Is the term “People of Color” racist?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
Affirmative action in college admissions (or corporate diversity initiatives) give special consideration based on skin color. That's racist. If diversity were intended to be "socioeconomic" or "gender equity"(which would be sexist not racist) it wouldn't be racist, but in practice it's skin color. When someone asks if your student population or or town or workplace is diverse, they mean specifically 'do you have lots of different skin colors?' They don't care if you have a good mix of talents, backgrounds, and equally represented political views.

Affirmative action is attempting to fix past racism with more racism.

Systematic racism exists in the form of disparate impact (e.g. redlining from way back that trickles generationally), but it doesn't require anyone to drop out of school, join a gang, abandon a woman with child, or do any of the other things that lead people to difficult paths in life. Unfortunately these behaviors are most common in urban areas with large minority populations. Changing these destructive behaviors would do much more to fix racial inequity and disparate impact than affirmative action, BLM protests, or highlighting every white on black crime as racially motivated, or 'checking someone's privilege'.

Treat causes, not symptoms.

You seem close when you acknowledge disparate impact is a thing. But then you go on and say the real way to fix systemic racism is by acknowledging the actions of black people is what really need to be fixed. To you, that is the cause of the problem and not the result.

Also, you have to use those most general/loosest definition of racism to make your argument work that affirmative action is racist. Which is essentially racism = treating people differently based on race.

Last edited:
Nah, You're hateful behavior on here is well documented.
Bill, you have a thread you started and continue to feed titled, “The insanity of leftism.” You treat leftism like it’s a scourge to be trampled. Not as a balance to rightism, but as an enemy. This is your daily, constant message.

You are a one-character hate group.

Bill, you have a thread you started and continue to feed titled, “The insanity of leftism.” You treat leftism like it’s a scourge to be trampled. Not as a balance to rightism, but as an enemy. This is your daily, constant message.

You are a one-character hate group.
Actually, son, I'm the only person on here advocating for the best viable solution to the current cultural and political divide in America - divorce. It's guys like you, natty, et al who keep clamoring for a zero sum outcome.

Actually, son, I'm the only person on here advocating for the best viable solution to the current cultural and political divide in America - divorce. It's guys like you, natty, et al who keep clamoring for a zero sum outcome.
Subjective. Not to mention delusional. Not to mention what in the fùck are you talking about with this zero sum outcome?

I’m happy to kick you to the curb.
iu

No. First off I’m a “coconut”, brown on the outside and Iowan on the inside. 3/4 grandparents born south of the Rio, 4th grandparent born in Iowa 1st generation of her family. I don’t consider my self a POC, but I do drop it, tongue in cheek, when I get called racist for not supporting BLM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT