ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

FebEQD6aYAAE53w

It seems the only thing we learned from the oil embargoes of the 1970’s was to make automobiles more fuel efficient, but that only lasted so long and these days trucks and SUVs are king.

This country needs a long-term strategy and plan, but too many of our politicians are in the pockets of big oil and coal to let that happen. Greed rules.
I don't know what they learned 50 years ago, and I had a whole post bringing you up to speed on reality, but deleted it because this belongs in another thread.

This is such a false narrative that somehow other countries have to provide Russia with an "offramp." There is an offramp - it's called getting the f*ck out of Ukraine. No one is forcing them to be there. All Ukraine wants is for them to leave.
Speaking of off ramps…

Biden Says Putin Threats Real, Could Spark Nuclear ‘Armageddon’

• President says US trying to find ‘off-ramp’ for Russian leader

President Joe Biden said the US is trying to find an “off-ramp” for Russian President Vladimir Putin and worries his threats to use tactical nuclear weapons are real and could lead to “Armageddon.”

“We’re trying to figure out what is Putin’s off-ramp? Where does he get off? Where does he find a way out?” Biden said Thursday at a fundraiser in New York City. “Where does he find himself in a position that he does not, not only lose face but lose significant power in Russia?”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-threats-real-could-spark-nuclear-armageddon

Someone might want to let our commander in chief know about this false narrative.

Reactions: h-hawk and hwk23
We shouldn’t back door into a war.
Especially one with the prospect of ending our civilization.

The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States.

Don't be a pussy. Russia deserves everything we send there way,

Reactions: h-hawk
Don't be a pussy. Russia deserves everything we send there way,
Then let's have Congress authorize our participation.

'Contracting' U.S. servicemen into the CIA to have them fight in warzones without Congressional authorization is exactly the kind of end around on the Constitution the War Powers Resolution was created to thwart.

Bush and Bush got Congress to authorize their wars.
A war of choice needs to start with Congress.

Taking the country to war without Congress on the record and on the same page seems like a way to invite a split and failure to achieve goals.

Speaking of off ramps…

President Joe Biden said the US is trying to find an “off-ramp” for Russian President Vladimir Putin and worries his threats to use tactical nuclear weapons are real and could lead to “Armageddon.”

“We’re trying to figure out what is Putin’s off-ramp? Where does he get off? Where does he find a way out?” Biden said Thursday at a fundraiser in New York City. “Where does he find himself in a position that he does not, not only lose face but lose significant power in Russia?”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-threats-real-could-spark-nuclear-armageddon

Someone might want to let our commander in chief know about this false narrative.
If Macron or Shultz say that they’re put on blast….

Speaking of off ramps…

Biden's becoming a putin-loving MAGA Republican?

Bold strategy!

Speaking of off ramps…

It’s false because it is not incumbent upon us to figure it out and provide it to Russia. It’s not like Russia has not withdrawn forces before. I’m no historian but this website appears to have a good rundown with old stuff but also recent, most recently their own debacle in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
I could swear that the entire Chechen army is theater majors-it's all about the props and dramatics.

"Chechen special forces and military equipment are preparing to be sent to #Ukraine"

It’s false because it is not incumbent upon us to figure it out and provide it to Russia. It’s not like Russia has not withdrawn forces before. I’m no historian but this website appears to have a good rundown with old stuff but also recent, most recently their own debacle in Afghanistan.

I think the comparison to the Afghanistan withdrawal is faulty. The Soviet Union was run by the Politburo....multiple voices and and a power structure that went beyond the head of state. Russia is basically a dictatorship and I'm not sure Putin is accountable to anyone.

There's also the fact that Politburo members weren't falling out of windows when they disagreed :)

I think the comparison to the Afghanistan withdrawal is faulty. The Soviet Union was run by the Politburo....multiple voices and and a power structure that went beyond the head of state. Russia is basically a dictatorship and I'm not sure Putin is accountable to anyone.
It is still Russian precedent, albeit arguably distinguishable. The reality is that sometimes countries even as big as Russia, and the United States, for that matter, need to lick their wounds and move on.

It is still Russian precedent, albeit arguable distinguishable. The ultimately stands that sometimes countries even as big as Russia, and the United States, for that matter, need to lick their wounds and move on.
In a rational state yes...in a Putin run state? Not sure....

There's also the fact that Politburo members weren't falling out of windows when they disagreed :)
Why doesn't Putin just claim that the Nazi threat in Ukraine has been purged with x number of confirmed Nazis killed, have the state media report the same, and GTFO?

Speaking of off ramps…

I think the only acceptable "off ramp" that could be forced on Ukraine is Russia keeping Crimea and giving up everything else. Ukraine won't accept that and will go down kicking and screaming but that's the only semi-acceptable "off ramp". Not sure Putin would even accept that...

In short I'm not sure an "off ramp" is even possible.

I think the only acceptable "off ramp" that could be forced on Ukraine is Russia keeping Crimea and giving up everything else. Ukraine won't accept that and will go down kicking and screaming but that's the only semi-acceptable "off ramp". Not sure Putin would even accept that...

In short I'm not sure an "off ramp" is even possible.
If only Putin hadn't have annexed those lands. Now the West can't back down because Putin will have license to do whatever he wants. (IMO)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT