ADVERTISEMENT

The stock market is overvalued

This is one to watch the next few years

HyHfOpsH

DkNWbeYZ

Last edited:
Oh look, it's the guy that calls out everyone for taking victory laps. Our legs were getting tired anyway.

FWIW, I was referring to "inflation defeated" victory laps. And don't look now, but another hot CPI print today. I'm glad you're profiting off this run up, but our money is losing its purchasing power at a crazy rate, and the Fed is not going to be able to cut rates like they have been saying for months. Oil has been rocketing and in May Healthcare services isn't going to be disinflationary like it has been after they "changed the way they calculate it" back in October.

I don't know about anyone else, but letting inflation run rampant is infuriating, and most of it can be blamed on the Treasury and Congress's reckless spending. This isn't limited to one side or the other either.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
FWIW, I was referring to "inflation defeated" victory laps. And don't look now, but another hot CPI print today. I'm glad you're profiting off this run up, but our money is losing its purchasing power at a crazy rate, and the Fed is not going to be able to cut rates like they have been saying for months. Oil has been rocketing and in May Healthcare services isn't going to be disinflationary like it has been after they "changed the way they calculate it" back in October.

I don't know about anyone else, but letting inflation run rampant is infuriating, and most of it can be blamed on the Treasury and Congress's reckless spending. This isn't limited to one side or the other either.
The upshot for me is when it dips there is more purchasing power. Part of my annual 401k dump in occurs in May, so if we cool if a little by then it works out. I do understand, however, it is vexing for those with a shorter horizon or who are already retired. But if that is the case hopefully you’re not riding the waves and are in something stable.

GDP way down. Inflation way up. Holy stagflation. So now Congress's spending isn't even driving growth, just inflation. Let's be sure to reelect all these morons on both sides this fall!

I'm not surprised that Chis or Joes Place or Tom Paris didn't jump on the board with a new thread crowing about the GDP number. They only post when they see great headlines, even when the headlines are misleading.

A GDP drop from 3.4% to 1.6% in a single quarter is alarming.

Reactions: IIowaFarmBoy
Huge earnings after hours. Woke Google just destroyed expectations, growth numbers like it's a small startup. MSFT also exceeded expectations. This will move the market.

That's really good news. Amazon has taken a beating the past week. They are up $6 (3%) after hours. Their earnings call is 4/30.

GDP way down. Inflation way up. Holy stagflation. So now Congress's spending isn't even driving growth, just inflation. Let's be sure to reelect all these morons on both sides this fall!

Surprised you keep coming out of hiding to bump this thread. I was actually wondering if you had any money left for internet service based on your gems from Page 3.

Surprised you keep coming out of hiding to bump this thread. I was actually wondering if you had any money left for internet service based on your gems from Page 3.
Dude, I made like 8k shorting it from 4800 to 4100. Yes, I lost some of those gains when we ripped face after FOMC in November, but do you really think I didn't jump in on the absolute stupidity of the market and buy calls over the last 6 months?

• Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch
Dude, I made like 8k shorting it from 4800 to 4100. Yes, I lost some of those gains when we ripped face after FOMC in November, but do you really think I didn't jump in on the absolute stupidity of the market and buy calls over the last 6 months?

Sure you did. LMAO!

Reactions: luvmyhawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT