage in the next round?

Reactions: TJ8869
I’m well aware that the committee said it wasn’t part of their criteria. My point is that it should have at least been considered.

Not the Committee's decision.
Email the Coach; she would have had the input over the Committee.

And it does not seem you were "well aware" throughout most of this thread, where you complained about it.

You’re just blatantly lying here. I’ve posted the start dates for the past several Olympics. They are a matter of historical record.
I posted them, too. Along w/ the Final Four dates

This year there was about 1 month LESS TIME between them than the past 5-6 Olympics.

It absolutely IS part of their mission statement.

Our Mission

As the governing body for basketball in the United States, USA Basketball is a worldwide leader in the sport through competitive excellence in international competition and by promoting, growing and elevating the game at all levels while ensuring that athletes and other participants compete and develop in a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.

Link
Kewl; has nothing to do with the criteria they were given.

Complain to USA Basketball and the Lynx coach, then.

Angel Reece value is way overstated relative to her team.

The primary objective is to score. You score more points than your opponent and you win. It's that simple.

Rebounding is a secondary component to the game.

The Sky is 10 games below .500.

Nuff said.
Reese shoots poorly; she collects lots of boards, but she has a terrible shooting percentage that hurts her team.

Not unlike early -season CC, who turned the ball over time and time again, costing her team lots of games.
Once she adjusted and had better TO numbers, her team has likewise won games.

In fact, early season Reese had better metrics than CC did.

• Wow
Reactions: Kelsers
I posted them, too. Along w/ the Final Four dates

This year there was about 1 month LESS TIME between them than the past 5-6 Olympics.
That is 100% false. Why do you keep emphatically repeating something that is 100% false?

1*Mee7-ot6F4iMBPzUAsBm9Q.jpeg

Now you have resorted to changing my post?
Another futile attempt.
Nice ethics.
It's part of the process. Earlier in this thread he made up a completely fake quote and attributed it to me. Stone cold lying is an integral part of his posting style.

Never said that.

I stated he was not "one of the greatest".
There are dozens who were superior players over the years.
And here I thought 5-time champion Hall of Famers who were on the NBA 75th anniversary team would be considered among the greatest. Silly me! 🤣🤣

And here I thought 5-time champion Hall of Famers who were on the NBA 75th anniversary team would be considered among the greatest. Silly me! 🤣🤣
So he's #75

Like I said: I can name a few dozen better than him. And all of those names are on that same list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT