ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Leave it to the Ukrainians to figure out how to capture a long range, high altitude UAV intact.
The Iranians captured an RQ-170 Sentinel stealth spy drone in 2011.

It’s why Maverick had to train the crews for Top Gun 2, unmanned wasn’t gonna make it!

I am very much looking forward, in 10-15 years, to reading about all the American politicians who were on the Russian propaganda payroll, how they were recruited and how they were managed. Hopefully, a few of them will be hanged for treason but barring that, at least imprisoned. Tulsi will be one of the first and most egregious cases.
The first clue should have been when a bunch of the right wing nuts of HROT said she was the one Dem they would vote for.

FeM6SxEX0AMfb8G

Reactions: HawkMD
Only if Russia attacks NATO members first. Russia attacks Ukraine with a battlefield nuclear weapon there's not much NATO can do.

If NATO members start going around attacking Russian bases outside of Russia and sinking Russian nuclear submarines it's called WWIII.

This is basically the plot of the 1983 movie The Day After. Retaliatory attacks until the nuclear genie is let out of the bottle.

Yeah, I know. That's why, if we got to the point where we are trying to take out their nuclear assets, I hoped we'd get the subs first.

It wasn't a serious comment because realistically we will not be able to take out all of Russia's ballistic missile submarines prior to launching their missiles.

Definitely a road I hope we don't tread.

Yeah, I know. That's why, if we got to the point where we are trying to take out their nuclear assets, I hoped we'd get the subs first.

It wasn't a serious comment because realistically we will not be able to take out all of Russia's ballistic missile submarines prior to launching their missiles.

Definitely a road I hope we don't tread.
If the West does nothing, WW3 has started anyway.

Redirect those nukes to Moscow!

"Ukrainian defenders publish a video on the network about the liberation of Davydovoy Brod, Starosillia, Arkhangelsk, and Velika Oleksandrivka in the Kherson region. Video from Telegram of the Mariupol City Council"

FWIW-We can expect scare articles like this whether true or not.

Vladimir Putin could have decided to detonate a nuke on Ukraine’s borders, NATO is believed to have warned its members, in an escalation designed to terrify the West.

"The warning comes as Putin was reportedly ‘preparing to make key decisions about launching a tactical nuclear strike from a bunker’ a long way outside Moscow.

The Kremlin has been attempting to signal to its NATO adversaries that it was willing to brandish its one remaining trump card lately even as the Russian army suffers defeat after defeat at the hands of the Ukrainian army.

A senior defence source, however, said that a more likely demonstration of Putin’s readiness to use nuclear weapons could come in the Black Sea, The Times report.

Such a move would shatter the longstanding taboo on deploying nuclear weapons and set the world on its deadliest course since the Cuban missile crisis of 1963.

Putin – who will be 70 on Friday – has warned his closest family including gymnast partner Alina Kabaeva, 40, of the possibility of rapid evacuation, it is alleged.

Vladimir Putin is reported to be in a nuclear bunker far outside Moscow making preparations to relocate certain selected individuals in the event of nuclear war with NATO."

• Wow
Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
FWIW-We can expect scare articles like this whether true or not.

Vladimir Putin could have decided to detonate a nuke on Ukraine’s borders, NATO is believed to have warned its members, in an escalation designed to terrify the West.

"The warning comes as Putin was reportedly ‘preparing to make key decisions about launching a tactical nuclear strike from a bunker’ a long way outside Moscow.

The Kremlin has been attempting to signal to its NATO adversaries that it was willing to brandish its one remaining trump card lately even as the Russian army suffers defeat after defeat at the hands of the Ukrainian army.

A senior defence source, however, said that a more likely demonstration of Putin’s readiness to use nuclear weapons could come in the Black Sea, The Times report.

Such a move would shatter the longstanding taboo on deploying nuclear weapons and set the world on its deadliest course since the Cuban missile crisis of 1963.

Putin – who will be 70 on Friday – has warned his closest family including gymnast partner Alina Kabaeva, 40, of the possibility of rapid evacuation, it is alleged.

Vladimir Putin is reported to be in a nuclear bunker far outside Moscow making preparations to relocate certain selected individuals in the event of nuclear war with NATO."

We've reached "in the bunker" phase.....not long now....

If the outcome aligns closely with Musk’s prediction I wonder if people will hate him for it as though he were responsible.

Musk’s proposal needs to include Russian reparations along with the military & political leadership of Russia being tried at the Hague. Anything less is a non-starter. He had a halfcocked uninformed proposal and got rightly roasted for it.

Reading through this, damn, they are killing Elon. I would point out there probably wouldn't be a Ukraine at the moment if he hadn't donated and made operational all of the starlink stuff...
That was my thinking too. Some disagreement is in order, but crucifying the guy over it is just biting the hand that feeds you.

Musk’s proposal needs to include Russian reparations along with the military & political leadership of Russia being tried at the Hague. Anything less is a non-starter. He had a halfcocked uninformed proposal and got rightly roasted for it.
Do you think we’ll see Russians tried at The Hague?
That’s the outcome you expect?

Honestly, higher than anything on that list, is they need negotiate a way to get rid of their nukes as the main punishment so they can never again threaten the entire world with ending. I would negotiate it as a quiet deal that restores their relationship with west and gets them out of paying for reparations they can't afford. The west will rebuild Ukraine and embrace a new Russia back into free trade but no nukes is the price.

Honestly, higher than anything on that list, is they need negotiate a way to get rid of their nukes as the main punishment so they can never again threaten the entire world with ending. I would negotiate it as a quiet deal that restores their relationship with west and gets them out of paying for reparations they can't afford. The west will rebuild Ukraine and embrace a new Russia back into free trade but no nukes is the price.
This would be a great deal. I think it's pie in the sky, and we'd never be able to enforce it. Pretty sure they/China would form an alliance as well in that scenario.

But if it worked exactly like you said with no consequences, then it's a great outcome.

im-sorry-to-crash-your-dream-mitchell-moffit.gif

Never gonna happen. We can't even get N Korea to give up their nukes. Russia might agree to it, but never actually follow through with any denuclearization. Basically agreeing to do nothing.

This would be a great deal. I think it's pie in the sky, and we'd never be able to enforce it. Pretty sure they/China would form an alliance as well in that scenario.

But if it worked exactly like you said with no consequences, then it's a great outcome.
I will be interested to see how China reacts long-term. I think the crushing defeat and overall weakness of Russia makes them more inclined to help them break apart so they can align and partner / control its vast eastern part they border with. I also don't think they like the instability that such a nation with thousands of warheads gives the world and risk of them falling into enemy hands.

Never gonna happen. We can't even get N Korea to give up their nukes. Russia might agree to it, but never actually follow through with any denuclearization. Basically agreeing to do nothing.
North Korea has Nukes? There is a difference between idiots having a Nuke or two with meh rockets and no bombers or subs vs. what Russia has. If North Korea was ramping up to pop out a few thousand nukes and intercontinental missiles and subs, we would take them out. One thing this war has shown regarding the mismatch of equipment and training and weapons, taking out North Korea would be a cake walk. Only issue is collateral damage to Seoul, but it would be over quick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT