ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Cost per round is $3k. They destroyed a T-90, which cannot be replaced, for $3k.
So embarrassing. The horribleness of the tanks really makes me wonder if one of the reasons Russian war planes and bombers did not dominate the war was because they just don't have all that many operational ones nor ability to keep them going in wartime footing.

So embarrassing. The horribleness of the tanks really makes me wonder if one of the reasons Russian war planes and bombers did not dominate the war was because they just don't have all that many operational ones nor ability to keep them going in wartime footing.
I keep reading about their new terminator tank/assault vehicles being deployed. I will laugh my ass off if they are summarily lit up like Christmas trees.

Haha, that's one way to not answer. Amazing after brining up politics non-stop in the thread some of you guys want to "get back to the topic and be civil" so fast when presented with something that you don't want to discuss.
I still don't know if you were asking a question ever, or trying to masterfully win the thread, but, whatever. Consider this your little scratch between the ears. You have been validated.

Reactions: HawkMD
This story warms my heart. Apparently many are planning to desert on the 26th. Not sure why that particular date. I especially enjoyed this line: “It’s not desertion, because we shouldn’t be on this territory. … We crossed the border as 200s,” he says, using a Russian military term for those killed in battle. “We’re not actually here. So if they say I’m a deserter, f*ck off, I’m not here. Prove otherwise.”

I did a deep dive on the importance of May 26th, and it's a day rich in history. I'm going with it being the day of the ascension of Nicholas 2, the last tsar of Russia, or it being the day Sgt. Pepper was released as to why the Russians will walk off the lines.

27331.jpeg

Turkey hasn't been giving aid to Ukraine. Ukraine started buying the drones on their own before the war.

Erdogan said he wants Sweden and Finland to give up Kurds who have taken refuge there. He also said he wants "weapons systems (purchase of F-35s) unblocked."

He's a bad actor, still playing both sides. He continues to jail over 15k intellectuals and opposition figures without charges. I believe he wants Putin and a Russia that continues to be oppositional to Europe to survive, so Turkey can maintain strategic importance to the EU and the West, and keep receiving aid and handouts.
Erdogan is a puke. He let his goons beat people in the streets of DC.
I have said this before somewhere in this thread, but I will repeat that I think Erdogan wants to leverage his cooperation in ending the war with cashing in when it ends. There will be massive reconstruction needs, and he wants the distraction the jobs and contracts that will come with rebuilding Ukraine.

I think you’re probably correct.

I told this story before but after East and West Germany unified they absorbed the East German Air Force into the luftwaffe.

They had a couple squadrons of MIG 29’s at a base near Rostock and we went on a training deployment there with 6 F-16’s.

The flying schedule was 4x4x4 which means we put up 4 aircraft per sortie 3 times a day.

Anyway, it was an opportunity for our pilots to train against the MIG-29.

Well, the Germans had a hard time getting 4 aircraft up per sortie even though they had around 30 aircraft.

It was pretty startling how badly they performed in getting aircraft serviceable.

They’d break a lot obviously and the former East German maintenance guys (Russian trained) sucked.

Talked to a guy from the former West German Air Force and he said they were in the process of getting those squadrons up to NATO standards…

Wouldn’t surprise me a bit that the Russians suck at maintaining their aircraft

Ukraine: “Hey, Europe, we need rocket launchers and shore-to-ship-missiles!”

France: “Cool. Here’s a big truck for Romania.”

🙄
I'm hoping this means Romania is supplying some anti air system to Ukraine but may just be my imagination.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Russia has stopped trying to move forward and put themselves into dangerous positions with unprotected supply lines easily destroyed. Now they're just trying to sit back and entrench themselves into the areas they've taken.
If Ukraine gets enough drones and smart artillery/smart munitions (e.g. laser targeted stuff), then "entrenched positions" ain't gonna be what they used to be...

Reactions: Torg
I'm hoping this means Romania is supplying some anti air system to Ukraine but may just be my imagination.
Maybe, but I've been doing a lot of looking at military bases on the internet the last few months, and this one is on the Black Sea, well down the coast from Ukraine. It could also mean that NATO is moving more air assets into Romania. To date I have not seen NATO jets this close to the coast. It might mean that NATO is getting in position to interdict into the Black Sea to free up shipping lanes.
Maybe.

Very informative and comprehensive. The Russian tanks in long term storage have to be useless. The weather alone is horrible for them long term, but the corruption and pilfering probably makes 90 percent of those tanks inoperable. I can see some Sgt at one of those depots keeping enough tanks in operational condition for inspections. But, their officers are probably in on the pilfering, too. Just need to keep enough stuff in working condition in case someone from Moscow shows up. And, if there is an issue, you bribe them.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I've gotten some shit here for not being in Ukraine, and I have explained why. I also have multiple emails from other Vets that are there. They are picking up the fight. I'm proud of both Ukraine and allied vets picking up the fight.

We all know that we are on the right side of history. I don't mind paying taxes to support getting Putin out of power.

I've gotten some shit here for not being in Ukraine, and I have explained why. I also have multiple emails from other Vets that are there. They are picking up the fight. I'm proud of both Ukraine and allied vets picking up the fight.

We all know that we are on the right side of history. I don't mind paying taxes to support getting Putin out of power.
Guessing your expedited passport fell through?

"1. Should Ukraine seize the initiative in the war and how, in general, can Ukrainian troops act in the near future. Let's figure it out. We will also evaluate whether Ukraine can achieve victory over Russia in a short time.Thread "

Accidental Russian fires is translating in this thread

44 posts in this thread....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT