ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

“Many of the Kremlin ‘elite’ are familiar with life in the West, have had children at Western universities and lived elsewhere.
“They know there is a good life to be had away from Putin’s grasp but so far they have not done anything about it as they are too terrified of what will happen to them.”

Revoke ALL of their "western" travel visas and send them all back to the internment camp formerly known as "Russia".
There are too many places that want their money, but, yeah, the core Western nations could be more aggressive. I am at the point where I'd deny visas for athletes, too. F every Russian that is in the NHL, or all their hot female tennis players. Let them go back to Russia and earn a living there.

I never want to minimize the incredible work of the Ukrainians, but right from the start of this war that is one of actions that I have wondered about. Did we give them a heads up on that flight in real time? Did we have intel about the invasion we passed along? Biden was literally saying an invasion was coming. The Russians have proven to be very sloppy, did we listen in to some calls, and pass along some AWACs info?
Gr6J.gif

And, as long as I am suggesting intel transfers, I would ge shocked if Israel isn't giving intel to us or the British to be transferred to Ukraine. They are still playing a balancing game in order to meet their policy goals, but, I cannot believe they are not passing along information.

And, as long as I am suggesting intel transfers, I would ge shocked if Israel isn't giving intel to us or the British to be transferred to Ukraine. They are still playing a balancing game in order to meet their policy goals, but, I cannot believe they are not passing along information.
Are we denying we give Ukraine intel? It has been my understanding we have been doing that all along and it is not a secret. Maybe I have that wrong though, and it is hush hush.

Israel is in the game for Israel.

24 Dec 2013| By Bryant Jordan
Secret U.S. missile and electro-optics technology was transferred to China recently by Israel, prompting anger from the U.S. and causing a senior Israeli defense official to resign.
The head of defense exports for the Israeli Defense Ministry resigned after a U.S. investigation concluded that technology, including a miniature refrigeration system manufactured by Ricor and used for missiles and in electro-optic equipment, was sent to China, according to the Israeli newspaper Maariv.
Israel has a long record of getting U.S. military technology to China.
In the early 1990s then-CIA Director James Woolsey told a Senate Government Affairs Committee that Israel had been selling U.S. secrets to China for about a decade. More than 12 years ago the U.S. demanded Israel cancel a contract to supply China with Python III missiles, which included technology developed by the U.S. for its Sidewinder missiles, The Associated Press reported in 2002.

I don't think any airline is transiting over contested airspace right now.
True but they could shoot one down elsewhere and claim the weapon was traded on the black market and came from Ukraine.

"Rather than having its non-upgraded multiple rocket launchers (MRLs) collecting dust as France does, Norway also worked out a deal with the United Kingdom to supply the British Army with three M270s so that the UK could transfer three of its more modern M270B1s to Ukraine. This clever workaround was followed by an announcement to donate fourteen Iveco LAV III infantry mobility vehicles (IMVs) to Ukraine in late July 2022. Norway will also deliver two NASAMS surface-to-air missile (SAM) batteries to Ukraine that were purchased by the United States. The 25km+ range of the associated AIM-120C missile allows the engagement of high-flying targets.
Even though Norway's stocks of excess heavy weaponry are largely exhausted, the country is likely to continue to support Ukraine's military, for example through the provision of funding with which Ukraine can procure weapon systems from defence companies in other countries. The transfer of additional M109A3GN(M) SPGs, Iveco LAV III LMVs or even M113 APCs is also a possibility, although this will likely depend on their condition and Norway's ability to quickly replace these vehicles in Norwegian Army service."

"The W Kupyansk-Chkalovske railway bridge we can mark as inoperative. Entire Russian Front SE Chuguev-Izyum limited to supply by road. Geolocation "

Norway will also deliver two NASAMS surface-to-air missile (SAM) batteries to Ukraine that were purchased by the United States.
I guess it is too much to ask Congress to feed the domestic MIC our tax dollars, instead we have to feed the foreign ones too?

a7ccx8q26zy71.jpg

I guess it is too much to ask Congress to feed the domestic MIC our tax dollars, instead we have to feed the foreign ones too?

a7ccx8q26zy71.jpg
The US has been doing this with weapons systems Ukraine needs but the West cannot provide otherwise.
We even tried to purchase Russian designed anti aircraft weapons from Turkey (and others I cannot recall) but they refused.

True but they could shoot one down elsewhere and claim the weapon was traded on the black market and came from Ukraine.
Meh. That's a lot of work for Russia in the middle of losing a war. Those weapons all have serial numbers. If one magically turns up where, and shoots down an airliner what happens? Let's say an airliner goes down in the Horn of Africa, who gets the blame? Bits of the missile will be found, and can be traced. Someone still has to be assigned blame, and there has to be some logic to it.
I just don't see this as a viable path for Russia right now.

"The detonation of ammunition at a military depot in the Dzhankoy region of Crimea occurred due to sabotage, the Defense Ministry said." 14/ the direct famous explosion video. a boundary of first blast can be seen within 1 sec in the limits of about 400m radius and before the 2 sec maybe at 600m radius. The energy here was quite impressive no small hit."

Last edited:
Meh. That's a lot of work for Russia in the middle of losing a war. Those weapons all have serial numbers. If one magically turns up where, and shoots down an airliner what happens? Let's say an airliner goes down in the Horn of Africa, who gets the blame? Bits of the missile will be found, and can be traced. Someone still has to be assigned blame, and there has to be some logic to it.
I just don't see this as a viable path for Russia right now.
How about after the war?
Traceability won’t matter much to the people on the plane.

Another thing to keep an eye on is there is a lot of chatter on the pro Russian folks and conscripts in east Ukraine starting to revolt against their masters.

Reactions: h-hawk
You don’t think any of them have been used on the field of battle?
How about the javelins or HIMAARS?

You are one of those convinced that instead of using weapons to stuff the russkies, for some reason they would be sold.
You are either badly misled via some truth outlet, or a dunce.
It could be both.
I have no doubt they are in use on the battlefield. My concern is one bad actor tempted by money selling one to a terrorist. Let's not kid ourselves that Ukrainian or Russian soldiers couldn't be tempted by money. Really don't want to see the headline "U.S. made stinger missile shoots down Delta airlines flight over Italy"

• Wow
Reactions: DogBoyRy and h-hawk
I have no doubt they are in use on the battlefield. My concern is one bad actor tempted by money selling one to a terrorist. Let's not kid ourselves that Ukrainian or Russian soldiers couldn't be tempted by money. Really don't want to see the headline "U.S. made stinger missile shoots down Delta airlines flight over Italy"
That is a risk, but one I am sure they are attempting to mitigate, and which they have calculated must be taken.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT