ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

More captured munitions.

"recognizing that the Russian army #Russia had many real weapons, they withdrew and left their weapons everywhere. The number of clips on the internet must be more than 10 stores. This is just a counterattack in a small city."

This reminds me of the posts a few hundred pages ago when the Russian artillery was just grinding forward, before HIMARS, and taking all of these towns, and the question was okay, they can take these places but can they hold them. Whether it was the HIMARS, some other weapon(s), tactics, or whatever, it is so great to see them Pac-Man swaths into stretched out Russian forces and taking these places back!

"The American AGM-88 HARM anti-radar missile is already in the Su-27. Previously only noticed on the MiG-29"
🫡

It's hard to imagine them making the mistake of entering the war at this point. But if Putin could drag them in I wouldn't put it past him.

"The exercises will be conducted near the town of Brest near the Polish border, around the Belarusian capital Minsk and in the northeastern Vitebsk region."

The speed they are starting to capture land back to me suggests either a strategic retreat or flat out desertion. I am leaning toward the later because A) they have shown no capacity for strategy and B) there is lots of chatter about finding equipment and ammo.

The speed they are starting to capture land back to me suggests either a strategic retreat or flat out desertion. I am leaning toward the later because A) they have shown no capacity for strategy and B) there is lots of chatter about finding equipment and ammo.
I go with option 3, the Russian lines are paper thin. In the area Russians are focused where they have been pushing (around Pisky), and they had shifted reserves toward Kherson. Now they’re trying to shift some back, but the reality is the Ukrainians tore their lines and they lacked local reserves to stem the tide.

Reactions: Madman_1 and h-hawk

WOB ^^^ 😃 But seriously not sure whether the Russians just ran out of fuel or time to evacuate with equipment, or they said f*ck this I'm outie.

WOB ^^^ 😃 But seriously not sure whether the Russians just ran out of fuel or time to evacuate with equipment, or they said f*ck this I'm outie.
Some of the units (SOBR) that the Ukrainians overran and bypassed were essentially reserve military police.

Rosgvardiya, like and UKR National Guard has units, which name "operative". This is usual light armored infantry with artillery, which can acomplish military tasks both inside the country agianst some insurgensy and together with army in usual wars. Except this Rosgvardiya, of course, has public security units, which really have more police functions, than military, but anyway they also have armored transport and APCs. Also under Rosgvardiya command are now such pure police units like OMON (riot police) and SOBR (SWAT), but they also can be used in some military actions, especially in "surgical" assault of buildings. Also Rosgvardiya has own Spetsnaz units, which almost similar to army, but has a shift to counter-terror and counter-insurgensy operations.

Rosgvardiya concept was almost fully copied from Ukrainian National Guard, so both have almost the same set of units.

Reactions: h-hawk
If they are retreating and not just deserting, the beautiful thing is that with our eyes in the sky we will be able to track Russian movements of equipment and know exactly where they are holing up. Ukraine can then send more precision guided artillery shells or rockets into those holes. Having your enemy on its heels is a beautiful thing.

It's hard to imagine them making the mistake of entering the war at this point. But if Putin could drag them in I wouldn't put it past him.

"The exercises will be conducted near the town of Brest near the Polish border, around the Belarusian capital Minsk and in the northeastern Vitebsk region."

You know that Belarussian territory used to be part of "Greater Lithuania."

Might be time for my people to work on a repossession campaign. 😁

Lithuanian_state_in_13-15th_centuries.png

Don't want to jinx things but it is wonderful seeing Ukraine do what Russia has claimed to do over the past 6 months-create a cauldron and destroy large numbers of the enemy. It also ticks me off that Russia calls itself the Allies. Just two examples of them using terms (cauldron and allies) from WW2 and living in the past.

These updated maps make me smile, watching Russian forces just fall apart now that a real push is being made is amazing. And if they can take Izyum and cut off the rail lines then I think it's over at that point outside of Russia doing something immensely insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT