ADVERTISEMENT

This is my US Representative.

We should lock Crenshaw in a room with Trump. Should be a fair fight as Trump has the bone spurs to deal with and Crenshaw lost the eye fighting as a SEAL. Here are the rules:

Only one person comes out alive and that person is president.

I must be missing something, what in that tweet makes him special?

We should lock Crenshaw in a room with Trump. Should be a fair fight as Trump has the bone spurs to deal with and Crenshaw lost the eye fighting as a SEAL. Here are the rules:

Only one person comes out alive and that person is president.

If we tied both of Crenshaw's arms behind his back and covered up the other eye, than yes it would be a fair fight. But I'd still put my money on Crenshaw.

He'll never make it though... way to much common sense for DC.

So the Democrats not voting for a bill that wouldn't have ended the shutdown makes the shutdown their fault? Sorry, that doesn't beat the President of the United States saying on national TV that he would be honored to own the shutdown and the shutdown would be completely his responsibility. You know what else? He could end the shutdown today if he would just tell Mitch to put the House bill up for a vote. He hasn't done that.

Procedural snafu my ass...
There are no accidents in Washington. There are no “unintended consequences,” only things they knew would happen but didn’t tell us about. Those a-holes may be a bunch of corrupt, amoral bastards, but they are not stupid.

A bunch of butthurt, name calling, scaredy-cat Libs in this thread... must have touched a nerve.

This had nothing to do with the shutdown, Cocaine Mitch or Trump... A bill put forward by a Democrat to pay the workers despite the shutdown was unanimously voted for by the GOP and got 6 votes from the Dems.

Unanimous for... all but 6 against.

Great thread OP. Nailed it.

hammer-thumbnail.jpg

A bunch of butthurt, name calling, scaredy-cat Libs in this thread... must have touched a nerve.

This had nothing to do with the shutdown, Cocaine Mitch or Trump... A bill put forward by a Democrat to pay the workers despite the shutdown was unanimously voted for by the GOP and got 6 votes from the Dems.

tumblr_msz32sWf7c1sfvtwzo1_400.gif

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

It's not our fault that you are too dense to understand what happened.

You know those people you despise and are always wrong about everything? Here's the thing: they're actually right sometimes. And if you're not careful, you'll end up arguing awful positions just to avoid agreeing with them on anything.

You have become what you abhor.

The bill has not be brought up for a vote. This was a motion to recommit. Your common sense guy is lying.

fr
The bill has not be brought up for a vote. This was a motion to recommit. Your common sense guy is lying.
First he, nor I, ever said it was a bill.

Yes it was a motion to recommit and would amend the Dem CR and extend the funding dates from Dec 22, 2018 to Jan 15, 2018 (from Feb 28, 2018) and pay the workers NOW.

The Bill did in fact passed today with the original date and the workers will get paid when the shutdown is resolved (if of course the Senate passes it and Trump signs it)

So maybe he was playing semantics, maybe stretching reality a wee bit and implying a bill... but nonetheless he wasn't lying or wrong.

fr
First he, nor I, ever said it was a bill.

Yes it was a motion to recommit and would amend the Dem CR and extend the funding dates from Dec 22, 2018 to Jan 15, 2018 (from Feb 28, 2018) and pay the workers NOW.

The Bill did in fact passed today with the original date and the workers will get paid when the shutdown is resolved (if of course the Senate passes it and Trump signs it)

So maybe he was playing semantics, maybe stretching reality a wee bit and implying a bill... but nonetheless he wasn't lying or wrong.

Nice backtrack bro

Reactions: joelbc1 and JWolf74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT