ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

That doesn’t change that reducing Russian food production just starves third worlders.
Maybe it helps you to forget that if you focus on it instead, but this is bad policy.
I actually agree with exceptions for sanctions and doing business with Russia on agricultural stuff.

I don't think Russia would dare go after a Western satellite except in a nuclear war, but I wonder if they would have the same reservations going after this one. (They have killer satellites.)

Have never seen the #Ukrainian army doing anything even remotely close to that. How do you like this view @amnesty ?
I recall watching drone footage of a soldier manning an ATGM setup on an obvious apartment in the first week or so of the war.

I’m sure Amnesty ‘likes’ this is as much as anytime they see military take up positions in civilian infrastructure.

Reactions: h-hawk

Something tells me these reinforcements are good for dying, like the "rotten slaves" in Gladiator (other than wounded Maximus).

Note how in this video, if propaganda, at least the Ukranian side makes it realistic by having the cameraman under cover.

Reactions: HawkMD
Jesus what a shit show
Unite and join the new revolution comrades! (Like WW1)

Jesus what a shit show
I am still sticking to my predictions this war ends with mass desertion and surrenders.
They have been working for this goal for months and I think the events of last week are trying to push these folks off that cliff. Killing their "leaders", cutting their supplies, cutting off more and more exits, reigning terror down on them with high precision...it is all pushing for a surrender/walk away at big scale in the south / southeast areas.

FagF8laXgAArn1T
As I have said before, I am not anything more than an armchair general, but the part about getting the Ukrainians to commit seems logical. The Russians are attempting to bait the Ukrainians into committing manpower, and some Western hardware that would be a target for the Russians.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I am still sticking to my predictions this war ends with mass desertion and surrenders.
They have been working for this goal for months and I think the events of last week are trying to push these folks off that cliff. Killing their "leaders", cutting their supplies, cutting off more and more exits, reigning terror down on them with high precision...it is all pushing for a surrender/walk away at big scale in the south / southeast areas.
As I posted a few hundred pages ago. Do you want a bullet from the front, or from the rear? That's the question for most Russian soldiers. Do I take my chances in combat, or risk getting shot by some FSB goon?

The Russians like their heavy stuff, but, if I am reading this correctly, this is another museum piece that the Russians have thrown into the mix?

The Russians like their heavy stuff, but, if I am reading this correctly, this is another museum piece that the Russians have thrown into the mix?
I think that is right. Even if old, it is a big gun taken out of circulation.

I think that is right. Even if old, it is a big gun taken out of circulation.
The 2S7 Pion or Malka is a Soviet self-propelled 203mm heavy artillery. "2S7" is its GRAU designation. More than 250 units were built, some sources say 500, others up to 1,000. They were distributed around the former Soviet states in the dissolution of the Soviet Union after 1991. Wikipedia

The United States will ship another package of arms to Ukraine, including long-range artillery ammunition used to devastating effect on Russian forces, according to a senior defense official.

The $775 million aid package includes ammunition for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS, which has been employed masterfully by Ukrainian forces, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity under guidelines set by the Pentagon. The rockets with a range of more than 40 miles have been used to destroy Russian command posts, ammunition depots and logistics hubs.

The military aid package includes drones, conventional artillery ammunition and Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles to protect Ukrainian troops from Russian roadside bombs, the official said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...aine-russia-invasion-live-updates/7838279001/

Last edited:
"Ukraine will receive 225 high-precision Vulcano projectiles The Federal Government of Germany published a statement on the purchase together with the EU of 225 Vulcano missiles for the Armed Forces of Ukraine."

Reactions: Torg and HawkMD
Diehl Defence has announced that qualification tests for the Vulcano 155mm ammunition are nearing completion.

Leonardo and Diehl Defence developed the Vulcano family of precision-guided munition for the 127mm naval guns and 155mm land artillery systems under a contract with Germany and Italy.

The companies also completed the qualification programme of the Vulcano 127mm weapon system and achieved compatibility with all 127mm and 155mm systems.

In a statement, Diehl Defence said: “The fire command unit ‘pFCU’ with the embedded fire command computation programme ‘NABK’ was successfully tested by the artillery for the army ammunition V155mm and is used with its weapon systems FH70 and PzH2000.”

https://www.army-technology.com/news/vulcano-155mm-ammunition/

Macron should tell Putin to leave the plant or he will up his support of Ukraine.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin and French President Emmanuel Macron on Friday agreed on the need to send a team from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to the Russian-controlled Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant in Ukraine, according to the French presidential office. In a phone conversation, the two leaders also agreed to have discussions before the deployment of an inspection mission. Follow FRANCE 24’s live coverage of the Ukraine crisis. All times are Paris time (GMT+2)."

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/...-visits-port-in-odesa-to-observe-grain-export

Faid2CsXgAAPdZM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT