ADVERTISEMENT

The only way to change things

DanL53

HR Legend
Sep 12, 2013
The Big Ten isn't going to suddenly decide to call things fair.

I'm for taking these last five regular season games and beating the (*&% %*(^&^ %&)^# out of every team we play. I mean, get mean physical.

Especially Maryland and Wisconsin!!! Bruise and batter the Big Ten's favorite teams.

Because if the rules aren't fair, there are no rules.

This is gonna be what it takes to prove you can't take half a league and make 'em be the Washington Generals.

I would just like see our guys get physical at some point. Its like the other team is aggressive and our guys just wilt. Be strong with the ball and physical.

I hope this week off gives them a little rest and they come out motivated vs ILLINI. I want to see them bury the last 3 teams at home and hopefully sneak one out on the road. We are still alive for the NIT.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Agreed, folks. It's been a long while since Iowa has had an enforcer on the court. Pemsl and Kreiner would be good candidates to set that tone. With three centers, Iowa has plenty of fouls to give. I've always wondered why, when this pattern of physical play by Iowa's opponents has been established, that Iowa isn't coached to respond in kind.

I know this: When I'm playing rec league ball, I do my best to give back exactly what I'm given. If the defense is playing clean basketball, so do I. But if they're hacking and pushing and mugging me, you can be damn sure I'm doing the same thing to them.

BS on Iowa nice. I want Iowa tough.

And for Herky's sake, BLOCK OUT!

I'm for it. But, when you play strong, when you aren't strong, you get lots of fouls called because it's obvious.

Guys need to hit the weight room the entire off season.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Question? If you block a shot at the rim then have body contact isn't that a foul? It seems they are allowing more body contact on blocks at the rim.

Finally. Something Dan and I can agree on. Foul 6 or 7 players out of the game! Keep grabbing the other players until the first half has ground down to a 2 hour Ft shooting fest. Then send a little love note to the BIG officiating office promising every game is going to be played like that until they start calling the holding fouls on the league favs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree4 and ZumaHawk
The idea of Iowa being incredibly physical is a good one. Problem is that Iowa has one of the least physical teams in the B1G. That is not how they are coached and most of the players don't play with physicality. Wagner and Pemsl might be the only players up to the challenge. Baer and JBo are only there mentally. The rest of the team, not.

The Big Ten isn't going to suddenly decide to call things fair.

I'm for taking these last five regular season games and beating the (*&% %*(^&^ %&)^# out of every referee we face.

I would like to say that I ABSOLUTELY agree!!!

Take no striped prisoners if we're gonna go down in flames. Take them down with us!!!

Some of it is a mind-set that has been created by the coaches though unfortunately. When you wine and complain to the refs the team feeds off of that and it creates mental weakness in close games. Would like to see it start from the coaching to be tougher.

Some of it is a mind-set that has been created by the coaches though unfortunately. When you wine and complain to the refs the team feeds off of that and it creates mental weakness in close games. Would like to see it start from the coaching to be tougher.
Fran is the only coach that complains to the refs?

Reactions: Ree4
Izzo's teams always hack and grab a LOT. If the refs start calling them, they may back off a bit. But sometimes they get in trouble - like in NCAAs where other conference refs are so nice to them. The problem, as I see it, is Iowa never hacks and grabs even when the refs allow it, so we are at a disadvantage. They need to be taught how to push the limit and how to stealthily grab a cutter and how to hide the 'cheating' like MSU does.

Fran is the only coach that complains to the refs?

No, but he doesn't do it in a way that benefits his team. Most coaches have a sensor that lets them know about prodding a ref; who, how much, how long...ect. They know when to do it and get something out of it. Fran just flys off the handle, pisses entire crews off and never gets make up calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT