ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

One "minor" detail: Training.

We have no idea if the US plans to provide US sourced air defenses and/or if they're training Ukrainians to use them. But you can't just provide them and tell the Ukrainians to "have at it".

North Vietnam used Soviet-supplied anti-air missile systems, like the SA2. Russian "advisors and instructors" were openly present with the launchers while the systems were used to shoot down American aircraft, such as 12 B-52s during Operation Linebacker, or John McCain's A-4 Skyhawk.

North Vietnam used Soviet-supplied anti-air missile systems, like the SA2. Russian "advisors and instructors" were openly present with the launchers while the systems were used to shoot down American aircraft, such as 12 B-52s during Operation Linebacker, or John McCain's A-4 Skyhawk.

I believe today's SAM weapons are a bit more high-tech than they were in the late-1960s.

One "minor" detail: Training.

We have no idea if the US plans to provide US sourced air defenses and/or if they're training Ukrainians to use them. But you can't just provide them and tell the Ukrainians to "have at it".

No hurry, it's only a genocide

Reactions: h-hawk
If a hundred billionaires were being bombed and slaughtered, we'd be moving much, much, faster doing anything and everything to stop the threat. Since it's just common folk, we're doing what we always do for regular people - not much.
I don’t think that’s fair. Sanctions, supply of countless weapons and support, etc.

You are arguing for direct military intervention, I guess?

Escalation of the war would certainly result in more innocent lives lost in the short term. The question is, what about the long term?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT