ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

All discussion of nuclear weapons is crazy talk. I don't think we'll ever get there.
That’s where escalation in war with a nuclear power goes.

But if Russia Nukes a country outside of Ukraine then we've entered crazy talk time. And I'm not saying we nuke moscow. We don't need to nuke Moscow to level it.
I think decades of bombing backwaters who lack the means to retaliate have inured many to what war could mean.
If we bomb Moscow why do you think Russians wouldn’t rally to the flag and demand destruction of American cities?

Do you think the U.S. president should get congressional authorization before initiating a war with Russia?

That’s we’re escalation in war with a nuclear power goes.

I think decades of bombing backwaters who lack the means to retaliate have inured many to what war could mean.
If we bomb Moscow why do you think Russians wouldn’t rally to the flag and demand destruction of American cities?

Do you think the U.S. president should get congressional authorization before initiating a war with Russia?
Settle down, we are not going to bomb your parents house.

Settle down, we are not going to bomb your parents house.
Nobody is bombing Niceville, although in a nuclear exchange I reckon being surrounded by Eglin AFB won’t be a good thing.

Do you think the President should seek a declaration of war against Russia before initiating hostilities?

This is exactly my thought. We can be a leader in production but companies have to understand this isn't a "forever" solution. One last hurrah for 20 ish years to make a crap ton of money.

I have been a proponent of developing new, green energy to get off of OPEC's monopoly on the market and take many of our interests or of the ME. It's also better for the environment, obviously.
It seems the only thing we learned from the oil embargoes of the 1970’s was to make automobiles more fuel efficient, but that only lasted so long and these days trucks and SUVs are king.

This country needs a long-term strategy and plan, but too many of our politicians are in the pockets of big oil and coal to let that happen. Greed rules.

It seems the only thing we learned from the oil embargoes of the 1970’s was to make automobiles more fuel efficient, but that only lasted so long and these days trucks and SUVs are king.

This country needs a long-term strategy and plan, but too many of our politicians are in the pockets of big oil and coal to let that happen. Greed rules.
We need a long term strategy of what you can personally own?

Basic map with topographic generalizations.

FeaDrCKaMAATgs_

Like I said...crazy talk.

Even a relatively small nuclear conflict, such as one between India and Pakistan, would be devastating, researchers found. A week-long nuclear war involving about 100 weapons and the release of 5 Tg, about 11 billion pounds, of soot would kill 27 million people directly. The study said after two years, with international trade at a halt and a 34.7ºF temperature drop, the famine it creates would kill 255 million people, assuming that the rest of the population got the minimum food needed to survive, about 1,999 calories per capita per day.

The largest scenario examined, a week-long war involving 4,400 weapons and 150 Tg, or 330.6 billion pounds, of soot – such as one that would occur between the U.S., its allies and Russia – would kill 360 million people directly – and more than 5 billion from starvation, the study said. The density of the soot would reduce global temperatures by more than 58ºF.

Sooo... global warming solved?

Nobody is bombing Niceville, although in a nuclear exchange I reckon being surrounded by Eglin AFB won’t be a good thing.

Do you think the President should seek a declaration of war against Russia before initiating hostilities?
Depends on the circumstances. Given how fast this could go down, there may not be time. But, I think this conflict has the largest chance of an official war declaration than anything we've had since Korea.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r

You live in Niceville?

My parents and brother’s family do. My family is in Tallahassee.
My dad’s last duty station was Eglin and where he retired USAF in ‘85.
Hawks are playing Clemson in Niceville on Black Friday…basketball. FWIW…

Oops you’re a mole fan 😂

All discussion of nuclear weapons is crazy talk. I don't think we'll ever get there. But if Russia Nukes a country outside of Ukraine then we've entered crazy talk time. And I'm not saying we nuke moscow. We don't need to nuke Moscow to level it.
I’m in 100% agreement with this post.

I’m really surprised Putin hasn’t escalated via unconventional weapons given that Ukraine really seems to have Russia on the run. Not how I thought this would play out, not sure why you annex them then retreat?
Depends what you’re telling people at home. As far as they know all is good in the fight agains t the Nazi devils.

Secret U.S. operations inside Ukraine are being conducted under a presidential covert action finding, current and former officials said. The finding indicates that the president has quietly notified certain congressional leaders about the administration’s decision to conduct a broad program of clandestine operations inside the country. One former special forces officer said that Biden amended a preexisting finding, originally approved during the Obama administration, that was designed to counter malign foreign influence activities. A former CIA officer told The Intercept that Biden’s use of the preexisting finding has frustrated some intelligence officials, who believe that U.S. involvement in the Ukraine conflict differs so much from the spirit of the finding that it should merit a new one. A CIA spokesperson declined to comment about whether there is a presidential covert action finding for operations in Ukraine.
We shouldn’t back door into a war.
Especially one with the prospect of ending our civilization.

The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT