ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Sowell quote

Thomas-Sowell-Quote-e1482948537266.jpg
Typical wingnut. Either doesn't understand what most people mean by "diversity" or is deliberately misusing it to deceive.

Sowell is usually wrong, but not dumb. So my guess is he's deliberately being a jerk.

And look at all our HROT folks jumping at the chance to pile on. Some of them, no doubt, think this proves they aren't racists because - look here! - they're agreeing with a black man!

It is pure insanity to suggest that BLM opposes the 2 parent household. Insanity.

what does this mean then? "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement"

Help me to understand.

Either you don't understand the meaning of our conversation or you are just trying to take shots at me. Which is fine, I can handle it. So me wanting kids to grow up in a two parent household is useless horseshit? Even though numerous scientific studies back me up that it is better for the child
So what do you propose should be done by our government to ensure every child grows up in a two parent household? What should happen to the children that don't have that opportunity?

So what do you propose should be done by our government to ensure every child grows up in a two parent household? What should happen to the children that don't have that opportunity?

That not the point, the point is asking why BLM promotes the disruption of the nuclear family

I understand life and the situations people live in, but why would BLM advocate for something that is counterintuitive to raising a minority child. That is my basis for this argument
It's only counter-intuitive to you it appears. The mission isn't to do away with two parent households but to expand the support structure to those who don't have that advantage.

This is a pretty simple concept.

It's only counter-intuitive to you it appears. The mission isn't to do away with two parent households but to expand the support structure to those who don't have that advantage.

This is a pretty simple concept.

Then why say disrupt?

It's literally out of the cultural Marxist - destroy western civilization- playbook. LITERALLY
Literally out of the cultural Marxist playbook?

Literally?

This should be easy, then:

Please link said cultural Marxist handbook.

And please quote and link the exact literal wording.

I'm really excited. I've always wanted to find a copy of the literal cultural Marxist handbook. I bet it's awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Literally out of the cultural Marxist playbook?

Literally?

This should be easy, then:

Please link said cultural Marxist handbook.

And please quote and link the exact literal wording.

I'm really excited. I've always wanted to find a copy of the literal cultural Marxist handbook. I bet it's awesome.

Thanks in advance.
Check Amazon

That not the point, the point is asking why BLM promotes the disruption of the nuclear family
It is the point. You don't want to consider it because your thought process is so shallow, but it most definitely is the point.

Reactions: Rudolph
I understand life and the situations people live in, but why would BLM advocate for something that is counterintuitive to raising a minority child. That is my basis for this argument
Versatility. The notion of multiple functioning types of family structures does not exclude the concept of the two-parent loving home as an option. Promoting that good can come of "non-traditional" homes is neither threatening to the "ideal" nor in competition with it.

Definitely some truth in this one.

You have to review your problem solving efforts to make sure you're not creating more problems, problems that may, on balance, cause more harm than good.

You can inadvertently incentivize poor behavior.

This post-hoc analysis would be a good job for conservatives.

But instead of letting analysis do the talking, both sides become instantly entrenched in their position; unwavering, reality be damned.

No shit. That’s Sociology 101 stuff. First off, there is no difference between blacks and whites in the amount of fathers that live in the home vs not, across the same socioeconomic classes.

What you just said is that fatherlessness itself affects blacks and whites similarly. I think you’ll find is no disagreement between yourself and Sowell on that point.
These are human incentives at work in an unfortunate way.

Such trends are not unique to blacks, nor even to the United States.

The welfare state has led to remarkably similar trends among the white underclass in England over the same period.

Just read "Life at the Bottom," by Theodore Dalrymple, a British physician who worked in a hospital in a white slum neighborhood.

You cannot take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization -- including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain -- without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large.
” -Thomas Sowell

Sowell used marriage data, which doesn’t account for the large portion of unmarried yet together black parents.

Poverty rates for black married couples have been single digit for decades.
Shacking up ain’t married.

How many legs does a cow have if I call a tail a leg?
Four, calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it so.

Typical wingnut. Either doesn't understand what most people mean by "diversity" or is deliberately misusing it to deceive.

Sowell is usually wrong, but not dumb. So my guess is he's deliberately being a jerk.

And look at all our HROT folks jumping at the chance to pile on. Some of them, no doubt, think this proves they aren't racists because - look here! - they're agreeing with a black man!

Too many people are interested in superficial diversity... i.e. a parking lot full of the same model of car with different paint jobs.

Definitely some truth in this one.

You have to review your problem solving efforts to make sure you're not creating more problems, problems that may, on balance, cause more harm than good.

You can inadvertently incentivize poor behavior.

This post-hoc analysis would be a good job for conservatives.

But instead of letting analysis do the talking, both sides become instantly entrenched in their position; unwavering, reality be damned.
The moment some dude like this paints broad brushes of "the left" or "the right" I immediately call bullshit.

He's choosing to simplify when suitable, get specific when suitable, and not to find real truth, but rather to promote his truth.

What you just said is that fatherlessness itself affects blacks and whites similarly. I think you’ll find is no disagreement between yourself and Sowell on that point.
These are human incentives at work in an unfortunate way.

Such trends are not unique to blacks, nor even to the United States.

The welfare state has led to remarkably similar trends among the white underclass in England over the same period.

Just read "Life at the Bottom," by Theodore Dalrymple, a British physician who worked in a hospital in a white slum neighborhood.

You cannot take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization -- including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain -- without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large.
” -Thomas Sowell

Poverty rates for black married couples have been single digit for decades.
Shacking up ain’t married.

How many legs does a cow have if I call a tail a leg?
Four, calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it so.

Co-parenting in the same house isn’t “shacking up”. Sowell once again looks for any anecdotal evidence to support his hypothesis rather than letting good evidence shape his conclusion.

Very simply - they challenge it to be (or should be as some have suggested) the only method of family structure that can be successful. Again, it's pretty simple.

Here is the definition of disrupt, which doesn't fly with your explanation. So lets go back to their first sentence. I don't see challenge at all in the definition, all I see is getting rid or destroy or hamper. Why use the word disrupt if that is not what they meant?

We interrupt by causing a disturbance or problem, we drastically destroy the structure of, drerange, turn upside down, make a mess of, disturb, disorder, disorganize, disarrange, interfere with, upset, unsettle, convulse, interrupt, suspend, discontinue, obstruct, impede, hamper, hold up, delay, retard, slow the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disrupt
Definition of disrupt

dis·rupt
/disˈrəpt/
Learn to pronounce

verb
  1. interrupt (an event, activity, or process) by causing a disturbance or problem.
    "a rail strike that could disrupt both passenger and freight service"

Similar:
    throw into confusion
    throw into disorder
    throw into disarray
    cause confusion/turmoil in
    play havoc with

derange

turn upside-down
    make a mess of

disturb

disorder

disorganize

disarrange

interfere with
    upset

unsettle

convulse

interrupt

suspend

discontinue

obstruct

impede

hamper

hold up

delay

retard

slow (down)
    • drastically alter or destroy the structure of (something).

His question is BS because the study of sociology is largely done through the interdisciplinary studies of economics, law, public policy, philosophy, political theory, history, etc. There's no shortage of conservative scholars that work in the subject area.

And Sowell was at UChicago when Hayek was in the Social Thought Department.
Pic of Hayek?

Oh, what the hell.…
Hot-Salma-Hayek.jpeg

Reactions: mnole03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT