ADVERTISEMENT

This will sound odd to most of you, but...

SSG T

HR Legend
Jul 10, 2002
Have any of you heard The String Cheese Incident?

We're going to Colorado in a couple of weeks and I wanted to go to a concert at Red Rocks. Listening to all of the bands that were going to be there that week, they were the only one that sounded decent when listening on Spotify. But then again, I only listened to parts of a few songs on 2-3 albums.

I know nothing about them, was hoping someone here heard of them or had listened to them.

FTR, the Black Keys are going to be there that week, and I'd be ok with them...but I'm not paying $1000 for 3 tickets. I might pay that for an REM reunion show, but not the Black Keys.

If you like drugs and the early 2000s version of Phish, you are in good shape.

*I could see them putting on a good visual show during the concert.

I’d risk waiting for the Black Keys prices to come down right before the event.

The cancelled our fireworks, so we’re going to Blues Traveler on the 4th.
I still giggle at the idea of having a song that says something to the extent of you are all too stupid for it to matter as long as the chorus is good you will sing this. (Hook)

Reactions: 750075 and mnole03

We're going to Colorado in a couple of weeks and I wanted to go to a concert at Red Rocks. Listening to all of the bands that were going to be there that week, they were the only one that sounded decent when listening on Spotify. But then again, I only listened to parts of a few songs on 2-3 albums.

I know nothing about them, was hoping someone here heard of them or had listened to them.

FTR, the Black Keys are going to be there that week, and I'd be ok with them...but I'm not paying $1000 for 3 tickets. I might pay that for an REM reunion show, but not the Black Keys.
The best concert I have ever attended was Black Keys in Kansas City in 2010. It was just the two of them, before all of this electronic shit, and the outdoor venue held maybe a couple thousand. Incredible that two people could do what they did. I saw them a few years later at Sprint Center, completely different experience. Sometimes you're lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Last edited:
They'd be a great show to catch at RR. I've only caught part of a set at bonnaroo one year, but I've seen The Kyle Hollingsworth Band(led by the STI keyboardist) a couple times and enjoyed it.

Reactions: SSG T
I just want to know more about the String Cheese Incident that gave them their name. Could have something to do with Op's mom

I really want some string cheese right now. Luckily I have some in the fridge.

Have seen them many times in many locations including Red Rocks. You'll be at Red Rocks, during an "Incident," hell yes it's worth attending. I'd recommend the show on the 16th with Leftover Salmon, but all will be good (Sunday will be Grateful Dead heavy if you're into that).

If you like chicks that haven't showered in days and hairy female genitalia, then you are in luck.
giphy.gif

They are very talented; jam band with a lot of bluegrass sound. They are the main attraction at a big festival in North Florida every year, Suwannee Hulaween

Well, we made it to the parking lot. Doors open in an hour. Chance of rain the next couple of hours, then should hold off.

And whoever said there would be a lot of pot smoking...yes, yes there is.

beautiful night here in Morrison. Bandimere speedway is louder than red rocks tonight. Liking the venue?
Love it. The wife isn't hugely thrilled, but she's only ever been to mainstream country, so she's a bit concerned.

I figure it's a good night if you don't leave and have to go to the hospital for stitches. Which is normal for most of the concerts I've been to.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Careful on those steps. I’ve seen many people leave red rocks to go get stitches lol.

Careful on those steps. I’ve seen many people leave red rocks to go get stitches lol.

Yeah, some dude, either drunk or high, did the slide down a set. It wasn't the guy selling pot, edibles, mollies, lsd and probably a lot of other stuff earlier.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
If anyone likes bluegrass, highly recommend Yonder Mountain String Band. They're the opening act and were fantastic. The girl playing fiddle and the dude playing mandolin could rip.

Allie. She’s from Chicago. Used to play in a band with some of my friends. She was way too good for them and they all knew it.

Enjoy whatever you decide on. Red Rocks is the best live outdoor venue that I’ve ever been to. It’s simply awe inspiring being there for a show.

Last edited:
Yep

Some folks I know big into the 420 scene are regular attendees of their concerts whenever they are out here.

Well, Red Rocks holds about 9500 people, there were about 9000 of them smoking pot. My daughter and I were fine with it, my wife was a bit freaked out. Considering the wildest concert she's ever been to is Alan Jackson, that's not surprising.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT