ADVERTISEMENT

The stock market is overvalued

prematurecelebration-ouch.gif
DeSean Jackson was a legend for that one.

Reactions: Gonolz
Short again. Wrote some S&P futures calls expiring tomorrow at 4550 strike. Looking only to make a little bit. As 50 Cent said “Just a lil bit”

I know there has been recent good news on earnings and GDP and etcetra, but the S&P 500 in my opinion is way overvalued. The Fed has indicated more rate increases are in order. The effect of past increases is delayed. I see a recession happening in the next 6 months. The market has had its best half year in many years. Time to short the market. And I did in a big way today. Perhaps too early in the day, but we shall see. I may go broke or get rich(er). I make mistakes all the time. I took profits on TSLA in the 170s and it kept going up. It's all fun.

What are your views on the market?
How’s that shorting the market working out for you? LOL

How’s that shorting the market working out for you? LOL
The big short I made when I started the thread, I made a lot and got out. The last one I posted, I made a little. I've dipped my toes in here or there short with some hedges this week and been smacked around a little. If not for writing puts as a hedge and earning significant premiums, I would have been smacked around a lot. Fighting a raging bull can get rough. As with sex, when playing in the markets, if it ain't rough, it ain't right. Nothing good comes easy. I'm still up significantly on my net short trades, and my select individual long stocks are kicking ass, so all is good.

I am more an Elliott Wave guy than anything else. I like the 4700-4750 area. I have been wrong before and will be again.
If I see five waves down on a 60 minute chart and then a rally 50to 62% back, I will get bearish.
Well, it didn't reach 4700 to 4750. Probably get a bounce here at 4290, but there will be more down later.

Off to play pickle ball.

Well, it didn't reach 4700 to 4750. Probably get a bounce here at 4290, but there will be more down later.

Off to play pickle ball.
Never made it to 4700 on the first trip up and it never made 4290. But we did have a leg down and three wave move back up. Now we are in the next leg down. Let it play out. You should be making money on the downside now.

Reactions: Hawk_82
Technical analysis is astrology for men.

It's not that complicated. The market is extremely overvalued and being propped up by 7 stocks and 0 DTE pumps. Inflation is accelerating again (and will continue to as oil continues to rocket), the consumer is tapped out (high debt and no savings), the banks are screwed with their underwater treasuries, and the bond market is pricing things extremely different than equities.

I've been shorting this piece of shit for a while now if you couldn't tell.

Whoever has been pumping the market where it went up like 40% in 4 months for no reason whatsoever seems to be losing grip. If JPMs long puts at 4210 go ITM before they roll the contracts, we will be drilling.

Reactions: Hawk_82

It's not that complicated. The market is extremely overvalued and being propped up by 7 stocks and 0 DTE pumps. Inflation is accelerating again (and will continue to as oil continues to rocket), the consumer is tapped out (high debt and no savings), the banks are screwed with their underwater treasuries, and the bond market is pricing things extremely different than equities.

I've been shorting this piece of shit for a while now if you couldn't tell.

Whoever has been pumping the market where it went up like 40% in 4 months for no reason whatsoever seems to be losing grip. If JPMs long puts at 4210 go ITM before they roll the contracts, we will be drilling.
When did the market go up 40% in 4 months?

We all have methods and reasons to put on trades.

When we get five waves down from this last high I expect the market to go back close to the highs. If I am wrong I know how to realize it.
I’m not sure where this leg down comes to an end but we should have a ways to go yet.

I was exaggerating, but it literally went from 3850 to about 4600 in about 4 months because people said AI on an earnings call 80 times.

Some cycle guys have been calling for a low on October 20 (plus or minus a day or two). They have been saying this for a couple of months. Maybe it is an acceleration point instead. Acceleration to the downside I mean. Will know soon.

Futures down another 50 bps. If we go below 4100 today (long shot) there won't be any brakes on the way down. Mag 7 still overvalued as hell, but with Microsoft, Google, Meta, and Amazon earnings this week, things could get interesting. We'll see if 7 stocks can keep this circus running for another quarter.

Futures down another 50 bps. If we go below 4100 today (long shot) there won't be any brakes on the way down. Mag 7 still overvalued as hell, but with Microsoft, Google, Meta, and Amazon earnings this week, things could get interesting. We'll see if 7 stocks can keep this circus running for another quarter.
There is an old saying I was told years ago:
“Don’t rush the chart.”

The SPX might get the ball rolling here. Be patient.
There is a gap at 4067 in the es that buying
will show up. We will have to see how the market reacts. Does it just chew its way through that buying now or later?

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Haha... no kidding. Here is a newsflash for some of you. Fear is driving the markets right now and historically 3 of the worst months of the year are August, September and October. Anyone want to take a guess at 2 of the historically best months to own stocks?

Santa Clause is coming.
So your strategy is to time the market.
I’m in.

Reactions: nolesincebirth
So your strategy is to time the market.
I’m in.

No. And absolutely nowhere did I say that. I do, however, have quite a bit of cash right now that I will be dumping in the market if the S and p drops below 4100, which I suspect it will.

Why would you not try to time the market? That old ass saying is just to get your 401k to hold their bags. I think you're a complete fool of you have any money in equities right now. It's all speculative, over priced horse dung. Meanwhile bonds and money market funds whipping out 5% risk free. Sign me up.

Why would you not try to time the market? That old ass saying is just to get your 401k to hold their bags. I think you're a complete fool of you have any money in equities right now. It's all speculative, over priced horse dung. Meanwhile bonds and money market funds whipping out 5% risk free. Sign me up.
Their are investors and traders.
Good luck being a trader…

Uh, because timing the markets doesn't work for a majority of investors. It has been proven over, and over, and over to be a lost cause for most investors. What does work, however, is simple rebalancing when we reach market highs and corrections/bear markets.

Oh, and please explain why you think equities are over priced. They are looking pretty attractive to me.

I wouldn't consider recognizing that equities are overvalued and the macro of our economy is a complete dumpster fire being a trader. All I've been saying is that if you have significant capital in equities, I would be very careful.

I've been a good 80% cash for damn near 2 years now.

Still ahead of the game if I would have left it in the market.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT