ADVERTISEMENT

The Media Sucks and is Tearing this Country apart.

I see the Republicans scheduling talks with people they disagree with. I've even seen the Republicans ridiculed for being willing to speak with someone who offers such a vast difference of opinion. With dems, you either buy the company line or you are the problem. Shit, look at what they do to each other when they differ.
You might be exhibit A for what I described above.

That seems to be your perspective. 😏
See how that works?

She said 1/6 was “legitimate political discourse.”

Hundreds convicted, millions in damages, numerous injuries, offices invaded, politicians in danger … legitimate political discourse.

That’s not a perspective. That’s a lie.

I think this an ideological take by someone with a right wing perspective.

There is definitely left leaning media with a liberal bent. There is also right leaning media with a conservative bent. People with strong ideological leanings seldom if ever venture outside of their media silos and tend to only only seek out information that supports their world view. When presented with information from neutral or alternative sources, it is summarily dismissed and seen as "fake news" or information that cannot be trusted.
I think the difference is that conservatives as a whole are happy keeping things the same, whereas progressives are always trying to push the envelope on new ideas.

Most conservatives would likely be ok with things going back to the political climate and policies we had in place in 2000. Where as progressives have been pushing the social movement for immigration, blm, crt, white privilege, climate change, social welfare, etc.

In my opinion, pushing untested ideas that the left pushes is more dangerous than being slow to change on things like the republicans are.

An analogy of this is, your wife mentions she wants to paint the bathroom. A democrat would go out and paint the whole house and spend 10 times what the wife wanted to spend, and he did not get any input of colors. This may or may not make the wife happy.
Whereas, A republican would spend a lot of time going through colors and 3 years later the room still isn't painted because noone could agree on the perfect colors.

Neither option is ideal, but this is why we need compromise between the 2 parties. Dems force republicans to make a decision so they can get stuff done, while republicans slow down the dems from acting before they had a chance to think about what they are doing and potentially causing more harm than good.

Hundreds convicted, millions in damages, numerous injuries, offices invaded, politicians in danger … legitimate political discourse.

Yeah. If that's what she said, that's not a fact based opinion. That's a lie.

This is an interesting data set, although the relevant information does not distinguish where the respondents gathered information to form the varying opinions on numbers.
What Is the reason "legacy media" was referenced in OP?

The average age of the poll participants (44) indicates that a percentage of them gather their "news" information from "social media" and rarely, if ever, consume legacy media. Unfortunately, there is a segment of our society that feels anyone with a podcast or has numerous followers on X, Insta, and Facebook is part of the media entity that forms and shapes their opinions.

The larger data set has some interesting numbers associated

Disinformation from republicans? The dems are the kings of disinformation. They have lied about the hunter laptop, russia trump collusion, white on black police violence, covid, transgenderism, ukraine, censorship.

Basically every mainstream topic has been made worse because democrats lie about the topic. They have a deep ingrained refusal to ever admit they were wrong, so the only path forward is more lies.
You sound brainwashed.

The same thing happen with the BLM riots, except the left refused to prosecute people due to politics.

I agree 1/6 was a protest that got out of hand, It might be able to be considered a riot, but to say it was an insurrection is a lie as well. This works both ways.

WMD in Iraq seems like only yesterday…

The best misinformation comes from the government.

That was certainly one of them for sure. Back then it wasn't as bad as it is today. It just seems like COVID gave everyone carte blanche to post anything they wanted and put it in hyperdrive

I think the difference is that conservatives as a whole are happy keeping things the same, whereas progressives are always trying to push the envelope on new ideas.

Most conservatives would likely be ok with things going back to the political climate and policies we had in place in 2000. Where as progressives have been pushing the social movement for immigration, blm, crt, white privilege, climate change, social welfare, etc.

In my opinion, pushing untested ideas that the left pushes is more dangerous than being slow to change on things like the republicans are.

An analogy of this is, your wife mentions she wants to paint the bathroom. A democrat would go out and paint the whole house and spend 10 times what the wife wanted to spend, and he did not get any input of colors. This may or may not make the wife happy.
Whereas, A republican would spend a lot of time going through colors and 3 years later the room still isn't painted because noone could agree on the perfect colors.

Neither option is ideal, but this is why we need compromise between the 2 parties. Dems force republicans to make a decision so they can get stuff done, while republicans slow down the dems from acting before they had a chance to think about what they are doing and potentially causing more harm than good.
The world isnt a static place. It changes and changes dictate changes in perspective and policies. People by nature are resistant to change. As a society, we are at our best when alternative viewpoints utilize the power of persuasion through civil discourse to decide which policies are in the best interests of society. That's not happening today because civil discourse is dead, and people rarely venture outside their safe space to hear alternative viewpoints or have their's questioned. It's becoming a death march for democracy and this society as we know it.

Reactions: Hawk_82
The same thing happen with the BLM riots, except the left refused to prosecute people due to politics.

I agree 1/6 was a protest that got out of hand, It might be able to be considered a riot, but to say it was an insurrection is a lie as well. This works both ways.

It was a riot and it was an insurrection, which is “a violent uprising against an authority or government.” If violently attacking a seat of government isn’t an insurrection, I don’t know what is.

Don’t keep minimizing it. Own it.

Reactions: peacehawk

100's of people were prosecuted for serious offenses arising out of the protests that occurred, and rightly so. Protests are not illegal. Violence and destruction of property are and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Most of the people that were there on January 6th acted within their rights as peaceful protestors. It's already been proven that at least a subset of the people involved in that event were there to foment violence that day and if you assaulted officers or entered the Capitol after it was breached you broke the law. When you say things like "might be able to be considered a riot" when police were being physically assaulted, legislators were running in fear, and people were building a gallows for Mike Pence while smashing through the windows and doors of the Capitol, you show the world how you see things. That's simply not a clear or honest perspective of the day's events.

That was certainly one of them for sure. Back then it wasn't as bad as it is today. It just seems like COVID gave everyone carte blanche to post anything they wanted and put it in hyperdrive
I think Covid was a major turning point for a lot of people. It was the first time that the government propaganda affected everyone in the entire country. It didn't matter if you were a billionaire in NYC or a farmer in rural Iowa, you were affected.

The government told us a lot of things that turned out to be false and since it affected people personally, they were able to form their own educated opinion about it.

The gov. wanted all kids to get vaccinated and to close down schools, but when people saw their own kids barely get sick from it and the issues that being out of school caused, they became suspicious of what the gov was saying.

Trans issues are another big issue that has raised suspicion about the propaganda being spread by the gov. Everyone has their own beliefs on trans and you do not need any special education to understand the issue. This has raised a lot of suspicion from a lot of people about who the government is actually serving.

It was a riot and it was an insurrection, which is “a violent uprising against an authority or government.” If violently attacking a seat of government isn’t an insurrection, I don’t know what is.

Don’t keep minimizing it. Own it.
"violently attacking" would imply that there was shootout or at least a large amount of physical fighting that caused severe injury or death. This is not true.

The only person who was shot, was shot by a capital police officer.

The attack on the capital caused $2,734,783 in damages. In comparison, BLM riots caused over $2 billion in damages.

So if you think Jan. 6 was an insurrection, I would say BLM riots were a terrorist attack.

Yes, Reagan and Bush were liberals from the 2020's.
Brilliant take as usual.

"violently attacking" would imply that there was shootout or at least a large amount of physical fighting that caused severe injury or death. This is not true.

The attack on the capital caused $2,734,783 in damages. In comparison, BLM riots caused over $2 billion in damages.

So if you think Jan. 6 was an insurrection, I would say BLM riots were a terrorist attack.
You really need to get outside of your bubble for some perspective.

The only person who was shot, was shot by a capital police officer.[/URL]

No, “violently attacking” would imply the use of violence by the perpetrators. Have you read any of the guilty pleas? LEO injuries?

Stop trying to defend 1/6. You are actually now claiming it wasn’t a violent attack. Do you call them scamps? Ragamuffins?

Reactions: BelemNole
100's of people were prosecuted for serious offenses arising out of the protests that occurred, and rightly so. Protests are not illegal. Violence and destruction of property are and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Most of the people that were there on January 6th acted within their rights as peaceful protestors. It's already been proven that at least a subset of the people involved in that event were there to foment violence that day and if you assaulted officers or entered the Capitol after it was breached you broke the law. When you say things like "might be able to be considered a riot" when police were being physically assaulted, legislators were running in fear, and people were building a gallows for Mike Pence while smashing through the windows and doors of the Capitol, you show the world how you see things. That's simply not a clear or honest perspective of the day's events.
I have no problem prosecuting people who entered the capital, caused damage, or created havoc.

I do have a problem with prosecuting people depending on their political affiliation. Steve Baker is a good example of this, he is a journalist who entered the capital and is being prosecuted despite other left leaning journalists not being prosecuted. There is also video of him just standing in the corner watching (like journalists do).

I also have a problem with blaming Trump for what happened on Jan 6. He encouraged a protest, but that doesn't mean he is responsible for what individuals do at the protest.

What exactly do you think that graph proves?
That a large contingency of Dems live in a bubble...just like MAGAs do. These same 41% however, who were burning doctors in effigy who dared speak out against this shit, are now all acting as if they were completely on board and open to everything since day 1. See the school closings thread.

• Haha
You really need to get outside of your bubble for some perspective.
I have a problem with dems claiming Jan 6 was an insurrection by trump but they are willing to ignore the violent protests caused by the BLM riots. I think the perspective has to go both ways.

• Haha
A source does not mean something is right or wrong. Bad sources are right all the time, it's up to the individual to determine if the information is credible.

I'm assuming you have a more credible source that proves this wrong.
This is AMAZING coming from the guy that uses well known Russian propaganda sites as his sources occasionally.

Yes there is. And you’ll be happy to know that I corrected the post. And oddly enough, it did nothing to make that group of insane Dems look any better or less gullible.
It is alllllmost incomprehensible that anyone from the right could beat their chest over gullibility. But then I remember these same people purchased Trump endorsed bibles, NFT's, and gold shoes, supported MyPillow guy's stop the steal campaign, and supported Steve Bannon's Wall Fund. So then it all makes sense.

They’ve always peddled their wars with lies:

A new report by the British Parliament shows that the 2011 NATO war in Libya was based on an array of lies.

"Libya: Examination of intervention and collapse and the UK’s future policy options," an investigation by the House of Commons' bipartisan Foreign Affairs Committee, strongly condemns the U.K.'s role in the war, which toppled the government of Libya's leader Muammar Qaddafi and plunged the North African country into chaos.

"We have seen no evidence that the UK Government carried out a proper analysis of the nature of the rebellion in Libya," the report states. "UK strategy was founded on erroneous assumptions and an incomplete understanding of the evidence."

The Foreign Affairs Committee concludes that the British government "failed to identify that the threat to civilians was overstated and that the rebels included a significant Islamist element."

The Libya inquiry, which was launched in July 2015, is based on more than a year of research and interviews with politicians, academics, journalists and more. The report, which was released on Sept. 14, reveals the following:

• Qaddafi was not planning to massacre civilians. This myth was exaggerated by rebels and Western governments, which based their intervention on little intelligence.
  • The threat of Islamist extremists, which had a large influence in the uprising, was ignored — and the NATO bombing made this threat even worse, giving ISIS a base in North Africa.
  • France, which initiated the military intervention, was motivated by economic and political interests, not humanitarian ones.
  • The uprising — which was violent, not peaceful — would likely not have been successful were it not for foreign military intervention and aid. Foreign media outlets, particularly Qatar's Al Jazeera and Saudi Arabia's Al Arabiya, also spread unsubstantiated rumors about Qaddafi and the Libyan government.
  • The NATO bombing plunged Libya into a humanitarian disaster, killing thousands of people and displacing hundreds of thousands more, transforming Libya from the African country with the highest standard of living into a war-torn failed state.

I have no problem prosecuting people who entered the capital, caused damage, or created havoc.
These are the only people who have been prosecuted.
I do have a problem with prosecuting people depending on their political affiliation. Steve Baker is a good example of this, he is a journalist who entered the capital and is being prosecuted despite other left leaning journalists not being prosecuted. There is also video of him just standing in the corner watching (like journalists do).
So you say you have no problem prosecuting people that did this, but some guy who was right there with them gets a free pass simply because he has a press credential??

From the charges:

In another part of the Capitol, the affidavit says, Baker “antagonized" police officers who tried to keep him on the other side of a doorjamb, repeatedly asking, “Are you going to use that (gun) on us?” He remained inside the building for approximately 37 minutes before police led him out of the Capitol, according to the FBI.

The FBI agent's affidavit cites several statements that Baker made during and after the riot. After leaving the Capitol, he told a local television station that he was “quite excited to see this going on."

“Do I approve of what happened today? I approve 100%,” he said, according to the affidavit.

Baker also told the station that approximately 20 to 30 people were inside then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office “at the time that I got there.” In a video uploaded to a YouTube channel on Jan. 6, Baker also referred to Pelosi with a sexist expletive.

“The only thing I regret is that I didn’t like steal their computers because God knows what I could’ve found on their computers if I’d done that. But by the time I got into Pelosi’s office, unfortunately there was some damage done,” Baker said, according to the FBI.

This guy needed to be charged along with everyone else who breached the capital that day.

I also have a problem with blaming Trump for what happened on Jan 6. He encouraged a protest, but that doesn't mean he is responsible for what individuals do at the protest.
Legal discussion aside, as the outgoing president, Trump was responsible for ensuring the peaceful transfer of power. He did everything he could post election to ensure that didn't happen, including false accusations of fraud and blaming his Vice President and members of Congress for disenfranchisement of that entire group of people who was there that day. He poured the gasoline and then on January 6th he lit the match. And then from the White House the piece of shit sat and watched and enjoyed the results of his efforts as others pleaded with him to call off his supporters.

These are the only people who have been prosecuted.

So you say you have no problem prosecuting people that did this, but some guy who was right there with them gets a free pass simply because he has a press credential??

From the charges:

In another part of the Capitol, the affidavit says, Baker “antagonized" police officers who tried to keep him on the other side of a doorjamb, repeatedly asking, “Are you going to use that (gun) on us?” He remained inside the building for approximately 37 minutes before police led him out of the Capitol, according to the FBI.

The FBI agent's affidavit cites several statements that Baker made during and after the riot. After leaving the Capitol, he told a local television station that he was “quite excited to see this going on."

“Do I approve of what happened today? I approve 100%,” he said, according to the affidavit.

Baker also told the station that approximately 20 to 30 people were inside then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office “at the time that I got there.” In a video uploaded to a YouTube channel on Jan. 6, Baker also referred to Pelosi with a sexist expletive.

“The only thing I regret is that I didn’t like steal their computers because God knows what I could’ve found on their computers if I’d done that. But by the time I got into Pelosi’s office, unfortunately there was some damage done,” Baker said, according to the FBI.

This guy needed to be charged along with everyone else who breached the capital that day.

Legal discussion aside, as the outgoing president, Trump was responsible for ensuring the peaceful transfer of power. He did everything he could post election to ensure that didn't happen, including false accusations of fraud and blaming his Vice President and members of Congress for disenfranchisement of that entire group of people who was there that day. He poured the gasoline and then on January 6th he lit the match. And then from the White House the piece of shit sat and watched and enjoyed the results of his efforts as others pleaded with him to call off his supporters.
It's not worth arguing with that guy. You could tell him 2+2=4 and he'll be this guy...
DpQ9YJl.jpg

and attempt to tell you that you're wrong because someone said 2+2 actually doesn't equal 4 on some obscure website once.

Your view is skewed, to say the least.

And why do you keep coming back to BLM riots when someone brings up Jan 6. They aren't on the same plane when it comes to their cause, philosophy, and lasting outcome, no matter what dollar sign you peg it with.

I have a problem with dems claiming Jan 6 was an insurrection by trump but they are willing to ignore the violent protests caused by the BLM riots. I think the perspective has to go both ways.
I'm sorry, but I think your whataboutism is a huge part of what's killing this country. There were bad actors during the protests. I know of no one that is arguing that there weren't. The arguments from what I have primarily heard were regarding the conflating of thousands of peaceful protestors with those bad actors. This is about the leaders and their words and actions. Biden, while noting the right to peaceful protest, continously condemned those bad actors during and since those protests.

Trump inflamed his supporters, and when they acted upon it failed to stop them when people pleaded with him to do so. Now he call those same criminals hostages.

Everyone needs to think for themselves and grow the **** up, but I'm sure that's too much to ask of people today.

I agree to an extent.

How many states have now shown error in the voting process?

One would think someone saying

"It's all good"

And someone saying

"It's all corrupt"

Would lead to good conversation, that isn't what the dems wanted.

Again you are treating both sides as if they have equal standing. That is the definition of False Balance.

One side is back by evidence while the other is backed by baseless claims that have been disproven in courts across the country.

One has been proven true and one has been proven false damn near 100x.

Again you are treating both sides as if they have equal standing. That is the definition of False Balance.

One side is back by evidence while the other is backed by baseless claims that have been disproven in courts across the country.

One has been proven true and one has been proven false damn near 100x.
There are a multitude of examples of voter fraud.

That's why it's important to have these things open air, so facts can be heard.

"We don't want that girl on our team because she doesn't think like us" is middleschool shit.

There are a multitude of examples of voter fraud.

That's why it's important to have these things open air, so facts can be heard.

"We don't want that girl on our team because she doesn't think like us" is middleschool shit.
Multitudes of examples of voter fraud that cost Trump the 2020 presidency. Can you show your work?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT