ADVERTISEMENT

The offensive staff

tony0051

HR MVP
Mar 29, 2006
I know its early but there is a reason GD n BK never coached in the nfl n BF n KOK did. It is showing in the much improved passing game

Greg Davis wasn't a good fit at Iowa and wouldn't be a lot of places.

You need Vince Young and 5 star wide receivers to make his horizontal passing game work.

We can only hope BF's experience working under Bill Belichick will pay dividends. Too early to tell now. While ISU is improved, they aren't too improved defensively. I'm optimistic, but still too early.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Like most upward mobility job placements, I suspect that the path to the NFL for BF and KOK was made possible through personal connections.

Brian had a connection to Belichick via Kirk who formerly assisted Belichick in Cleveland.

KOK had a connection to former Miami HC Philbin dating back to when both were assistants under Ferentz, KOK as OC and Philbin as Iowa's OL coach from 1999-2002.

Greg Davis wasn't a good fit at Iowa and wouldn't be a lot of places.

You need Vince Young and 5 star wide receivers to make his horizontal passing game work.

We can only hope BF's experience working under Bill Belichick will pay dividends. Too early to tell now. While ISU is improved, they aren't too improved defensively. I'm optimistic, but still too early.

Let's hope he leaves the "video tape the other team's signs" part of the game at home. Or at least doesn't get caught.

Reactions: MadDogC
Like most upward mobility job placements, I suspect that the path to the NFL for BF and KOK was made possible through personal connections.

Brian had a connection to Belichick via Kirk who formerly assisted Belichick in Cleveland.

KOK had a connection to former Miami HC Philbin dating back to when both were assistants under Ferentz, KOK as OC and Philbin as Iowa's OL coach from 1999-2002.
I don't think GD was gonna do anything in the nfl, no matter who his papa is.

Reactions: kceasthawk

That is how 99% of all coaches are where they are. Trust throughout the staff is a key component to have success

Reactions: F6n6
are we pretending 12-0 didn't happen?
No offense but 12-0 happened in spite of GD, not bc of him.

Should have been 13-0 but the offense only mustered about 260 yds and 13 points in the championship game (85 yds of which came on one play).

BF has already proven that he is an upgrade just in his overall philosophy. (Can you tell I hated the GD offense?)

are we pretending 12-0 didn't happen?
You going to pretend the plays CJB bailed him out on didn't happen? CJ doesn't scramble for 100 yards against ISU and it's a loss.
GDGD was a 1970 high school offense.

You going to pretend the plays CJB bailed him out on didn't happen? CJ doesn't scramble for 100 yards against ISU and it's a loss.
GDGD was a 1970 high school offense.
I am no fan of Greg Davis but to claim that his enormous play book is representative of any high school offense is not sensible. In fact, a significant problem with the Davis offense is that it is so difficult for receivers to learn that they either gave up trying to learn it or spent years working to get on the field and even then they struggled to execute it.

I am no fan of Greg Davis but to claim that his enormous play book is representative of any high school offense is not sensible. In fact, a significant problem with the Davis offense is that it is so difficult for receivers to learn that they either gave up trying to learn it or spent years working to get on the field and even then they struggled to execute it.

The difficulty was a BS excuse. The problem was the passing scheme in relation to Iowa running game and talent.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.
Guy had weeks to prepare for bowl games yet same formations, motion (or lack of ) routes game after game, week after week. This was a high school offense made workable by good athletes ( many in the NFL) and a solid defense full of NFL talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT