ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

A large disturbance in the sea can be observed off the coast of the Danish island of Bornholm Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022 following a series of unusual leaks on two natural gas pipelines running from Russia under the Baltic Sea to Germany have triggered concerns about possible sabotage. Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen says she cannot rule out sabotage after three leaks were detected on Nord Stream 1 and 2. (Danish Defence Command via AP)

1 of 9
A large disturbance in the sea can be observed off the coast of the Danish island of Bornholm Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022 following a series of unusual leaks on two natural gas pipelines running from Russia under the Baltic Sea to Germany have triggered concerns about possible sabotage. Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen says she "cannot rule out" sabotage after three leaks were detected on Nord Stream 1 and 2. (Danish Defence Command via AP)

BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union suspects that damage to two underwater natural gas pipelines was sabotage and is warning of retaliation for any attack on Europe’s energy networks, a senior official said Wednesday, as energy companies began ramping up security.
The episode underscored the vulnerability of Europe’s energy infrastructure and further heightened tensions in the continent that has been rocked by t he seven-month war in Ukraine.
Seismologists reported that explosions rattled the Baltic Sea before unusual leaks were discovered Tuesday on two underwater natural gas pipelines running from Russia to Germany. The incidents came as the EU struggles to keep a lid on soaring gas and electricity prices.
“All available information indicates those leaks are the result of a deliberate act,” EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said in a statement on behalf of the bloc’s 27 members. “Any deliberate disruption of European energy infrastructure is utterly unacceptable and will be met with a robust and united response.”

https://apnews.com/article/foreign-policy-sabotage-european-union-79e773da228816c1f6fdeb53211e61e9

Reactions: Torg
"mobiks who do crazy stuff like driving into enemy positions and placing ammo in the open"

george-costanza-was-that-wrong.gif

Were you home schooled with no friends or something? Sounds like a really sheltered upbringing, I guess I was lucky I was able to get out of the house and discover all the great music that my parents weren't listening to at home. Along with the nudie mags and R and X rated movies😂

I wasn't home schooled, went to public schools all the way until I went to college (went to a private University) but I had few friends until around my sophmore/junior year of high school.

Looking back on my childhood and given what I know from raising 2 children on the spectrum if I had been born 30 years later I likely would have been diagnosed as being on the spectrum.

Pls ignore the top part.

Why should we ignore that a Polish member of the European parliament, who is also a former Polish defense minister and deputy minister of foreign affairs, credits the U.S. for the destruction of the pipeline on the same day that a new Norwegian-Polish Baltic pipeline is opened?

In 2012, Foreign Policy named him one of its 100 global thinkers for “telling the truth even when it’s not diplomatic.”

I need verification this isn’t a fake, because that is almost straight out of the Simpson’s or Monty Python. How long she goes on about sourcing and bringing your own tourniquets and feminine pads to plug bullet holes is either hilarious or incredibly sad.
It seemed pretty real. It isn't like we are getting stories about Russians going to the front well trained and well equipped.

You know, hindsight is of course 20/20, and call me crazy, but I'm in the camp of always trying to broker peace deals.
Sure, but wouldn't you want someone acting as mediator who can read and write above the 4th grade level, speaks one or both of the languages involved, a failure at everything he's done in life except promote himself, the center of multiple investigations, who isn't horribly corrupt, and compromised by Russia?

You know, hindsight is of course 20/20, and call me crazy, but I'm in the camp of always trying to broker peace deals.
It's not a "peace deal" if you are rewarding an unprovoked invasion of sovereign territory by conceding land. That is appeasement, pure and simple.

There were many Americans in 1940-41, mostly Republicans, who wanted FDR to broker a peace deal between Churchill and Hitler.
There were many Americans in 1950-53, mostly Republicans, who wanted Truman to broker a peace deal between North and South Korea.

They elected Ike to get it done.

It's not a "peace deal" if you are rewarding an unprovoked invasion of sovereign territory by conceding land. That is appeasement, pure and simple.
This, although there's no point in assuming that would be the result of a peace deal.

Here's what the deal should be. Russia declares victory, that there are no more Nazis in Ukraine. Then they GTFO.

Crimea won't be agreed upon, so the peace deal will include a UN run, UN sanctioned referendum on whether the residents of Crimea want to be part of Russia or Ukraine. People's voice decides.

This, although there's no point in assuming that would be the result of a peace deal.

Here's what the deal should be. Russia declares victory, that there are no more Nazis in Ukraine. Then they GTFO.

Crimea won't be agreed upon, so the peace deal will include a UN run, UN sanctioned referendum on whether the residents of Crimea want to be part of Russia or Ukraine. People's voice decides.
Ukraine should get back Crimea but I would be nice and renew the deal where Russia can keep the base at Sevastapol. Tell them that If they don't accept that Ukraine will blow up Putin's beautiful bridge. (Assuming it is still standing by then.)

We're not negotiating peace when Russia and its genocidal dictator is on the ropes. Russia can sue for peace if it wants, and it doesn't have a lot of leverage. Russia won't exist with its present borders at this time in 2023 at this rate, and it probably doesn't make it through 2022.

This isn't going to a Crimean referendum on which country it wants to join, it wouldn't even be a debate if Russia didn't move Russians into it

The LAV 6, sometimes written as LAV 6.0 or LAV VI, is the fourth generation of LAV, and is based on the LAV III. The first vehicles were delivered in 2013 and after testing entered service in 2016.[1][2][4] The Canadian Army plans to replace its entire LAV fleet of various LAV II and LAV III variants with the LAV 6. The vehicle is being acquired in two main variants: a fighting vehicle equipped with the 25mm cannon seen on the LAV II and LAV III, and a support variant labelled the Armoured Combat Support Vehicle (ACSV).WIKI

It seemed pretty real. It isn't like we are getting stories about Russians going to the front well trained and well equipped.
Agreed, but there have been more than a few "onion" type links provided in this thread which were taken literally.

Reactions: torbee
Occupied Melitopol seems to be hit often.

The good news for the residents of Melitopol is that for the most part, if you don't hang out at Russian posts, facilities, or ammo depots, the Ukrainian artillery is precision guided so you should not be harmed by Ukrainians. They pretty effectively reserve the dying part for Russians.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT