ADVERTISEMENT

The New WBB Recruiting Thread

Nike Nationals "Junior" Division
By Mark Lewis, Blue Star Media

Breanna Beal – 2019 – 6-1 – Forward – Midwest Elite – Young…Length…Will grow…Good mobility and footwork…Physical on both ends of the floor…Soft touch and hands…Versatility…Inside – Out offensively…Size makes her an impact on defense

Crossover Captures Top Title At 11th Annual USJN Battle Of The Program
By Tony Bleill, Blue Star Media

... The Crossover got strong play from 5-foot-10 guard Deja Church (2017 with more than two dozen offers)... and 6-3 Alisia Smith (2017). They made things tough for MIdwest Elite, who might have had the best player on the floor. The Elite’s Breanna Beal was a one-person wrecking crew in a sublime do-it-all performance. Beal, a 6-0 guard who is versatile enough to post up or shoot confidently from three-point range, is likely to be ranked among the nation’s top 20 in the class of 2019 by Blue Star. (Midwest Elite played without 2017 star Sidney Cooks.)

https://twitter.com/goiowa?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I thought Coach Goldwire's comment about future crew was interesting. Was one of the four 2016 recruits visiting or could this mean Harris verballed?

I wouldn't read too much into her wording. If she, Harris or teammate had given a verbal Lacey would have been vague about it but said as she has in the past about some "outstanding" news. But getting one of Ty Harris' official visits is exciting news!

More 'Top Young Guns' visiting again this weekend!

Jan Jensen ‏@goiowa
B1G weekend in store!! It's homecoming @uiowa and we have some great Top Young Guns enroute! #B1G #BlackandGoldWeekend

WBB: Tyasha Harris—Heritage Christian (IN-2016)/Best Choice United—is down to six: Evansville Iowa Kentucky Purdue Rutgers South Carolina

Oakhawk, you mentioned that you watched Sidney Cooks this past summer. Do you know if Iowa is recruiting her? Also, how does Iowa stand with Myah Selland?

Ty Harris is taking her time to make sure. Mentions all the transfers in WBB these days.

I really don't have any idea. Her criteria does seem to match what Iowa is about. No transfers, team basketball, good team chemistry. We are also recruiting her teammate, Katlyn Gilbert. So it all seems like a good fit. I guess it will come down to what she feels.

Reactions: SynergyHawk12
Oak- are you somewhat surprised they are going after another guard vs. a big ?

Reactions: WAMJR
Oak- are you somewhat surprised they are going after another guard vs. a big ?

Harris would be an immediate difference maker with a good chance to become a nationally elite level player. Not just offensively but defensively.

She is the only athlete, guard or post that the staff is even interested in for that scholarship spot.

She could be a PG, 2G, or Wing. I think Iowa is happy with the two posts they have, Chase has three years, Megan four.

Last edited:
She could be a PG, 2G, or Wing. I think Iowa is happy with the two posts they have, Chase has three tears, Megan four.

Oak, I can't thank you enough for all of the info you put out here, but please don't use the word "tears" when referring to WBB.

Reactions: HIWILLE
6-0 Taylor Kissinger
6*1 Jinaya Houston
6-3 Alisia Smith
5-10 Deja Church
6-2 Myah Selland
5-11 Aly Reiff
5-9 Destiny Pitts

Last edited:
Kentucky is running off players left and right. Doesn't look like a family environment to me.

Tania and Lex Sevillian on her visit. Teammates reunited.

CSw_kEJWoAgVXRl.jpg

Tania, Alexis, the parents.

One more new thread on this forum and this thread would no longer be page one. With the early signing period beginning in just a couple of days, I would think there should be some news on Tyasha Harris. Regardless of who she chooses, Iowa has a fine class lined up to begin their careers next year and it is already very much guard oriented.

Early signing period starts Wednesday, November 11th and runs through Wednesday November 18th. Iowa expects to sign 4 on the 11th.

Oak, what is your prediction on Tyasha. Or is she going to wait until the spring.

Not sure on Ty. Iowa has hung in there as she continued to trim her offers (over sixty at one point) to six. They got one of her official visits. So they are in it. As to her choice? Not sure. She visited Kentucky, and Kentucky seems really unsettled at this time. She also visited South Carolina. But south Carolina has some other top guard verbals already. It seems like i read somewhere that she might not announce until December.

ADVERTISEMENT