ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa Hawkeye Flintstones

“In an age of offensive revolution, the Hawkeyes were the football Flintstones. They turned out a stone-age performance…..”

Thanks for this…. It echoed what I had thought. That scoring was down nationwide and I think it probably was in the NFL too. That certainly doesn’t forgive are ineptitude or even remotely, explain it. We had other issues. I just find it interesting that scoring is suddenly going down after many years of going up.

I also find it interesting that although they do take plenty of jabs at Iowa they also say plenty of nice things about them, too…

It’s why I don’t understand some of you guys and your angst over the media coverage and supposed embarrassment, but I’m assuming it’s your own agendas, that keep you from seeing the pleasantries?!

Last edited:
Thanks for this…. It echoed what I had thought. That scoring was down nationwide and I think it probably was in the NFL too. That certainly doesn’t forgive are in Aptos or even remotely. Explain it… We had other issues I just find it interesting that scoring is suddenly going down after many years of going up.

I also find it interesting that although they do take plenty of jabs at Iowa they also say plenty of nice things about them, too…

It’s why I don’t understand some of you guys and your angst over the media coverage and supposed embarrassment, but I’m assuming it’s your own agendas, that keep you from seeing the pleasantries?!
The only good thing said was that Iowa’s defense scraped out eight wins.

The only good thing said was that Iowa’s defense scraped out eight wins.

The tone wasn’t bad at all. In fact, they said “of course Iowa will be Iowa”… That in and of itself means, I always an amazing program, and they always find ways to win!

Much like life, how you take things depends on what kind of mentality you have. Whether your naturally positive or negative and whether you take things too seriously or not!

I certainly wouldn’t post something that framed me in the always negative or “upset” crowd. That’s no way to live. Kind of surprised a smart guy like you doesn’t understand that.

Thanks for this…. It echoed what I had thought. That scoring was down nationwide and I think it probably was in the NFL too. That certainly doesn’t forgive are ineptitude or even remotely, explain it. We had other issues. I just find it interesting that scoring is suddenly going down after many years of going up.

"Nevermind that the transmission slips, the paint is peeling, and it smells like someone pissed the backseat.....it still starts, drives straight, and look at those shiny new tires we just put on it"!!!

"Nevermind that the transmission slips, the paint is peeling, and it smells like someone pissed the backseat.....it still starts, drives straight, and look at those shiny new tires we just put on it"!!!
If that's a comparison to our offense you have to include some sweeta$$ rims!

FWIW….I’d wager if I POLLED the board and I asked whose opinion you would trust most, you’d be at the bottom of the list….

So there’s that !!

Last edited:
Well hell in this new era wins are waaaaaaay overrated. You just gotta rack up 700 yards. We don't need to win.

For what it’s worth of all the guys on this board that piss and moan & are nasty, steamboats not even in the middle tier. He’s actually a pretty decent guy. I think he just likes ****ing with people honestly!

I am so glad fans are still taking cheap shots at their own team

It’s odd, really….and I’ve honestly come to appreciate some of those cats! They aren’t as hard core as they are contrarian and honestly, they are right the O sucks, it doesn’t have to and whoever is in charge of fixing it needs to get it done!!!

But over & over & over…holy snikes, man.

The same guy that presides over that disaster is also the architect of a pretty damn fine football team over the years or the 2000s I should say and I’m not willing to blow that all up!!!

So again, you don’t have to look too far to be at least semi positive!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT