ADVERTISEMENT

The most wonderful time of the year: what's on the Saturday menu for football?

With the Hawkeyes playing Miami (OH) tonight, I’m making mojo roast pork and Cubano sandwiches. Not sure what the boys are bringing over other than the usual assortment of TG bottling line rejects.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Just grabbed my Americano and about to head down to the fish markets to see what's fresh. 11:00 a.m. kick-off means a brunch. Was thinking crab cakes eggs benedict, buffalo crab fingers & ceviche.

Grilling BBQ chicken breasts and thigh/legs. Montreal chicken rub on them for a little kick, brushing it with Famous Dave’s Sweet & Zesty sauce. Also foil pack of Broccoli, lightly buttered with sea salt.

Side Note: I’m an Iowa male in my late 30’s who just tried Busch Lite a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised it wasn’t trash. I may get some today.

Grilling BBQ chicken breasts and thigh/legs. Montreal chicken rub on them for a little kick, brushing it with Famous Dave’s Sweet & Zesty sauce. Also foil pack of Broccoli, lightly buttered with sea salt.

Side Note: I’m an Iowa male in my late 30’s who just tried Busch Lite a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised it wasn’t trash. I may get some today.
I did the same about 7 years ago when I was in my late 30s. Low in carbs and is refreshing when it is ice cold.

With the Hawkeyes playing Miami (OH) tonight, I’m making mojo roast pork and Cubano sandwiches. Not sure what the boys are bringing over other than the usual assortment of TG bottling line rejects.
Just lit the smoker. Ribs going on in about 30 minutes to hit halftime of the 11 a.m. games.

Oven wings for the Iowa game. Black bean/corn/pepper/onion/tomato salad w/ lime/canola dressing for day game grazing.

A&W diet cream soda was on sale when I went to Hy-Vee last night. Was just gonna drink it. Now I'm thinking about getting a thing of vanilla ice cream later.

Chile con carne
Tamales verdes (carnitas)
Brownies

I just played two hours of pickup ball so I’m looking forward to a three-beer buzz.

You know, watching the first half of the Hawk game I noticed something...I really haven't missed football. Is it basketball season yet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT