ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Good point.

GHHPU5vXEAALs-b
This guy is married to Anne Applebaum. Pretty good at anti-autocratting.

Reactions: h-hawk
FWIW and yes I am posting bad news if true. The Russians are really pushing this story today.
If the US had given Ukraine more than 31! of the thousands we have in reserve, this would not be a big story.
(The US could have had many more ready to go to Ukraine with the simpler armor if we just had the guts to do so.)

Reactions: HawkMD

Not enough men
Germany had a 2nd front. Most of the force to the Ardenne's came from the east. They pulled 10 percent off the east to move west. The move failed. The author also doesn't mention that German pullbacks included hard offensive manuevers that weren't to push back the enemy, but to make room for retreat and be able to recover most of the forces. The Ukraine pullback at Ardivka was much better than the retreat/jmassacre from Debeltseve in 2015 against Russian/Wagner forces.

Ukraine hasn't tapped the 25 and under group, but mothers there will be very protective of their sons. It is a cultural aspect the west can't understand.

europe_map_large.jpg
What was their army doing in front of Warsaw in 1920?

Well, until Western powers dismembered her at the end of WW1, that was then a part of Russia.

Newcomers to Polish genealogy often start with a few misconceptions. Many Americans have only a dim understanding of the border changes that occurred in Europe over the centuries, and in fairness, keeping up with all of them can be quite a challenge, as evidenced by this timelapse video that illustrates Europe’s geopolitical map changes since 1000 AD. So it’s no wonder that I often hear statements like, “Grandma’s family was Polish, but they lived someplace near the Russian border.” Statements like this presuppose that Grandma’s family lived in “Poland” near the border between “Poland” and Russia. However, what many people don’t realize is that Poland didn’t exist as an independent nation from 1795-1918.

In a very unexpected plot twist, Ukraine appears to be in agreement with the Kremlin on Alexei Navalny's death inside a far northern Russian prison which occurred on Feb. 16 and was listed by Russian authorities as officially due to "natural causes". The dominant Western narrative has thus far been that Putin had him "murdered".

Yet now Kiev sources are saying that the anti-Putin activist supported by the West died of a blood clot. Surprisingly, this explanation is being advanced among Ukraine media sources after none other than Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, chief of the Main Directorate of Intelligence (HUR), bluntly stated it to a group of journalists on Sunday. "I may disappoint you, but as far as we know, he indeed died as a result of a blood clot. And this has been more or less confirmed," Budanov stated.

In a very unexpected plot twist, Ukraine appears to be in agreement with the Kremlin on Alexei Navalny's death inside a far northern Russian prison which occurred on Feb. 16 and was listed by Russian authorities as officially due to "natural causes". The dominant Western narrative has thus far been that Putin had him "murdered".

Yet now Kiev sources are saying that the anti-Putin activist supported by the West died of a blood clot. Surprisingly, this explanation is being advanced among Ukraine media sources after none other than Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, chief of the Main Directorate of Intelligence (HUR), bluntly stated it to a group of journalists on Sunday. "I may disappoint you, but as far as we know, he indeed died as a result of a blood clot. And this has been more or less confirmed," Budanov stated.
Are blood clots normal for a person of his age?

Hope he means it. It does tie in to what others have suggested.

I have no problem if European countries want to do that. This is their neighborhood they want to clean up. But this is not our war to fight yet. We’ll cover their backs while they’re fighting, but I don’t want US troops on the ground in Ukraine.

That doesn’t mean we can‘t keep, and increase, sending military supplies though.

GHVbothW4AAI-JC

MOSCOW, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Russia on Tuesday ordered a six-month ban on gasoline exports from March 1 to keep prices stable amid rising demand from consumers and farmers and to allow for maintenance of refineries in the world's second largest oil exporter.

I have no problem if European countries want to do that. This is their neighborhood they want to clean up. But this is not our war to fight yet. We’ll cover their backs while they’re fighting, but I don’t want US troops on the ground in Ukraine.

That doesn’t mean we can‘t keep, and increase, sending military supplies though.
More on the subject.

Since the war has been essentially a stalemate and trench warfare for the last few months maybe the Ukrainians would be wise to give some ground and set the Russians up to over extend themselves and the Ukrainians hit them with a counter offensive. Been done in warfare before...have to break the stalemate. Get them in exposed positions instead of fortifications that they've been building for months. One can hope...

The new Ukrainian commander in chief seems to be more willing to give ground instead of engaging in meat grinder fights like Bahkmut.

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian troops have pulled out of a village in the east of the country, an army spokesman said Monday, as Russian forces display advantages in manpower and ammunition on the battlefield at the start of the war ’s third year.

The latest setback for Kyiv’s soldiers was in the village of Lastochkyne, where they fell back to nearby villages in an attempt to hold the line there, Dmytro Lykhovii, a spokesman for one of the Ukrainian troop groupings, said on national television.

Lastochkyne lies to the west of Avdiivka, a suburb of Donetsk city that the Kremlin‘s forces captured on Feb. 18 after a four-month battle. The outnumbered defenders were overwhelmed by Moscow’s military might, and Ukraine chose to pull out its troops and mount a defense elsewhere.

What does the U.S. do if a Russian strike takes out 50-100 French soldiers? Are we just sitting by and let NATO members get pummeled?

Reactions: iavagabond
Yeah right. A shell of itself Russia and who else? China isn’t jumping into this.
Russia still has 7,000 thermonuclear warheads. If they feel threatened NATO is moving east into what they claim as Russia they will use one to halt an advance. Then what?

At that exact moment I predict China will make its move on Taiwan while the U.S. and NATO are in a direct war with Russia. Is the U.S. really ready to fight a two front war? So basically full steam ahead for World War 3.

I have three draft eligible children I better get them out to the gun range again this weekend.

Russia still has 7,000 thermonuclear warheads. If they feel threatened NATO is moving east into what they claim as Russia they will use one to halt an advance. Then what?

At that exact moment I predict China will make its move on Taiwan while the U.S. and NATO are in a direct war with Russia. Is the U.S. really ready to fight a two front war? So basically full steam ahead for World War 3.

I have three draft eligible children I better get them out to the gun range again this weekend.
Would Russia risk nuclear war to protect land they have stolen from Ukraine-that is the big question. Putin may be that crazy but what about his military-they know what is at stake. Biden's administration has been letting Putin control the conflict due to the same fears. (Definitely not saying trump would have even done as much as we have done so far.) But much if Western Europe sincerely believe that they are next and the time may be coming to shut Russia down before they can rebuild their conventional forces.
(I wish a drone factory or two in Iran and a ship or two from North Korea would mysteriously explode-then Russia would know the West meant business.)

Last edited:
What does the U.S. do if a Russian strike takes out 50-100 French soldiers? Are we just sitting by and let NATO members get pummeled?
It’s a defensive alliance.
If France goes and finds a war to fight in Africa or Ukraine that doesn’t put their NATO allies on the hook.
It’s why I think it would be unlikely for the Baltics or Poland to send forces to Ukraine, as that opens them up to retaliation on their soil.

NATO isn’t a suicide pact where one member can drag the rest of the alliance into an elective war.

Reactions: iavagabond
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT