ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I have no clue about Russia’s nukes but wouldn’t it be awesome if we shot them out of the sky while still over Russia? Like a scud or something. I hope it doesn’t come to that….

Reactions: h-hawk
team-america.gif

Double blow for Putin as Ukraine kills another of his colonels in 'pinpoint' missile attack in Kherson and 'eliminates top Wagner commander' in Donbas​

• Aleksei Nagin was a highly respected commander in the PMC Wagner Group
  • FSB Colonel Aleksei Katerinichev was pro-Russian deputy leader in Kherson
  • Deaths of such notable figures underscores frailty of Putin's hold in Ukraine
  • The Russian President formally annexed four occupied territories today
  • But Putin's troops in the key city of Lyman in the northern Donetsk have been almost completely surrounded

You don't get to invade a country, force the people in the regions you occupy to vote to be part of your country, and then use nuclear weapons on that region to defend that region. That's lunacy and justifies any use of force the west wants to impose. You don't get to say "never again" about a genocidal dictator for 75 years and then bend over to one over some archaic nuclear armageddon fear.

"The US has sanctioned more than 1,000 people and firms connected to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine after Vladimir Putin signed treaties absorbing occupied regions of Ukraine into Russia, in defiance of international law.
Those sanctioned included Russia’s Central Bank governor and families of Security Council members.

The Treasury Department named hundreds of members of Russia’s legislature, leaders of the country’s financial and military infrastructure and suppliers for sanctions designations."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...y-annexing-of-ukrainian-regions-42030263.html

Telling you right now, they are declaring victory and pulling the **** out of Ukraine to pre war borders. Would not doubt they are also going to pull almost everything out of the annexed territory in East Ukraine too. This will be his fake victory with many parades and heroes welcomes to the returning mobilized troops returning home "victorious" in two weeks. So maybe a silver lining if Ukraine can be convinced to give it a break and let Putin die and negotiate the return of the occupied territories later. And of course zero return to normalized Russian relationships of the Western world.

• Wow
Reactions: DFSNOLE and h-hawk
You don't get to invade a country, force the people in the regions you occupy to vote to be part of your country, and then use nuclear weapons on that region to defend that region. That's lunacy and justifies any use of force the west wants to impose. You don't get to say "never again" about a genocidal dictator for 75 years and then bend over to one over some archaic nuclear armageddon fear.
100% 80 years ago we didn’t say “never again….unless they have nukes….then they can do what they want”…

More info on these:

"Light skinned vehicles and personnel"-that's racist:)

Very interesting stuff-
"Currently, the [dual-purpose improved conventional munitions] round has a higher-than-acceptable rate potential to leave duds behind," said Maj. Joshua Szafranski, an operations officer with the 197th Field Artillery Brigade.

Older models of the dual-purpose improved conventional munitions contained hundreds of smaller "cluster bomb" explosives that were often left unexploded across the battlefield, posing a danger to civilians.

Szafranski, of Hollis, Maine, said the new M30A1 round is being implemented to limit duds by replacing the smaller explosives with 180,000 tungsten steel bee-bee-sized balls. The round is expected to have applications in antiterrorism operations, such as the fight against the Islamic State known as Operation Inherent Resolve.

"This particular round will be effective against light skinned vehicles and personnel," he explained."

Telling you right now, they are declaring victory and pulling the **** out of Ukraine to pre war borders. Would not doubt they are also going to pull almost everything out of the annexed territory in East Ukraine too. This will be his fake victory with many parades and heroes welcomes to the returning mobilized troops returning home "victorious" in two weeks. So maybe a silver lining if Ukraine can be convinced to give it a break and let Putin die and negotiate the return of the occupied territories later. And of course zero return to normalized Russian relationships of the Western world.
I sure hope you're right, but I have my doubts.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Nukes are ‘archaic’?
Y’all are finding curious ways be real flippant about the possibility of genuine Armageddon.

We can go from 10s of thousands dead to millions real fast.

Imagining the Russians wouldn’t do it because you perceive it a strategic miscalculation sort of ignores how Russia’s responses created the current level of violence. They didn’t get where they are now making outwardly brilliant decisions.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger.1865

Very interesting stuff-
"Currently, the [dual-purpose improved conventional munitions] round has a higher-than-acceptable rate potential to leave duds behind," said Maj. Joshua Szafranski, an operations officer with the 197th Field Artillery Brigade.

Older models of the dual-purpose improved conventional munitions contained hundreds of smaller "cluster bomb" explosives that were often left unexploded across the battlefield, posing a danger to civilians.

Szafranski, of Hollis, Maine, said the new M30A1 round is being implemented to limit duds by replacing the smaller explosives with 180,000 tungsten steel bee-bee-sized balls. The round is expected to have applications in antiterrorism operations, such as the fight against the Islamic State known as Operation Inherent Resolve.

"This particular round will be effective against light skinned vehicles and personnel," he explained."
Sounds perfect for, oh, I don't know, clusters of 300K newly conscripted Russians camping out in Ukraine...

Reactions: h-hawk
Specifics of why this would not work. But love Zalensky doing this on the same day Putin tries to steal part of his country.

Reactions: HawkMD
Is there any special or particularly strategic about the territory Russia has annexed?

If not, maybe encourage Zelensky to negotiate Russia’s withdrawal from anywhere else in Ukraine, and then load up that new border with NATO weapons and make Ukraine the next NATO member. Yes, Ukraine would give up some territory but it would have much more security going forward.

Very interesting stuff-

Russians quickly painting all their vehicles black.

Is there any special or particularly strategic about the territory Russia has annexed?

If not, maybe encourage Zelensky to negotiate Russia’s withdrawal from anywhere else in Ukraine, and then load up that new border with NATO weapons and make Ukraine the next NATO member. Yes, Ukraine would give up some territory but it would have much more security going forward.
It's the land bridge from Russia to Crimea (which is also Ukraine's).

1280px-Annexation_of_Southern_and_Eastern_Ukraine.svg.png

Holding the eastern/southern bank of the Dnepr is strategically important for the land bridge to Crimea and the ability it provides Russia to get fresh water into Crimea.
Not having the land bridge and fresh water access puts Crimea in a vulnerable and much more expensive position.

I have no clue about Russia’s nukes but wouldn’t it be awesome if we shot them out of the sky while still over Russia? Like a scud or something. I hope it doesn’t come to that….
Wondering what would happen if the West discovers a nuclear attack is about to be launched-would they dare disrupt it with a conventional attack on the weapons?

Wondering what would happen if the West discovers a nuclear attack is about to be launched-would they dare disrupt it with a conventional attack on the weapons?
Would ‘the West’ pre-emptively strike at Russia’s nuclear arsenal?
I hope not, as I can only imagine an attack of that nature has MAD as the only response in the playbook.

Would ‘the West’ pre-emptively strike at Russia’s nuclear arsenal?
I hope not, as I can only imagine an attack of that nature has MAD as the only response in the playbook.
But what about a mobile launcher near Ukraine-that should be fair game in order to save thousands of lives.

If Russia were to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, we should cut off any country that continues to trade with them. India and China would have to choose. I’d even drop sanctions on Iran to keep them from dealing with Russia.
We should be doing that already.
Also, I’d cut off all aid to Israel, tomorrow. They’ve played both sides too long.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT