ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

GH0MWJMWcAcmuFX

"In less than two years, France has supplied Ukrainian Defense Forces with 250 VAB armored personnel carriers in various modifications, 38 AMX-10RC armored fighting vehicles and 9,000 rounds of ammunition for their 105 mm cannon. As well as 120 off-road vehicles and six trucks.

In addition, by the end of 2023, Paris will have handed over 30 Caesar self-propelled howitzers, six 155 mm TRF1 howitzers, four LRU multiple launch rocket systems, and 10 120 mm mortars to Kyiv.

Ukrainian Armed Forces received 30,000 rounds of ammunition for howitzers. The Ukrainian military also received 1,002 AT4 anti-armour weapon and three Milan ATGMs and an unspecified number of missiles for them.

Among the air defense systems, by the end of 2023, Ukraine received two Crotale NG SAMs, six Mistral anti-aircraft missile systems, and one Franco-Italian SAMP/T air defense system. The data on the transferred ammunition for these systems is not disclosed. Ukrainian Armed Forces also received a Ground Master 200 (GM200) radar for air defense purposes.

Among the air-to-surface weapons are SCALP EG cruise missiles, the number of which is not disclosed.

In addition, Ukraine received small arms: 55 7.62 mm machine guns, 560 12.7 mm machine guns, as well as 1,000 Famas assault rifles and 20 sniper rifles. Over two years, they were supplied with 1.7 million rounds of 12.7 mm ammunition, 1.1 million rounds of light small arms ammunition, including 9 mm and 5.56 mm, as well as 10,500 grenades and 3,600 anti-tank mines.

Paris has provided Kyiv with 160 drones and 10 counter-drone systems, as well as 30 Zodiac Futura inflatable boats. Other items of military aid include fuel, personal protective equipment such as bulletproof vests and helmets, as well as first aid kits, communications and navigation equipment."

Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
That, and articles have said that with each loss they are overusing the remaining aircraft a little bit more. There will come a point where Russia is losing planes just for mechanical/maintenance reasons. All the while Ukraine does not have a functional Air Force.
They've been probably losing aircraft because of maintenance since the get go. Big discrepancy between western air forces and old soviet block air forces on this front.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Russian mission capable rates are below 50%. Which means at any given time more than half their aircraft are down for maintenance reasons.

Saw it during my career...the Germans absorbed the East German air force into the Luftwaffe. We had a training deployment to a base outside of Rostock to fly our F-16'S v Luftwaffe Mig-29's they absorbed from the east Germans.

Anyway, out of a squadron of 28 MIG-29's they were lucky to get 4 in the air on a daily basis. We brought 4 F-16's and were flying a 4x2x2 every day. Which means we were able to get all 4 serviceable for the first go every day.

Saw it when I went to slovakia as well.

It's a combination of aircraft quality and insufficient maintenance.

The Russians have large numbers of what are actually pretty good aircraft but come up short in pilots and maintenance.

Last edited:
Anyway, out of a squadron of 28 MIG-29's they were lucky to get 4 in the air on a daily basis. We brought 4 F-16's and were flying a 4x2x2 every day. Which means we were able to get all 4 serviceable for the first go every day.
USAF and USN are on another level from the rest of the world.
A-10s over Kosovo gets into the mission rate of UK, French and Italian air forces. Barely half the rate the US maintained.

USAF and USN are on another level from the rest of the world.
A-10s over Kosovo gets into the mission rate of UK, French and Italian air forces. Barely half the rate the US maintained.
Yep. USAF maintenance group commanders lose their shit when a squadron falls below a 70% or so mission capable rate.

Most air forces in the world would be doing back flips for a 70% rate.

My friends in Ukraine are wearing down. One is worn out by explosions and not knowing where they are coming from and this hours from the fighting. Another is trying to get his wife to Europe while he stays back to be with his 21 yo in the period before he gets drafted. I've known the son since he was able to walk. He is a concert pianist, not a fighter. Emotionally they no longer have much hope. Sad.

My friends in Ukraine are wearing down. One is worn out by explosions and not knowing where they are coming from and this hours from the fighting. Another is trying to get his wife to Europe while he stays back to be with his 21 yo in the period before he gets drafted. I've known the son since he was able to walk. He is a concert pianist, not a fighter. Emotionally they no longer have much hope. Sad.
The Russians need to return to Russia immediately.

If you think they are sad, imagine the 1/2 million families in Russia who have a dead, maimed or wounded relative.

Looks like they got it

"How "Sergei Kotov" was drowned - a video of the destruction of a patrol ship of the Russian Federation"

" Latest news!: Video shows the moment a Ukrainian navy drone attacked the Russian 92 meter long large cruiser Sergei Kotov in Crimea last night. It is one of the most modern ships in the Russian Navy, valued at $65 million. and has a crew of about 80 people."

"Scouts from the 3rd OShBr noticed an abandoned Russian T-72. Without further ado, they pulled him out of the dirt with a BREM armored recovery vehicle, whose chassis is based on our Leopard. Sustainability - so important!!"

And slightly longer version where it appears the ship is trying to get away in close quarters.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT