ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

It’s good to see the streak of you being wrong continue.
What is the next "goalpost shift" for you and your buds. Let's recap:

• She is the most popular player of all time
    (irrelevant, and not on the Committee's charter and they said so)
  • She played better than Taurasi
    (so? Taurasi tried out. Clark didn't.)
  • Taurasi shouldn't have been on the team
    (so? Clark didn't warrant a spot, either; several other WNBA guards who warranted a spot, though)
  • Olympic committee is supposed to grow the game
    (so? Not on the Committee's charter and they said so; someone didn't want that as a selection criteria)
  • Clark couldn't attend camp because of NCAAs
    (irrelevant; you don't try out, you don't merit a spot)
  • Olympic Committee intentionally scheduled to keep her from trying out
    (nice conspiracy element, but gap between FF and Olympics was shorter than it has been since 2000)
  • Clark is setting records!
    (so? Her early play was not great. Good, but not great)

What did I miss here? Those goalposts have moved about everywhere we can possibly put them by this point.

Fairly sizeable shift.....from #75 to 1/2 the list.
No; I think he's at the bottom end. I simply stated there are easily half the players who are better.
And few would argue otherwise. Apparently, not you. To you, he's The Greatest NBA Player Ever.

Hell, there are probably 20 playing right now to rank ahead of him.

I posted them, too. Along w/ the Final Four dates

This year there was about 1 month LESS TIME between them than the past 5-6 Olympics.
Can you share what you consider to be 'a month'?

Range 18. Waiting for that magical month of 18 days. Looking at the calendar....still not seeing it.
Average 119.5.

It's why I've posted game efficiency numbers for you: so you don't keep focusing on one or two individual stats.
"Not unlike early -season CC, who turned the ball over time and time again"
Joe focusing on one or two individual stats.

"That 1-for-7 from 3 pt range was Greatest All Star Of All Time level stuff!!!"
Joe focusing on one individual stat.

"and hers was poor early on at 1:1"
Joe focusing on one individual stat

"Her ratio was 1:1"
Joe focusing on one individual stat

Man am I so happy that you don't focus on just one or two individual stats. There is a movement afoot to change hypocrisy to 'Joecrisy' as he has become the leader in field.

Go complain to Nate Silver. It's his website that posted the value of steals. Probably because they alter the play of the offense after getting the ball taken.
The next time Nate Silver posts his information trying to support his position I will. Until then the person(Joe) who feebly attempted to inject the magical 9.1 point steal from a decade old article about a different league will need to be called out on it. FYI Nate had a graph that supported the 9.1 point steal. Nice theory about graphs not lying.

Sure, she could
She just chose to play w/ her Iowa teammates in the Final Four

And, as has already been pointed out to you very early in the thread - this year there was about 1 month less between the FF weekend and Olympics than in prior years. Ergo, in past years, FF would have been 2-3 weeks sooner relative to Olympic team cutoffs.

But, by all means, keep pushing your "conspiracy" nonsense.
So you’re suggesting that CC should have skipped the Final 4 with her college teammates to try out for the Olympic team?

"Not unlike early -season CC, who turned the ball over time and time again"
Joe focusing on one or two individual stats.
Responding to folks like YOU, who kept parroting a couple stats.
Ignoring crappy shooting percentages that dragged her efficiency down.

Kind of like the All-Star game, where she went 1-7 from 3 pt range. Playing against (and with) players who all could have been on the Olympic team. Only, she was not the star that day (at all). Future years, she probably will be. Not her rookie year.

IIRC, my post indicated "3-4 weeks"

And 2021 was a year.
2021 was a year after a Final Four that never happened because it was canceled due to COVID. But here's the thing you might not know - there was a Final Four in 2021. The semifinals were on April 2 and the championship game was on April 4.

USA Basketball officially announced the Olympic roster 78 days later, on June 21. You can read all about it here.

The 2020 Tokyo Olympics started on July 23, 2021. 110 days after the college basketball season concluded and just 32 days after USA Basketball officially announced Team USA's roster.

Man, you face-planted again.

Responding to folks like YOU, who kept parroting a couple stats.
Ignoring crappy shooting percentages that dragged her efficiency down.

Kind of like the All-Star game, where she went 1-7 from 3 pt range. Playing against (and with) players who all could have been on the Olympic team. Only, she was not the star that day (at all). Future years, she probably will be. Not her rookie year.
Pro tip for Joe
Don’t focus on one or two stats. There is a poster named Joe who doesn’t like it. He only does it.

Ergo "I won't bother reading something posted on his site, because it destroys my arguments here"
You cannot provide counter-arguments, only more nonsense.
Counter arguments to the magical “9.1 point steal’?
I am still working on ‘a month with 18 days’ someone here(Joe) posted about that magical month’s existence.

You posted a bad link to a decade old story on a different league. Really the only counter argument needed. Be better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT