ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Sowell quote

That is not what it said, but literacy was never your strong suit.

here is the mission statement

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

explain to me what you think it means

the mission statement?

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think that means they are encouraging single parent households. It clearly means creating larger, extended and neighborhood family that looks out for all their children and aged in the community.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think that means they are encouraging single parent households. It clearly means creating larger, extended and neighborhood family that looks out for all their children and aged in the community.

Is he stupid or just an Uncle Tom

Reactions: Nat Algren

is there studies that show this type of parenting is better than a 2 parent household?

Sounds like Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Let’s break this down in your own words, what does western prescribed nuclear family structure requirements mean to you

There is pretty much no one of any value in ANY Sociology Department. It's arguably the most useless discipline on any college campus.

His question is BS because the study of sociology is largely done through the interdisciplinary studies of economics, law, public policy, philosophy, political theory, history, etc. There's no shortage of conservative scholars that work in the subject area.

And Sowell was at UChicago when Hayek was in the Social Thought Department.

OMG, Marcellus Wiley is absolutely a huge idiot and always has been. Literally and figuratively, of course.

done responding to me? If so there has got to be some of your liberal friends on here that will jump in and help you, any takers?

pretty racist thing to say especially today, but since you are a liberal you get a pass

This shows how much of a moron you are. I’ve called you out for being an idiot how many times? Ignorance knows no race. It’s a trait of all people. But it’s liberals that cry racism over stupid BS that isn’t racism. :rolleyes:

Let’s break this down in your own words, what does western prescribed nuclear family structure requirements mean to you

I gave you the answer above. You illiterate?

Reactions: HawkNester
This shows how much of a moron you are. I’ve called you out for being an idiot how many times? Ignorance knows no race. It’s a trait of all people. But it’s liberals that cry racism over stupid BS that isn’t racism. :rolleyes:

I gave you the answer above. You illiterate?

So angry. I guess I am illiterate so can you please tell me what you think it says. See I even said please. I am asking your definition of the western family

So angry. I guess I am illiterate so can you please tell me what you think it says. See I even said please

FFS. I will copy and paste my quote from above for you since you’re incapable...

It clearly means creating larger, extended and neighborhood family that looks out for all their children and aged in the community.

Reactions: RileyHawk
FFS. I will copy and paste my quote from above for you since you’re incapable...

It clearly means creating larger, extended and neighborhood family that looks out for all their children and aged in the community.

but you are ignoring the western prescribed nuclear family structure. What does that mean?

I remember when conservatives made similar claims when women started to enter the workforce en masse. “It’s going to ruin the American family” “women need to stay home, cook and clean—take care of the kids.”
Are you going to help Menace out?

One man , one woman with kids living under one roof. A family doesn't have to be that.

BLM wants to disrupt that, the definition of disrupt is: drastically alter or destroy the structure of (something). So is it fair to say that in their first sentence they want to drastically alter or destroy the one man, one woman with kids living under one roof?

What if daddy's an abusive molester or mom is a pill popper. I'd much rather be growing up with Grandma or Uncle Steve and his husband Tim.

What do the majority of studies show between a child raised in a one parent or a two parent home?

81cf111cae3f64169e7df07c6ec680a2.jpg
Amusing, and true for the first 2 parts.

But why are we listening to someone who never believed that? Certainly not 60 years ago or 30 years ago. Maybe today, but only because he's been part of the culture that's tried to make sure that the the same rules are abundantly unequal. You know, the rules that say you have to be rich to feed at the public trough, so if you are denied public benefits while a rich man or corporation is rolling in them, you ARE playing by the same rules. It's just that the rules are rigged.

Reactions: naturalmwa
BLM wants to disrupt that, the definition of disrupt is: drastically alter or destroy the structure of (something). So is it fair to say that in their first sentence they want to drastically alter or destroy the one man, one woman with kids living under one roof?
Maybe they want to disrupt the stigma of not being in a nuclear family. Idk ask BLM. I'm not a card carrying member.

Maybe they want to disrupt the stigma of not being in a nuclear family. Idk ask BLM. I'm not a card carrying member.

so trying to erase the stigma is better than trying to have a two parent household. Look @Menace Sockeyes, called me stupid, ignorant, illiterate, an idiot, and a moron. So here is everyone's chance to stick it to me and explain to me what that first sentence says and means

Reactions: Nat Algren
Kids do better with 2 parents vs 1. But I'm sorry not everything in the world is ideal.

thank you, so do you think it is odd that is in BLM's mission statement? Isn't it counterintuitive for kids especially minorities to not grow up in a 2 parent household

Sowell has conservative views.

Therefore he must be discounted. It’s really that simple.

I’d be willing to bet that the poster you’re responding to is 100% in line with the premise presented in “Freakonomics”; that legalizing abortion causes a decrease in violent crime.
No, it isn’t that simple. His rationalizations are flawed and only work by leaving out LOTS of important context. This has nothing to do with his place on any ideological spectrum. Fûck!

so trying to erase the stigma is better than trying to have a two parent household. Look @Menace Sockeyes, called me stupid, ignorant, illiterate, an idiot, and a moron. So here is everyone's chance to stick it to me and explain to me what that first sentence says and means
"Trying to have a two parent household" is vapid, useless conservative horseshit. Shame on you for holding it up. You can't have two parent households for people who already don't have two parent households. You just wanna diagnose? Then STFU, you're not helping anything and you're not pleasant to look at or listen to so there's no reason for your participation.

"Trying to have a two parent household" is vapid, useless conservative horseshit. Shame on you for holding it up. You can't have two parent households for people who already don't have two parent households. You just wanna diagnose? Then STFU, you're not helping anything and you're not pleasant to look at or listen to so there's no reason for your participation.

Either you don't understand the meaning of our conversation or you are just trying to take shots at me. Which is fine, I can handle it. So me wanting kids to grow up in a two parent household is useless horseshit? Even though numerous scientific studies back me up that it is better for the child

thank you, so do you think it is odd that is in BLM's mission statement? Isn't it counterintuitive for kids especially minorities to not grow up in a 2 parent household
People have to live with the reality they are given. Disportante amount of black males are out of the parental equation. Be it early death or incarceration. Try walking in the other person's kicks sometime. Listen more talk less.

leaving out LOTS of important context

The lefts modus operandi, keep shifting the goal posts until you can claim victory.

Either you don't understand the meaning of our conversation or you are just trying to take shots at me. Which is fine, I can handle it. So me wanting kids to grow up in a two parent household is useless horseshit? Even though numerous scientific studies back me up that it is better for the child
Does your nurse wand make parents appear out of thin air? Or are you full of shit?

Reactions: Rudolph
People have to live with the reality they are given. Disportante amount of black males are out of the parental equation. Be it early death or incarceration. Try walking in the other person's kicks sometime. Listen more talk less.

I understand life and the situations people live in, but why would BLM advocate for something that is counterintuitive to raising a minority child. That is my basis for this argument

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT