ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Come on HORT. 130 more pages and Ukraine wins. Let’s do our part 😂
a15e3bec9fa9f58c822db46ce9cb83a5c6924080.gif

It’s very sad and shocking we are at this point but Putin is that crazy and Russian population that stupid and drunk and cowed that you may have a situation where several hundred thousand men may be marched with almost no equipment or skills or leadership against a well trained and armed defender and all die. If they don’t stop this you are going to have thousands of Russians dying a day soon between combat and freezing to death.
And at the front line, the Ukrainians are not just well trained and well armed, but they are battle tested. I can seriously see Russia hitting 100K KIA before the new year.

Germany has transferred to Ukraine six more Gepard anti-aircraft self-propelled artillery guns along with ammunition.

This is reflected in the updated list of military supplies, posted on the website of the German Federal Government, News.Az reports.

A total of 6,000 anti-aircraft munitions pieces go along with the self-propelled guns. Also, 3,000 shells for 155-mm artillery were supplied to Ukraine.

Thus, the Armed Forces of Ukraine already have in service a total of 30 Gepards.

= TANK
😉

Reactions: h-hawk
Last edited:
I believe a Russian major general is equivalent to a brigadier general (1 star) for us. Easy mnemonic device is Be My Little General (*Brigadier **Major ***Lieutenant ****General).

They are going to hit our 10 year Vietnam total losses first week of October in 7.5 months of war.

Also, for added perspective remember Russia has 43 percent the population. So losing 55k young men is apples to apples like the US losing 120k young men. A staggering loss, even if largely from the minority east country side. One that can’t be hidden, especially now the mobilization and admission war is going poorly.
the 50,000 is not deaths, so they're not all lost. We had 150,000 wounded in Vietnam on top the deaths. But this is a staggering number for just 7 months

Reactions: h-hawk
Imagine being a 20-something male Russian, born in the 1990s under the red, white, and blue Russian flag. You are told to report for military duty because the "special operation" isn't going well and needs more soldiers. You show up for the introduction meeting just to be chastised by a guy standing next to a lectern with a hammer and sickle on it. Then you're given an ancient uniform and ancient gun and told you start training in a few weeks with plans to be deployed not long after that as an infantryman.

How is this going to help your new army buy into protecting mother Russia? The next thing I'm waiting to see is the opening Stalingrad scene in Enemy at the Gates where one soldier gets a gun and another gets the bullets and they're told to go fight.

Imagine being a 20-something male Russian, born in the 1990s under the red, white, and blue Russian flag. You are told to report for military duty because the "special operation" isn't going well and needs more soldiers. You show up for the introduction meeting just to be chastised by a guy standing next to a lectern with a hammer and sickle on it. Then you're given an ancient uniform and ancient gun and told you start training in a few weeks with plans to be deployed not long after that as an infantryman.

How is this going to help your new army buy into protecting mother Russia? The next thing I'm waiting to see is the opening Stalingrad scene in Enemy at the Gates where one soldier gets a gun and another gets the bullets and they're told to go fight.
You raise excellent points but they are not looking for buy in. They are told they will fight or be executed. So they fight.

‘An Army of Zombies Is Leading Us to Hell’​

An interview with a Moscow professional who just quit Russia to escape Vladimir Putin’s military draft
By Anna Nemtsova

SEPTEMBER 23, 2022, 7:30 AM ET

After President Vladimir Putin announced this week that Russia was conscripting some 300,000 reservists and military veterans to reinforce its war effort in Ukraine, international flights out of Russian cities quickly sold out. This latest wave of Russia’s exodus included Anton Shalaev, a 38-year-old senior manager at an IT company, and 15 colleagues.

On less than a day’s notice, these men of military age all left their relatively comfortable lives in downtown Moscow to fly to Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. Because of Putin’s war, Shalaev tossed a book, an iPad, and a laptop in a backpack and got out of Dodge.

Shalaev and his co-workers are true tech geeks, producers of high-value computer games. They represent their country’s brightest and best, members of a tech elite that was the economic foundation of Russia’s new middle class. In a last selfie from Moscow, Shalaev brandished a coffee mug that bore the slogan not today, satan.

Anna Nemtsova: Why didn’t you want to be drafted to fight in Ukraine?

Anton Shalaev: On the day Putin declared the war, I knew I would never fight on behalf of this new Nazi Reich. They are my personal enemies: mercenaries who steal my country from me, occupy foreign territories, and kill innocent people. Putin’s army commanders have had plenty of time to turn down their contracts; instead, they are recruiting more cannon fodder now.

So I chose to help Ukrainians suffering from this horror—pay for shelters in Kyiv with crypto currency and write antiwar posts on social media. To encourage Russians at home, I said: “Guys, look, I am writing this from Moscow.”

Nemtsova: What was your escape like?

Shalaev: Unlike state-owned companies such as Yandex or the Mail.ru Group, which are making their employees stay, we were independent of government funding, so we made an immediate decision to relocate.

The atmosphere at passport control in the airport was quiet but tense; men waiting for the flight around me were exchanging alerted glances. I had bought my ticket right before the announcement—we were already hearing rumors of the mobilization—so it cost me only about $300. But my colleagues got their tickets the next day, and they cost more than $1,000.

The departure was super stressful. The border guards took each of my friends aside into a small room, interrogated them, asked if they had ever served in the military, and if not, why not. And you know that type of sly border official making their little jokes: “Aha, you are leaving on the day of conscription.” Of course, they checked whether our names were in the database for the mobilization.

Nemtsova: Did you do military service, in fact, when you turned 18?

Shalaev: No, I entered the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, which had a military department, so that released me from the service obligation. I studied political science, and dreamed of becoming a Russian diplomat—Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was a graduate there. For a long time, I considered myself a Russian patriot, ready to serve.

When I enrolled in college, in 2001, there was some ideological diversity: We had a neo-Stalinist who taught us about how “Josef” ruled with an iron fist, but the next class would be with a professor telling us about liberal values. Today, the school recruits students for the secret services. And lately, I heard that the dean has urged students to call for Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to surrender.

Nemtsova: What do you think of the Kremlin’s decision making?

Shalaev: A few old men and an army of zombies are leading us to hell. I say that because people around me in Russia behaved as if they had been bitten by a zombie, dragging my entire country into a dreadful war. All I saw was Russian loser husbands beating their wives, while the entire rotting house of the state system has turned my people into an army of the dead.

They are my enemies.

Nemtsova: What do you know of the situation in Ukraine?

Shalaev: I constantly follow the war news in Ukraine—and I seek out the best, most objective analysts. My main sources on the atrocities are Ukrainian refugees from cities bombed by Russian forces.

I realize that I would rather go to prison than go to fight against the Ukrainian army. I openly embrace my antiwar position. I urge my social-media followers to donate to Ukrainians. This entire war is a crime against humanity.

Nemtsova: What do you think of the Russian state media?

Shalaev: Russian propaganda is a weapon, and the bastards working there are war criminals. The greatest guilt in this entire tragedy belongs to a small bunch of old men at the top: KGB officers.

Nemtsova: Do you yourself feel guilt?

Shalaev: I blame myself for our careless life, for our hedonism. We were completely relaxed, a bunch of computer geeks enjoying a happy and comfortable decade of Moscow life, creating and playing our games. We thought the entire country was like us; we did not know our country.

On February 24, when the invasion of Ukraine began, it became clear to me that the old man had nothing to lose. He is a psychopath and does not care what happens to us all, to our economy, to our future.

My only hope is that he has some instinct for self-protection that will stop him from nuking us all.

I believe a Russian major general is equivalent to a brigadier general (1 star) for us. Easy mnemonic device is Be My Little General (*Brigadier **Major ***Lieutenant ****General).

Just looked and that is correct, Major General is their 1 star rank. 2 stars is Lt General, 3 is Colonel General, 4 is Army General and 5th is Marshal of the Russian Federation.

Where is this pulled from? I see updates posted all the time, but I can't seem to put my fingers on the source.
I believe these different charts are all based on Ukraine military intelligence estimates but I am not sure of that.

At this point countries need to demand that Russia be removed from the UN all together or they need to threaten to leave themselves. Any international body where Russia gets to have veto power and sit on the security council after what they have done here is illegitimate and a waste of time.

Some of these posters are gross and may want to consider some therapy.
This is war. These men are being sent to kill other men for simply existing. I hate it, but the person who is gross is Putin and his enablers who are pushing for this. Their deaths are on him. So yes, bomb the trains bringing them in before they can even get on the ground and cause more death themselves. We've seen what happens when Russians take over villages, it's time to do what it takes to make certain that doesn't happen.

Sure, don't bomb innocent villagers inside Russia; but once they're conscripts and on their way into the country they're now part of the war machine.

I have fired one of those before. Absolutely the worst gun I've ever tried to shoot. Recoil like crazy, hardly accurate at all, and incredibly slow to reload.

It's absolutely insane that Putin thinks it's still 1900 and just sending more bodies at it is going to make a difference. In modern day warfare those are just going to be lots of dead bodies without proper artillery, weapons, etc... And Russia has already gone through those. Their problem isn't the number of people, it's piss poor training and logistics along with rampant corruption that means they don't have the proper weapons to fight a truly modern war.

I have fired one of those before. Absolutely the worst gun I've ever tried to shoot. Recoil like crazy, hardly accurate at all, and incredibly slow to reload.

It's absolutely insane that Putin thinks it's still 1900 and just sending more bodies at it is going to make a difference. In modern day warfare those are just going to be lots of dead bodies without proper artillery, weapons, etc... And Russia has already gone through those. Their problem isn't the number of people, it's piss poor training and logistics along with rampant corruption that means they don't have the proper weapons to fight a truly modern war.
It's going to be like Hank and his cadets in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, gunning down medieval knights with Gatling guns.

I think something being overlooked by Putin is the impact of social media on his population. The people being “drafted” are fully aware of what they are being forced in to, no matter what some Army Officer tells them. They know how poorly Russia is doing, they know what corruption has done to their military. They are beyond being brainwashed by “Fight for the Motherland” rhetoric that occurred during WW2. It feels that at the first true test of adversity they won’t hesitate to run away, frag their officers, or surrender and ride out the war as a POW with better care than their own country provides them.

I think something being overlooked by Putin is the impact of social media on his population. The people being “drafted” are fully aware of what they are being forced in to, no matter what some Army Officer tells them. They know how poorly Russia is doing, they know what corruption has done to their military. They are beyond being brainwashed by “Fight for the Motherland” rhetoric that occurred during WW2. It feels that at the first true test of adversity they won’t hesitate to run away, frag their officers, or surrender and ride out the war as a POW with better care than their own country provides them.
I keep wondering when (if?) the military will finally put their foot down and stop the slaughter of their troops and the destruction of most of their modern equipment. They must know that Putin has to be stopped before he attempts nuclear intimidation which would be the end of them and all of their families.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT