ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Who said they were modern?
😊
giphy.gif

I don't think that's the same. If Russia wants to re-establish the influence of its former Soviet Republics and Eastern Bloc, it wouldn't have a great effect on the lives of Americans. Shouldn't we just let it slide so that we don't risk nuclear war?
Right? Not like they almost overturned a 2nd election on us or anything... 👀

Reactions: torbee and Torg
No way they step foot into a NATO country. We’ve forward deployed troops into multiple countries, as have other signatories of the alliance. We have moved forward air assets and could move in more from the US rapidly. It would be suicidal to cross into a NATO nation.

What if a poorly-maintained rocket should accidentally land in a NATO country?

No way they step foot into a NATO country. We’ve forward deployed troops into multiple countries, as have other signatories of the alliance. We have moved forward air assets and could move in more from the US rapidly. It would be suicidal to cross into a NATO nation.
This.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
It's crazy that we're tolerating this. I know it's best that Ukraine beats the Russian bear on their own for geopolitical reasons, but this is an absolutely horrible situation.
It is, but we certainly don't want it to be exponentially worse.

Take heart. Ukraine is more than holding their own. Russia is not going to take them over. Yes, the civilian casualties suck, but this is not going to end well for Russia.

Iran has twice now bombarded a US airbase in Iraq with ballistic missiles, wounding almost 100, including brain damage. And we didn't respond militarily either time.
The 1st time was a Kurdish controlled area, not a US airbase, IIRC.

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place

The Russians aren’t exactly rational though, are they?

I don't understand the desire to "walk back" Biden's comments?

Putin already has his people brainwashed and I doubt this is going to influence someone like Belarus to engage on Russia's behalf.

Let Putin think and worry about what JB said.

I see no negative side to this to anyone besides Russia.

I’m trying to figure out this mine situation. I think I read once that the Bosporus has a current that is about 3 mph in the main channel. The whole Black Sea doesn’t dump out that fast. I’ve read stuff about the Great Lakes, and it takes years for the water to flush through each lake?
It’s 300-400 miles from Ukraine to the Bosporus, even if a mine broke free at the beginning of the Russian invasion it wouldn’t have drifted that far, right? If the Russians are dropping mines, to what end? The Turks have been trying to broker a truce. Is this simply a Russian response to sanctions? To intimidate the Turks?

I’m trying to figure out this mine situation. I think I read once that the Bosporus has a current that is about 3 mph in the main channel. The whole Black Sea doesn’t dump out that fast. I’ve read stuff about the Great Lakes, and it takes years for the water to flush through each lake?
It’s 300-400 miles from Ukraine to the Bosporus, even if a mine broke free at the beginning of the Russian invasion it wouldn’t have drifted that far, right? If the Russians are dropping mines, to what end? The Turks have been trying to broker a truce. Is this simply a Russian response to sanctions? To intimidate the Turks?
They made comments earlier that mines might drift towards Turkey. It was a threat that I assumed they followed through with.

Russians would be trying to cut Ukrainian trade for resupply and economic effect. I thought I read 70% of their trade was seaborne. Overseas customers for grains, etc.

Roughly 800km from Odessa to Bosporus, 30 days is 720 hours, so I think it's plausible it could float that way as the Black Sea is currently high relative to the Med. I haven't read that Ukraine has said they mined their own coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 86Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT